Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM

UberMan has disabled reputation
Whats a Canadian to do?

I cannot believe how hard it was for me to find a copy of Master Set 1 in this "country that Hasbro forgot". Finally got one for $55.00 today. All other copies I could locate (darned few) were $69.00.

Likewise, aside from Master Set 2 it is next to impossible to find expansions here. The only places that seem to carry them are Walmart (maybe 2 expansions) and ToysRUs (maybe 2 more expansions).

And dont get me started on Amazon! We have Amazon.ca up here, which carries next to nothing besides books, but has forced Amazon.com to stop shipping to Canada. Somebody pass me that box of grenades!

Good lord, I hope WotC is going to send us some love up here!

P.S. Anyone have any good tips for shopping Heroscape in the Great White North (Toronto area)?

UberMan

Old March 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Here's some advice. Go to America to shop for HS.
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squitter The Spider
That was a bit rude! I would suggest online stores after WotC takes over. Your not going to find much right now but in the future you should be able to.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squitter The Spider
Do your homework, Canada is part of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Guido! Your back!

Yes, if I had anything to do with it, we would be the second California (ie: a large State).

I can drive to Buffalo I suppose, but it's a real pain, and I have to deal with all the border garbage.
So what are the good B&M stores to look at in Buffalo? Walmart, Target, what else? Should I bother with dept stores at Walden Galleria?

UberMan

Old March 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Next time I just wont give advice then.
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMan
Guido! Your back!
My kiosk senses tingled.

As for your issue finding Heroscape at a reasonable price, I recommend getting in touch with some of our other Canadian members. I know we have at least a few. Brows the meet other scapers section and dig them up.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/viewforum.php?f=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:19 PM

HyperLight has disabled reputation
Hey Uberman....Welcome and get ready to be angry when I tell you that you'll have to resort to Online buying to get what you really want when it comes to HS. I've found it next to mpossible to find anything on store shelves, and you were lucky to find Rotv which is becoming a very hard find. Forget about waves 1-5 unless you stumble across some sort of awesome jewel in the rough.

I used to live in Mississauga...right off Hurontario St. I haven't been there in years, but I remember a store in SquareOne that sold Warhammer 40k etc...and always wondered if they carried HS. Let me know if you've already checked them out.

Get that credit card ready !!

Hyper~

Better to reign in Hell, Than serve in Heaven - Paradise lost (1667)

Old March 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Thanks Guido - I posted in a Toronto thread. A very sad thread with 60% posts from 2006. Awful lonely out here.

Whats that? I cant hear you - everything is fading into the distance ... hello? hello?

Old March 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Been there Hyper. No way will a Games Workshop store ever sell Heroscape - its in direct competition with their product.

Actually Heroscape is like "Warhammer Light". Its like Axis & Allies was to Avalon Hill's Third Reich.

There is also a hobby/gaming shop at Square One - no dice there either.

I got mine on Yonge St. near Dundas Square at a shop called 401 games. Not much Heroscape product there, but they did have RotV for $55.00

UberMan

Old March 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM

HyperLight has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMan
Been there Hyper. No way will a Games Workshop store ever sell Heroscape - its in direct competition with their product.

Actually Heroscape is like "Warhammer Light". Its like Axis & Allies was to Avalon Hill's Third Reich.

There is also a hobby/gaming shop at Square One - no dice there either.

I got mine on Yonge St. near Dundas Square at a shop called 401 games. Not much Heroscape product there, but they did have RotV for $55.00

UberMan
It's a sad sad world isn't it......

Better to reign in Hell, Than serve in Heaven - Paradise lost (1667)

Old March 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM

weatherr Woo who?
As a Canadian, I can safely and confidently say. Under normal circumstances, Shop American

In shopping for anything other than master sets at Christmas, the US price is $3-$10 lower than I can find in Canada.

That goes for expansions or master sets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion