Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: In head to head matches with other Scapers, how good are you...really, no lies...
There are entire semesters at West Point and Anapolis spent studying my military strategies. I've never lost and never will. 3 2.80%
I'm pretty darn good. I rarely lose to anyone, no matter what army I play. 13 12.15%
I'm good. I can win most of my matches, especially with my favorite army. 35 32.71%
It's all in the dice. I win about 50% of the time no matter what. 40 37.38%
No so good buddy. I can hold my own for awhile, but I lose a lot of the matches I play. 15 14.02%
I'm pretty bad. I've only won rarely and I just can't seem to improve my game. 1 0.93%
Me stooopid...mee loose evertime 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How good of a player are you? Really...don't lie.

This is a nice way to have a private confession...share only if you want.

I myself believe it's all about the dice.

Old July 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I chose the third option down.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Well I dont know which one to pick. Ive only lost once, and that was because I had Charos powered up with raelin so he had 7 defense dice.... and then he rolled 0 shields... 8 times in a row....

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT

Aranas has disabled reputation
I would say I fall between two of your categories (second and third). My category would be:
I'm good. I can win most of my matches, no matter what army I play.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI

Logan_Xavier has disabled reputation
All in the dice.

I've had the best laid plans brought down by poor dice. Quite a few games I should have owned, but I just couldn't roll any skulls.

If you can't hit you can't win!

Bulls: 49-33
Time to crush the Heat and advance to the second round!!
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
There should probably be a bell curve to this poll, but so far not.
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Robert Burns wrote it best...."The best-laid plans of Mice and Men gang aft aglee."

I'm pretty good with tactics but the dice betray me more often than not.

But I still love the game and playing games in general. Must be a glutton for punishment.

Newb.
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
50% of the attraction to this game is the fact that my son loves it.

49.9% of the attraction is the awesome game sessions we have monthly here in the DFW area.

0.01% of the attraction is the feeling I get after a win. But perhaps that's because I suck and I only win when the dice betray someone else. :P

Seriously though....winning is not important to me at all. And I go into most matches playing stuff I just want to try out. The tourney we had in February was different, but I still didn't mind losing two out of four games. At some point when I'm more familiar with every unit - I can imagine myself getting a lot better, but at the rate stuff comes out I can't keep up with actually playing every unit regularly. Some of the guys in my local group are absolutely genius when it comes to just about any game. Playing with them is certainly humbling to me at times. And no matter how much experience I get I know that I will never be able to truly compete with a few of them (I won't embarrass anyone by naming names, but you probably have an idea about whom I am referring). That being said...I've beaten enough of them to know that sometimes it's all dice rolls or lack thereof.

Old July 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd love to say that i'm a great scaper player but when i play with my brother and dad in a three-way battle i tend to go out first or second from last and my brother almost always wins. When he takes a turn he puts all of his marks on one card most of the time and kicks my butt! Plus he rubs it in my face! (Not his butt!)
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It is starting to Bell.
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:38 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
...But then again, when i play with my dad and brother we pick a certain amount of players each randomly, usually 1xEinar, 2xVydar, 2xUllar, 3XJandar and 3xUtgar. We don't care much for the points when we play because I'd be there all day with them two! so usually i get the non-decent players!
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:44 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, I bet it will be a bell shifted a bit high, though. Generally about 90% of the people think they are better than 90% of the people. Too bad we can't all get together to really battle it out!

Markwars, I mostly agree with you about not caring about winning. I do get tired of letting other people win though, since that's what I often feel like I have to do to get people to keep playing with me. If I knew that I didn't have to worry about friends getting "All Heroscaped out" (actual quote by friend) because they can't work out a strategy on their own, I would have more fun whether I win or lose.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion