Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 14th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
KCU Master's Campaigns and Scenarios

Ok, this is my first Campaign so bear with me. There will be maps coming as soon as I can get the VS and PDF files for them.

Treasure of the Dragons Campaign

Yup, you guessed it, lots of dragons here. This is a six map campaign for 2 players in which a group of heroes has been ordered to retrieve an artifact from the snow topped mountain. The dragon guarding this artifact is none other than Nilfheim, the ferocious dragon King. That is all that our heroes know. Speed is everything, so the heroes will be cutting straight across the terrain, regardless of what’s in their way.

Set up

These maps can be built all at once or one at a time but the maps shown here require 1 Thaelank Tundra, 2 Ticalla Jungle, 2 Road to the Forgotten Forest, 1 Volcaren Wasteland and at least 1 of each master set (you only require more if you want build more than one map at a time).

The player on the dragon side of the campaign has it easy: 1 dragon per map. The order of the dragons used is also selected by the maps.

The hero player picks 700 points in unique heroes ONLY. They can be any size and from any General but may not contain any dragons.

Game Play

On each map, the dragon has a predetermined starting zone and the heroes can be placed anywhere in their given start zone. Game play will be normal during each map. If a hero is killed at any point, it is removed from the campaign (there is one opportunity to bring back a hero later and heal wounded ones.).

Dragons will never receive any negative consequences for terrain, nor can they be Mindshakled or Negated.

The Heroes win by completing the campaign. The dragons win if at any point they kill all the heroes.

Now, on to the maps:

Stage 1: The Clear Cut Path (Braxas)

Download

The heroes may not leave the road until Braxas attacks (including disengagement swipes) or moves onto the road. This stage is over when Braxas is killed.

Stage 2: The Shortcut (Su-Bak-Na, 1x Nagrubs)

Download

The Hive has no effect on game play, it is merely a line of sight blocker but can be destroyed. This stage is over when Su-Bak-Na is killed.

Stage 3: The Deep Jungle (Charos)
Note: Charos' counterstrike will work against ALL adjacent attacks (even special attacks).

Download

This stage is over when Charos is destroyed.

Stage 4: The Assent (Mimring)

In order to enter the optional level, The Pits, the glyph of Brandar must be uncovered by one hero. If the stage ends before uncovering the glyph, move right to stage 6.

Download

This stage is over when Mimring is destroyed.

(Optional) Stage 5: The Pits (Zelrig)

Unbearable Heat: When attacking from a Lava Space (molten or lava field) with Majestic Fires Special Attack, add 1 to the attack power of this special.

The Glyph in the back of the pit is a healing power glyph. See the notes between stages for more details. If this glyph is recovered, place it on that hero’s card. If the hero carrying the glyph is destroyed, place it on the hex (front-most if 2 hexes) the figure was occupying when it was destroyed.

Download

This stage ends when all figures have exited the map by walking off the edge of the map OR when Zelrig is destroyed, whichever comes first. If no hero has the glyph when the stage ends, go directly to stage 6.

Between Stages:
If you recovered the healing glyph roll the D20 for every hero in your army (dead or alive). If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens. If you roll a 6-13, you may remove up to 1 wound marker from that hero. If you roll a 14-19 you may remove up to 2 wounds from that hero. If you roll a 20 completely heal that hero, if he was dead, place him back on the board at half life.

Stage 6: The Summit (Nilfheim)

Heavy Winds: The winds on the summit are to strong for anyone but Nilfheim to fly. All other flying abilities are disabled.

Summit of Snow and Ice: Play all ice as slippery ice and light snow.

Dragon Slayer: The Glyph of Brandar is a the artifact that the heros are after. If you recover the Dragon Slayer, place the glyph on the card of the hero who retrieved the Dragon Slayer. As long as that glyph remains on the hero’s card, add 3 attack dice and 2 defense dice to that hero. If the hero carrying the glyph is destroyed, place the glyph on the hex (front most hex for 2 base figures) that the figure was occupying. If the hero who is carrying the glyph makes it off the edge of the start zone the campaign is over and the Heroes win.

Download

This stage is over when Nilfheim is destroyed, or the hero carrying the Dragon Slayer exits the map.

Background story coming soon.
Feedback welcome.

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; November 19th, 2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added the rest of the maps
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: KCU Master's Campaigns and Scenarios

Ummmm...... Cool idea! If the dragons don't get any troops, than it strikes me that the campaign would be too easy. I mean, the two most expensive dragons are 210 points, but they are up against 700 points of Unique Heros! That just doesn't seem that fair......

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Did I forget to put the disclaimer in there...?

This can change, in fact it probably will, but I wanted to get it up so others could give feedback.

And maybe it will be "to easy" but if you look, those 700 points worth of heros are going up against 1130 points of dragons (Su-Bak-Na gets a set of nagrubs) AND the dragons will have terrain advantage (Nilfheim, Zelrig, and Mimring in particular have terrain advantages. Those three will start on height and Zelrig is immune to lava for this campaign). The biggest hero that I'm afraid for against the dragons is Jotun.

Like I said, this is in early stages. The first couple maps should be coming up soon.
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:35 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

I really like the concept you have going on. It could probably use a couple of play-throughs to get the points adjusted, but what scenario doesn't. It's a great idea, and I can't wait to see the maps.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM

I'm hoping to get the first one or two maps up tonight. If not sometime over the weekend.
Old November 15th, 2008, 02:16 AM

Update: The first 2 maps are up. The next 1-2 will be up in a few days.
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Last update:
Changed some rules, removed the healing between stages for the heroes.

The last maps are all done and will be updated later tonight.

I played through it already and found some flaws.

Feedback welcome.
Old November 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like a fun game to play.

Old November 19th, 2008, 01:34 AM

Thanks karl.

The rest of the maps are done. The background story will be coming soon.
Old November 19th, 2008, 01:51 AM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

I love this...especially the option to potentially heal the heros by intentionally subjecting them to an additional round against the dragons in stage 5. My only question is in regard to the destructible hive in stage 2...does it benefit from auras or other effects from the defending team?

You might note that the images for stages 2 and 3 in your post are the same (the downloads are different though).
Old November 19th, 2008, 02:40 AM

You must have posted right as was fixing that. I noticed that just a second after I finished the edit and went back to fix it.

Regarding the hive, no. Treat it as you would any other destructible object such as the castle door. The times we've done that stage though, the battle wasn't focused around the hive. Might be different for you though.

With only the one chance to heal the entire campaign, the 700 points in heros seems pretty good. I'm gonna try and play through again this weekend and see if anything needs changed.
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Wow. Quite amazing stuff. Good job, KCU Master. I would make this in a heart beat If I had enough terrain sets. WAIT! Could I use my wall walks to substitute for the 2nd Road? That solves one problem. Of course, I still need one more Ticala.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios