Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old September 10th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duljen View Post
White knight or anyone else,

I had the obsidian guards for heroscape but I never was able to get the granite guardians. I have printed out the one granite guardian and it looked amazing, but I would really like to be able to print and paint up a whole squad of the granite guardians. Can you guys try to get the other two models scanned as soon as you can?

Thank you,

Duljen
I was going over some old posts in the Hexscape threads today and found a bunch of scans of additional squad figures posted by Dissonance from his Heroscape Tabletop Simulator. It will take a little work to clean up the higher resolution scans, but I'll be able to get you the rest of the Granite Guardians.
Old September 10th, 2018, 11:51 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
BTW I think my x belt was too loose. I tightened it a bit and it’s already so much better. I’ll share my results if they’re not worthless.
Please share!
Tried twice today. Filament snapped during the first one and clogged the tube, that was a pain to fix. Tweaked the settings and finally got a decent print, although the ankles still snapped. I’m getting glue and just dealing with it. So this is Eldgrim and Wolverine (but I snapped his claws cleaning supports).

Old September 11th, 2018, 12:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@White Knight , My bro cleaned up the Zelrig model and finished it up. He said that he re sculpted the wings a bit but said it is looking pretty good. I'll have to get him to try and log in to his old scapers login and post it in here. Unfortunately Ive been swamped so I haven't been able to finish the couple of little tweaks on that zombie hulk to finish him up.
@shaolin , Sometimes I'll print my models at a 45 degree angle or on there back if they have little bits sticking up such as the claws on the wolverine. That way those parts print support free.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:40 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Tried twice today. Filament snapped during the first one and clogged the tube, that was a pain to fix. Tweaked the settings and finally got a decent print, although the ankles still snapped. I’m getting glue and just dealing with it. So this is Eldgrim and Wolverine (but I snapped his claws cleaning supports).
If the filament is snapping, it sounds like it's absorbed some water and is brittle. What filament are you using? Has it been sitting out for a while?

You can back in the oven at about 160F for about 6 hours to dry it out. That should prevent it from snapping and also make better prints.

Since ankles are small, a lot of times I'll come back and use my solder tip to fuse (smear) the layers a little better. Basically, I run the tips up and down the leg/ankle just a little to smooth out the legs and increase their strength.

You can also go a little higher on the nozzle temperature to try to improve the adhesion even more.
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:45 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

@TREX thanks for the tip, I didn’t realize you could rotate for the print, just assumed it was vertical. I’ll keep that in mind.

@White Knight I had my heat up a little more than usual, but it was stringing so I had it retracting. I think the retraction was too much and the back and forth cut the filament. So I put the heat back to 200 and turned retraction off. It finished, but here’s the result. I saw a setting where the printer stops extruding before it travels and uses the oozing overextrusion that would normally be the string. I want to try turning that on, turn the temp back up to 205 or 210, and see if that helps with the stringing. Retraction broke the filament and turning down the extrusion left tiny gaps, so that setting is my next attempt. We’ll see. Thanks for the tips!
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:42 AM

One more question. For characters without a base, does anyone know the dimensions of the HS bases? 35mm x 3mm or so?
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
One more question. For characters without a base, does anyone know the dimensions of the HS bases? 35mm x 3mm or so?
Diameter 1.28" (32.5mm)
Height .15" (3.8mm)
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Diameter 1.28" (32.5mm)
Height .15" (3.8mm)
Perfect! Thank you sir
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:31 AM

Duljen Woo who?

Thank you in advance for the granite guardians White Knight! Does anyone have a heroscape double base model? I've simply been printing the marro cavalry dude and stopping the print when the base is done. I need the double bases for customs.

Mercy is something the weak beg for and the strong lack.
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:39 AM

Sorry, I have another question. What do you guys put for height? The snap scale is nice where I just set the z axis and it scales the rest in proportion. I’ve been doing 28mm for medium characters. What would you do for a large? And bigger sizes. Increase by 5mm for each size increase or something like that?
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Sorry, I have another question. What do you guys put for height? The snap scale is nice where I just set the z axis and it scales the rest in proportion. I’ve been doing 28mm for medium characters. What would you do for a large? And bigger sizes. Increase by 5mm for each size increase or something like that?
All the finished files are set where you can scale them by 25.4 in inches or in mm which is how my slicer is in which I multiply them by 2540% . It makes them the exact size. Theres no guessing.
For the other comment about bases. They are in this thread or in one of the other 3d printing threads on here. White knight uses the solid ones for model files but there are some cooler more hollow ones that print upside down well also.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duljen View Post
White knight or anyone else,

I had the obsidian guards for heroscape but I never was able to get the granite guardians. I have printed out the one granite guardian and it looked amazing, but I would really like to be able to print and paint up a whole squad of the granite guardians. Can you guys try to get the other two models scanned as soon as you can?

Thank you,
Duljen

Granite Guardian 2
Granite Guardian 3

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing