Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:31 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Elongated Man (Breathing Period)

For what it’s worth, I was taking into account that a melee figure 2 spaces away could still “close the gap” to attack Elongated Man. My concern is finding another figure (Jean Grey? Graviton?) who can lock down a figure’s movement at range and keep the figure from attacking altogether. Although I suppose that’s enough What Ifs? and enough points invested to not worry about it too much.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:34 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If a figure 2 spaces away is engaged with EM, he doesn't need to move closer to attack with Range 1 because once you're engaged, you don't look at Range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:35 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Uh... is that spelled out in the rules?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

No. The rules do say that figures with a range of 1 can only attack adjacent figures, and that you don't need line of sight to do so. They don't say that you can always attack figures you're engaged with. The rules, in general, don't fluidly handle the idea of engagement being decoupled from adjacency.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which sort of goes to Soundwarp's point I think. I really liked the idea of the power but the execution may be more difficult.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just double-checked. Ronin's right. So this would need to be changed to something like this:

RIDICULOUS REACH
For purposes of engagement, Elongated Man is considered to occupy every space within 1 space of himself. If Elongated Man rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with him, that figure may not leave the engagement with Elongated Man this turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could we just say adjacent instead of engaged in the original text?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 08:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
For what it’s worth, I was taking into account that a melee figure 2 spaces away could still “close the gap” to attack Elongated Man. My concern is finding another figure (Jean Grey? Graviton?) who can lock down a figure’s movement at range and keep the figure from attacking altogether. Although I suppose that’s enough What Ifs? and enough points invested to not worry about it too much.
What does Elongated Man add that Jean and Graviton aren’t accomplishing on their own in those examples?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
RIDICULOUS REACH
When an enemy figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Elongated Man moves 3 spaces away from Elongated Man, Elongated Man may roll for a leaving engagement attack versus that figure. If Elongated Man rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with him, that figure may not leave the engagement with Elongated Man this turn.
This wording might be the most clear way to go about it, but it does feel a bit clunky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
RIDICULOUS REACH
For purposes of engagement, Elongated Man is considered to occupy every space within 1 space of himself. If Elongated Man rolls a skull against a figure leaving an engagement with him, that figure may not leave the engagement with Elongated Man this turn.
This wording reads a lot cleaner, but I would need clarification that it works the way we think it does.

I believe we're all agreed on what the power should do, which is that it should allow LEAs when figures leave a 2-space aura around him. Getting the right wording is tough, but I think the options could be good bets.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:26 PM

If you just want a proximity wounding power, base it off of Poison Ivy or War-Machine.

The original intent was full rngagement, including ranged figure lockdown.

The SP is probably too complex/wordy right now, though, so I understand if you have to make cuts somewhere.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
No the original intent is as it’s written. I was clarifying for Margloth.

I think quozl and I would benefit from a specific example of odd interactions. Not that we don’t trust you, we just aren’t seeing it.
Well, my example is pretty much this thread. There are like two or three very different interpretations of what the power actually does already? Any of which could have a wonky interaction with some power somewhere that I have to check for, as this is the kind of power that tends to get sneaky broken interactions. So right now the power is just too vague and murky for me to give my 'CRB Approved' stamp to.

I just feel like we could get similar results to the intent(s) of the power with mechanics that spell out what it is y'all are actually trying to do. The power idea is innovative, which I'm all for, but the current mechanic feels wonky for the sake of wonkiness. I think if we divorce ourselves from the idea that the 'tie people up at range' theme has to be expressed with this 'considered to be engaged' mechanic it will lead to a better power in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If two figures are engaged with one another, one figure can move around the other one without leaving engagement and attack from a different spot on the map. So I'm not sure what you are getting at here with Ares.
There isn't an interaction with Ares. Batman responded to Margloth in the same post as the one he responded to me in without a quote or what-not, so I thought he was still talking to me and that he wanted the power to have two 'layers' of engagement or something like that (which would have interacted with Ares). So no issue, just misreading his post on my part.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:42 PM

Overlapping posts is part of the confusion issue. But I understand. Any thoughts on whether changing "engaged" to "adjacent" would do the trick? Or am I trying too hard? Wouldn't be the first time, but y'all know I like to push the envelope when it comes to the mechanics of the game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library