Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: New Sculpts, A rough plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog the Viking View Post
Going back to the Wargames Factory idea, I found this...

YOU MAY NOT suggest models of things you saw in a movie or a comic book. It doesn’t matter if nobody is making models of those items, or if nobody intends to. Some small companies in the past have chosen to make models that are ‘almost---’or ‘not ---’, but Wargames Factory is not willing to do that. Unless we have a license to make proprietary models, we won’t.

YOU MAY NOT suggest models that are copies of models made by another company, either presently or formerly in production. We will not make figures that mimic a previous version of another company’s current product.

More Marro and Kyrie can't be made.
If we actually went this direction Kyrie could probably still be made since Kyrie in and of themselves could be called "angels" or "demons" for the most part. If you look at other mini lines you will find that they have all kinds of "angel" type figs that could pass as Kyrie. Of course that also means we can use them instead of trying to get a new sculpt made.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Gnef Woo who?

My son just received the first Heroscape master set (I picked it out as a birthday present for him after doing a little reading) so I came out to do a little more research.

I have a cnc machine (best at carving wax) and am curious about whether anyone has modeled the base hex tile in 3D. I'm trying to save a lot of trial and error time on the base tile geometry so that it will fit properly. Given relatively decent geometry, it would be an easy thing to mill out some wax masters of "new" tiles.

I suspect the tiles are injection molded plastic, but am unsure. Can anyone confirm? While I'm set up to do resin or plaster casting, I haven't investigated other methods.

(EDIT : looks like cast tiles are being made without concern for interlocking pieces - that's a lot easier)

Step 2 would be to look at figure modeling. It's a little less interesting (due to the time investment) because wax masters would be limited or more difficult to achieve thru CNC.

Last edited by Gnef; May 9th, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:22 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site, Gnef!

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I know other people on these forums have discussed molding their own duplicates of the terrain tiles. You're probably better off asking this question in the Custom Terrain section.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs