Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I was thinking about the incorporation of Majestic Fires Special Attack

What if:

When attacking with Majestic Fires Special Attack, any or all figures adjacent to ~ are also affected by the attack.
Its a cool power, but we want to avoid synergy with units who don’t exist in the Master Set.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 6th, 2020, 05:19 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Especially one so rare as him.

This serves as a bump. Where are we at here?
Old July 6th, 2020, 06:08 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Reading back - I think we have a vague idea of what we want, but we can't nail down the proper mix of abilities.
Old July 6th, 2020, 07:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Reading back - I think we have a vague idea of what we want, but we can't nail down the proper mix of abilities.
This.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:50 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lots to catch up on here!

If I'm being honest, I'm completely neutral about the size change ability. I think it adds something to the figure but I'm not sure that it adds so much that it justifies the complexity it would introduce to the design.

I think the aforementioned draft from Zetsubo and Pumpkin King is pretty solid, even if you do add the size changing ability.

Quote:
Karina Vade, Emperor’s Chosen
Einar
Icarian / Unique Hero / Warrior / Devoted /Medium 5

5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 5 Attack / 3 Defense

MAJESTIC INFERNO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All figures adjacent to Katryn are affected by Majestic Inferno Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Squad figures roll 1 less defense dice against Majestic Inferno Special Attack.

SACRED GUARDIAN
If Nahiri begins her turn unengaged and adjacent to a friendly unique hero with 1 or more wound markers on its card, Nahiri may make 1 additional attack with her normal attack this turn.
Old July 8th, 2020, 07:59 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarant View Post
Lots to catch up on here!

If I'm being honest, I'm completely neutral about the size change ability. I think it adds something to the figure but I'm not sure that it adds so much that it justifies the complexity it would introduce to the design.

I think the aforementioned draft from Zetsubo and Pumpkin King is pretty solid, even if you do add the size changing ability.

Quote:
Karina Vade, Emperor’s Chosen
Einar
Icarian / Unique Hero / Warrior / Devoted /Medium 5

5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 5 Attack / 3 Defense

MAJESTIC INFERNO SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All figures adjacent to Katryn are affected by Majestic Inferno Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Squad figures roll 1 less defense dice against Majestic Inferno Special Attack.

SACRED GUARDIAN
If Nahiri begins her turn unengaged and adjacent to a friendly unique hero with 1 or more wound markers on its card, Nahiri may make 1 additional attack with her normal attack this turn.
Looks like we're getting there, but Sacred Guardian is a bit complicated.
How about:
Before taking a turn, Nahiri adds 1 to her Attack for each wound marker on adjacent friendly heroes to a maximum of 3 additional Attack.
or:
When attacking, Nahiri rolls one additional attack die for each wound marker on adjacent friendly heroes to a maximum of 3 additional attack dice.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:15 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do think we're almost there! I agree that Sacred Guardian could be simplified down a little, but I do think that its a promising direction for a third power. How would people feel about this as a rough draft?

Quote:
Katryn Vade, Emperor’s Chosen
Einar
Icarian / Unique Hero / Champion / Devoted /Medium 5

5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 5 (or 6?) Attack / 3 Defense

DRAGONHEART BLADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Squad figures roll 1 less defense die against Dragonheart Blade Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Katryn Vade cannot be affected by her own Dragonheart Blade Special Attack.

SACRED GUARDIAN (or OATHSWORN GUARDIAN?)
If Katryn ends her turn adjacent to a friendly unique hero, Katryn may attack 1 additional time with her normal or special attack.

ASPECT OF THE DRAGON (or DRAGON'S BLESSING)
Whenever Katryn is chosen for a special power, you may treat her size and height as Huge 5 instead of what is on this card.
As I've mentioned before, the only thing that causes me to hesitate from supporting a conditional buff to Attack or Defense is the figure in context of the rest of the set. Right now, 4 out of 12 units have Attack or Defense stats that can fluctuate (Rhox, Sorin, Ukushisa, Tetsuo, and a fifth if you count Velkhor's Spirit). While I wouldn't necessarily oppose a power like this, I do think we need to be careful when nearly half of the units we're designing incorporate Attack or Defense buffs into the design. Personally I'd prefer to see a power that allows her to conditionally take another turn or make another attack.
Old July 12th, 2020, 01:09 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'd much rather a conditional double attack than a buff to her already offensive stats. Oathsworn Guardian is a great name for the ability. Should she be able to use her SA twice in a turn, or should we limit the SA to only once even with a second attack?
Old July 12th, 2020, 10:29 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I'd much rather a conditional double attack than a buff to her already offensive stats. Oathsworn Guardian is a great name for the ability. Should she be able to use her SA twice in a turn, or should we limit the SA to only once even with a second attack?
Since there's not a strong thematic reason for why she wouldn't be able to use her special attack, personally I think its a little more thematic for her to be able to use either. However, that's just a slight preference and I'd be fine either way.

A couple other thoughts I've had for the figure, allowing SACRED/OATHSWORN GUARDIAN to trigger as long as Katryn was within X clear sight spaces of a friendly hero rather than adjacent could give her a little more flexibility, especially as a melee figure. I wouldn't necessarily advocate for this change right now, more just something to keep in mind for the future.

Another possibility I had for ASPECT OF THE DRAGON would be to change it to the following:

Quote:
ASPECT OF THE DRAGON
Whenever Katryn or a friendly adjacent figure is chosen for a special power, you may treat that figure's size as Huge instead of what is on their army card.
That could make the ability a little more relevant, and also reinforces her theme and playstyle as an aggressive protector. As with the previous suggestion, I'm undecided as to whether it would improve the design, but just wanted to throw it out as an option as we're dialing in her powerset.
Old July 23rd, 2020, 08:05 PM

We'd have to see how changing the size of other figures works out, buit it seems fine on the surface.

Conditional double attack seems good - what's the simplest trigger we can give it that hits theme?
Old July 24th, 2020, 06:21 AM
I could go

I’d rather [Aspect] only affect her, let her keep that one trick.

What if she only gets double attack if she has X wounds? It would imply that she soaks up hits for others and bites back.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 25th, 2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
We'd have to see how changing the size of other figures works out, buit it seems fine on the surface.

Conditional double attack seems good - what's the simplest trigger we can give it that hits theme?
I don't feel that strongly that it would be better for Aspect of the Dragon to affect adjacent allies. If Flameslayer isn't a fan of it, let's just leave it as only affecting her.

I think there's several relatively simple triggers for a conditional double attack that could work well. Just throwing out several to get us started:

A draft of Flameslayer's idea:

Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn, if there are three or more wound markers on this card, you may attack one additional time with Katryn's normal or special attack.
Another simple option:

Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn, if Katryn is within 4 clear sight spaces of a friendly unique hero [?with at least one wound marker on its card?], you may attack one additional time with Katryn's normal or special attack.
Or

Quote:
OATHSWORN GUARDIAN
After attacking with Katryn, if Katryn is adjacent to [Or perhaps "began her turn adjacent to"?] a friendly unique hero, you may attack one additional time with Katryn's normal or special attack.
Also, while I like the name Oathsworn Guardian I'd still be interested in discussing other options if people have other ideas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs