Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Batman (Bruce Wayne) (III) - Initial PT

Not against a d20 reroll instead of a bonus at all, but the power as written does not fully address the issues I had with the design after testing. You still have him required to draft 4 allies from a list of 10 good options, only 4 of which are thematic in nature with just 1 reaching the level of iconic. We need to lower his drafting requirement while increasing his good options list. Then the design is ready to move forward. A d20 reroll increases his good options and overall marker usefulness but the drafting requirement is still a hindrance to the overall fun and replayablility of the design.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I still place my vote to get Champions on there. Either in place of Interloper or Archer. If we do it in place of Archer, we can always make a Champion Green Arrow to fulfill his inclusion in all this.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seeing the current discussion in the JL thread about a new Champion Aquaman reinforces the idea that we need to add Champion to Batman's list of classes (as well as on Cyborg II) so that Champion can be the glue that sticks all the JL designs together. Adding in Champion would let Batman III give himself a marker as well as let him team up with MMII or Superman III to get another marker. Then his ally requirement would drop to 3 with several iconic allies to choose from even if they don't have a d20 power. The change to let Batman burn a marker to reduce an opponents d20 roll and a flat bonus would make the markers universally useful. Since we are capped at 4 classes per card though, one of the other 4 needs to go and I would be most interested in dropping Interloper since this was first and foremost suppose to be a JL design.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:28 PM
C3G Landlord

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League marker on this card for each Unique Hero you control with the class of Archer, Champion, Magician, or Scientist, to a maximum of 3. Once per turn, after a Unique Hero within clear sight of Batman rolls the 20-sided die, you may remove 1 Justice League marker from this card to add 2 to that roll if the figure is one that you control, or remove 1 from that roll if the figure is one that you do not control.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:41 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Curious, why the max of 3?
Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Not against a d20 reroll instead of a bonus at all, but the power as written does not fully address the issues I had with the design after testing. You still have him required to draft 4 allies from a list of 10 good options, only 4 of which are thematic in nature with just 1 reaching the level of iconic. We need to lower his drafting requirement while increasing his good options list. Then the design is ready to move forward. A d20 reroll increases his good options and overall marker usefulness but the drafting requirement is still a hindrance to the overall fun and replayablility of the design.
I disagree slightly. You say you only have 10 good options but not all those options need a D20 power so the list is greater since you can use it to adjust the D20 powers of opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I still place my vote to get Champions on there. Either in place of Interloper or Archer. If we do it in place of Archer, we can always make a Champion Green Arrow to fulfill his inclusion in all this.
I don't want to start a trend to redo all the Justice League guys as Champions. The point of this was to redo a few team leaders that could work with as many existing cards as possible.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Curious, why the max of 3?
Agreed. I'm really liking those changes, Yodaking, but I think the max should be the same as the number of classes for consistency. So I'd prefer the max at 4, but then fully support the rest of that direction.

And Champion can be widely used for a lot of units we haven't previously done. Not to mention, going with the static +2 really opens up the design to use with figures like Aquaman I.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:42 PM
C3G Landlord

I can live with 4 if Champion is added.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 23rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League marker on this card for each Unique Hero you control with the class of Archer, Champion, Magician, or Scientist, to a maximum of 3. Once per turn, after a Unique Hero within clear sight of Batman rolls the 20-sided die, you may remove 1 Justice League marker from this card to add 2 to that roll if the figure is one that you control, or remove 1 from that roll if the figure is one that you do not control.
If the intent is to encourage thematic armies, that's not really going to do it. With Champion overlapping on all three JLA hubs, that class will be the obvious draft choice in armies that have two or more of the hubs. The only Champion with a D20 roll is Thor, who is already a great choice with Martian Manhunter, allowing Batman to boost God of Thunder Strike as well will only make him a top choice for JLA armies.

And Champions don't get you any cheap options, either, so it's still encouraging you to take some cheap figures with Batman and boosting the more powerful D20 rollers. Mind controllers, auto-destroyers, War Machine, etc.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:12 AM

I believe the advantage of this version, is that Champions is something easily expandable with future units, with a couple already planned or in the pipeline such as Aztek and Captain Atom, as well as any new versions of old cards such as an Aquaman III etc. This is because they all could be defined as a Champion due to their tie with the Justice League. Of course, Champions make up the most dominant class when it comes to how many Champions there already are compared to other classes, with 9 thematic options.

Even beyond Justice League thematic options, Champions are almost all fitting choices for who would actually be included in a Justice League "what if" scenario, such as Mar-Vell, Thor, Invincible, Quasar etc. The only exceptions being the Super Skrulls.

Overall, the best advantage Champions brings to the table is that now you're even more incentivized to pick up as many of the hubs as possible. If we're thinking bigger games, grabbing Martian Manhunter II, Superman III, and Batman III in the same army is your best bang for your buck so to speak, as they all benefit each other. However, they aren't cheap, and it'll take you ~1,100 just for them. The rest of the Champions aren't the cheapest choice, as you have stated, so they won't always be the best way to go, nor will they be the most viable due to how high of cost they generally are. Getting Thor vs. Hawkman and Hawkgirl, 1 giving you 1 marker for Martian Manhunter and Batman, the other option giving you 2 markers for Martian Manhunter, will be the type of choice you have when building your army. I wouldn't say 1 is head and shoulders above the other options.

At the end of the day though, I think we've all realized there's only so much you can do to encourage play together thematically. Since we've opened the door to some degree of open synergy, we're essentially doing our best to meet the players halfway. The designs IMO do a decent job at encouraging and rewarding the player for drafting thematically over not, but the other half will come with the player actively choosing to do so.

That's how I view all of this anyways, I can't speak for anyone else.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Overall, the best advantage Champions brings to the table is that now you're even more incentivized to pick up as many of the hubs as possible.

That's how I view all of this anyways, I can't speak for anyone else.
Because you asked...

See this is my biggest reason for not liking it. From the beginning I've been pretty vocal that I am hoping for flexibility in JL team building so that as many of the current cards can still be used. I don't wan't to have to Use SM3, BM3, MM2 in every JL build to be successful. Sometimes I may want SM2 and BM2 with the MM. Maybe I don't like SM3 and don't want to use him. Maybe I love MM1 and want him in my build.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library