Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Notices

Old November 20th, 2022, 09:50 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AoA Proxy Model Thread

Kilian Vane:
https://www.reapermini.com/miniature...e/latest/03176
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:03 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

I think this could work as Maladrix

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...e-queen-143682

I guess it's on a 100 mm base, so hopefully it could be scaled down a bit to fit on a peanut.

This one looks actually a lot more manageable and looks fairly similar.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...t-queen-113871
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:22 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Nice finds, the fact the first one looks vaguely Tyranid, and the other a giant Hydralisk is pretty on point for the Nemesis Warbrood. Ill add them to the index.
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:35 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Thanks for the find. Can't believe I missed that when going through the site looking for Dawnraiders. Added!
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:52 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

For the Hellforge we could resize a scifi mining equipment to 15mm/1:100 and then it "could" fit on a hex:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...t-drill-239977

Or kitbash something from a kit like this:
https://us.warlordgames.com/products...dbc-frag-borer
Old November 20th, 2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbilly1 View Post
For the Hellforge we could resize a scifi mining equipment to 15mm/1:100 and then it "could" fit on a hex:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...t-drill-239977

Or kitbash something from a kit like this:
https://us.warlordgames.com/products...dbc-frag-borer
See Ive been looking at drill models like this too and like you said its the scale thats been throwing me. I really wish Hasbro made the Hellforge double based so we could just avoid this issue. I'll add the drill to the index but might hold off potential kit bashes unless I get really desperate lol. Thanks for the find!
Old November 20th, 2022, 11:14 PM

Not going to add them to a separate post since they've been added to the index but I rounded out the rest of the Dryans so at least every figures got at least one proxy now (except for Harrigan but I think the finds for the Glidestrikers should suffice).

With hindsight I really wish I had a whole list ready to go so I had a link for each figure before making this thread instead of doling out proxies as I found them and kept people waiting and making more of an effort to find more cost effective options and stl. files ( I don't personally own a 3d printer and after being on etsy for a while your eyes kinda glaze over). Also sorry for not including pictures in the index, the OP was getting long with all the links as is and even though Ive lurked this site for ages this is my first thread so apologies for any amateur mistakes. I only made this account when I went to Scapecon to sign up for events.

Thanks for everyone who visited the thread and added to the index already; your finds have been awesome!. I'll stop clogging up the thread with my own posts but will routinely check it to add new suggestions as they come in (apologies if I missed anyone!)

Last edited by TheIsamu; November 21st, 2022 at 12:51 AM.
Old November 21st, 2022, 12:34 AM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Killian Vane

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1348263213/

Yes it’s the Hunter from Bloodborne, but if you can see past that he’s pretty close.
Old November 21st, 2022, 05:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Sorry. This is kind of ridiculous. You guys saying that some of us 3d modeling types can't make a file or sell a print of something that slightly resembles these( or at least post a link here) but 99% of these links are to etsy and myminifactory which are all 3d prints, or files of 3d prints. Do you guys really think a 3rd party sculpted model is going to make the difference. 1. You are using the same character names. 2. You are using images of the same models that were used in the campaign. 3. You are using the cards abilities and stats as close to the originals as you can. Then saying, no, you can't make a character from scratch in 3d software that resembles the characters, even if you do the work yourself.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 21st, 2022, 08:08 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Knight Primus Adelbern
https://www.myminifactory.com/object...bear-01-158009
Old November 21st, 2022, 08:26 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Sorry. This is kind of ridiculous. You guys saying that some of us 3d modeling types can't make a file or sell a print of something that slightly resembles these( or at least post a link here) but 99% of these links are to etsy and myminifactory which are all 3d prints, or files of 3d prints. Do you guys really think a 3rd party sculpted model is going to make the difference. 1. You are using the same character names. 2. You are using images of the same models that were used in the campaign. 3. You are using the cards abilities and stats as close to the originals as you can. Then saying, no, you can't make a character from scratch in 3d software that resembles the characters, even if you do the work yourself.
I think what you should take away from the posts you're referring to is that none of the people speaking up on this topic are copyright lawyers.

It seems a murky situation at best. One comment earlier on was that this fan base is too small potatoes to care. I agree with that sentiment. In their mind it wasn't big enough to produce new products for. It's tough to see them then turning around and trying to squash custom creators for a market they couldn't profit from. Well... maybe if the situation with Magic cards gets really dire then they'll get desperate and start looking for change in the sofa cushions.
Old November 21st, 2022, 08:26 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Personally, I agree with you but we have to follow the rules too. There is a general rule that art has to be 30% different in order to not infringe on the original but that is not exact. The actual law says it has to be "substantially different" or a "substantial part" has to be different. If you can do that with your sculpt, then it should be a fine proxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units