Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Tourny in Louisville - September 19th, 2010

I got permission from Brandon to let people know about the tournament he is running next month. Here are the details.

DATE: Sunday, September 19th
TIME: Set up/Registration @ 1PM (Eastern) - start @ 1:30PM
DURATION: 5 round Swiss (45 min rounds)
RULES: 500 points - No customs or Marvel
COST: $5 entry fee - all entry fees go to prize support (Please bring a prize as well if you can too!)
1191 Hillview Blvd Suite 4&5
Louisville, KY 40229
502-957-3188

For Map info or confirmation that you will be going, contact Brandon@ bgoben999@yahoo.com

Please contact Brandon if you are planning to come (you can post that as well here) since he is the one running the tournament.

MAPS
Clusterphobe by Nadi
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2552

Separation Anexiety by Dignan (Heavy Snow & Normal Ice)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1876

Way of the Scarab v2.0 by Darkmage7a
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2473

Trail Blazer by Dignan
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2594

Flooded Temple II by 1Mmrig
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1512

Viper Valley by nyys
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1629

That is 6 maps which covers 12 players, but it looks like we may have more attending. I have some more maps picked out, but I do not have all the requirement for them after building these 6. If one of you guys would volunteer to bring one of these maps that would be awesome!

Frostbite by madwookie (1BtfU, 1FotA, 1TT)(Heavy Snow & Normal Ice)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2010

Tree Line by Dignan (1 RotV, 3RttFF)
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2681

Confirmed attendees (Probably more, I only know who's coming from this side).
Bloodthorn +4
Jschild + 1
Megasilver
Brownsfan82
El Diablo +4

Possible attendees
wdgrant
Dragonmaster384 +1 or 2

WINNERS

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; September 21st, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Tourny in Louisville - September 19th, 2010

Count me in as coming!

I'll email him once I get home.

Thanks, jschild!

MegaSilver
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:14 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Count me in as coming!

I'll email him once I get home.

Thanks, jschild!

MegaSilver
I've sent him the e-mail, jschild.

I think this thread needs more attention, also.

MegaSilver
Old August 27th, 2010, 05:37 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Hey guys. I got at least 3 maybe 4 coming with me. I will definitely get a few maps picked out this weekend and will let you guys know. The general lack of attention was the main reason I didn't post this in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love this community, but when your voice is constantly lost in the crowd, to tend not to speak up anymore. That and I am not a hard core tourny player, I just like to play, therefore I host a game and put it in a tourny setup, but most of the people who have come to my past events are very casual players. Im not saying that hardcore players aren't welcome to come, just that I run loose casual games with casual players.
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthorn View Post
Hey guys. I got at least 3 maybe 4 coming with me. I will definitely get a few maps picked out this weekend and will let you guys know. The general lack of attention was the main reason I didn't post this in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I love this community, but when your voice is constantly lost in the crowd, to tend not to speak up anymore. That and I am not a hard core tourny player, I just like to play, therefore I host a game and put it in a tourny setup, but most of the people who have come to my past events are very casual players. Im not saying that hardcore players aren't welcome to come, just that I run loose casual games with casual players.
Ahh, so you are on this site. Hello there.

I'm going to ask others on this site if they want to come, you know send out PMs.

Can't wait for the tourney! Thanks for putting it together.

MegaSilver
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I sent the email. I will be there.

Old August 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

I am a firm maybe. I'll try to firm it up one way or another and post back.
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I have a busy couple days right after this, but should be able to make it since it's so close!

(Btw, Mega, how was your tourney??)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I have a busy couple days right after this, but should be able to make it since it's so close!

I liked the tourney. There weren't many people there but there was quality of people. 7 people showed up and we played 5 games each and a bye. Gulp (4-1) won and I got second place (4-1). We got a chance to play fun armies since we could pick between two. Gulp played Kelda, 2 Fens and 2 m hounds. Thanks to Megasilver and his mom for bringing refreshments. Its nice not having to have an eating break.

Old August 28th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

2nd that...I've been to 2 of Megasilver's tourny's - great fun both times...i recommend them highly...

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

I liked the tourney. There weren't many people there but there was quality of people. 7 people showed up and we played 5 games each and a bye. Gulp (4-1) won and I got second place (4-1). We got a chance to play fun armies since we could pick between two. Gulp played Kelda, 2 Fens and 2 m hounds. Thanks to Megasilver and his mom for bringing refreshments. Its nice not having to have an eating break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
2nd that...I've been to 2 of Megasilver's tourny's - great fun both times...i recommend them highly...

Aww shucks guys, thanks...

Yes, I had a great time as well, especially since a lot more people came this time around. I came in 4th (2-3), using a G'nator/Warforged army and Ornak/Grimnak/Blade Grut army.

And FYI, I plan to have another tourney in November!

So, let's turn back to this thread now. Do any of you have any ideas what you plan to bring?

MegaSilver
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Sorry I had to miss that one, glad you guys had fun!

I really want to play the Warforged since I haven't gotten my hands on D2 yet...so probably them if I can.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events