Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old March 24th, 2012, 02:12 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The United Halo 'Scapers General Discussion Thread

Hello all, and welcome to what is an organized project for customs based on the Halo universe!

The goal of this project is to create a definitive way of introducing the Halo universe to Heroscape in a way that is at least semi-compatible with classic Heroscape gameplay.

Our current members:
Zettian Juggernaut
Scapemage
Hive Lord 1233
Fi Skirata
6FlagsManiac
elvenwizard9

Our current voting members:
Zettian Juggernaut
Scapemage
Hive Lord 1233
Fi Skirata
6FlagsManiac
elvenwizard9

Quote:
Membership
  • Anyone may join the United Halo Scapers project, however we may never have more than eight (8.) members.
  • Anyone, even those who are not members, may contribute their ideas in any way, at heed that not all ideas will be used.
  • If a member has been inactive for one (1) month, they will be removed from the United Halo Scapers project. They may rejoin at any time.
  • Any member may take a temporary leave at any time, as long as notice is given beforehand.
  • Everyone will get to design unless they opt not to do so.
The Brainstorming thread is were the Design are worked on.
Brainstorming Thread

The Voting Thread is were all of the voting happens.
Voting Thread

The Playtesting Thread is were you Sign-Up and post our Playtest.
Playtesting Thread

The Design thread is for designs in the Process.
Design Thread

Original OP:
Spoiler Alert!

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; February 18th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The United Halo 'Scapers- Project Discussion

Here are some answers to question number 1:
I was thinking that it wouldn't be that compatible. I thought we would make new ones, but I not share yet. I wasn't thinking of changing the gameplay that much, and I was hoping to make the weapons and equipments, glyphs.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:16 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Would you be opposed to compatibility in the C3G sense? Therefore, it's technically useable, but not recommended?
Old March 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
C3G Super League MVP

I was thinking of mainly making it its own game, but I don't really care.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

My thought had been to introduce a few new factions in place of Valkyrie Generals (i.e. Covenant Loyalist, Covenant Separatist, Flood, and UNSC), and have rules such as glyphs that applied to multiplayer scenarios.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:14 AM
C3G Super League MVP

That sounds good to me.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Re: The United Halo 'Scapers- We require members!

I think one of the best ways to get people, is if we get started, then we might get some people, because they see us have some stuff. And I was thinking of starting with a "Basic game", that's like the Master game from Classic 'Scape but with some gun glyphs, what do you think about that.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM

So, would the Basic Game be a simple Red versus Blue scenario? I think we can do that.

I've had a few concepts for the Multiplayer game:
  1. Red and Blue teams are unique teams, akin to classic generals.
  2. A Multiplayer team may only consist of a set number of points of Red or Blue SPARTANS and Elites.
  3. Red and Blue SPARTANS and Elites are Uncommon Heroes, with a weapon glyph on their card matching the weapon on their sculpt.
  4. Weapon Glyphs are treated as trapless Treasure Glyphs that grant their user a Special Attack (or possibly a one-time power- this looks best for the Plasma Pistol and Spartan Laser.)
  5. Possibly: Weapon Glyphs may be drafted on Army Cards.

This will provide compatibility with Classic maps, but possibly not Classic units.
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:40 PM
C3G Super League MVP

I was thinking of gave everyone 1 range, but the guns would have range and attack, but would be different for every gun, and maybe some guns would have powers, does that kind of sound like what you were thinking. And being able to draft weapons sounds cool, and the rest sounds good to me.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM

Sounds good to me- I had totally forgotten melee attacks! Just spitballin' here:

SPARTAN-II
Blue Team
Human
Uncommon Hero
Warrior
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5 (increased defense to represent shields)
Note at the bottom of the card: Begin the game with the Plasma Pistol Weapon Glyph on this Army Card. If this SPARTAN-II picks up another Weapon Glyph and is already carrying two Weapon Glyphs, it must drop another Weapon Glyph that it is carrying.
Plasma Pistol: Range 5. Attack 2.
Overcharge: Instead of attacking normally, a figure equipped with the Plasma Pistol may destroy this weapon glyph to roll the 20-sided die for a figure within 4 clear sight spaces. If you roll an 8 or higher, the targeted figure may not roll any defense dice this turn, and the attacking figure may make one additional normal attack.

This could really use some wordsmithing, but the mechanics are there.
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
C3G Super League MVP

That looks good, but here are some wording changes:

Plasma Pistol
Range 5. Attack 2.

Overcharge
Instead of attacking normally, a figure equipped with the Plasma Pistol may destroy this weapon glyph, then choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the chosen figure may not roll defense dice for the remainder of this turn, and the attacking figure may attack with his normal attack.

Or are you going for something like this:

Plasma Pistol
Range 5. Attack 2.

Overcharge
Instead of attacking normally, a figure equipped with the Plasma Pistol may destroy this weapon glyph, then choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of this figure. roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the chosen figure may not roll defense dice for the remainder of this turn, and the attacking figure may attack with the Plasma Pistol, before destroying it.

And I was thinking we could put them on unit cards, but they wouldn't have life, move and defense, besides that I think it should work, and if we wanted to, we could gave them classis, so if we didn't want Grunts and other small characters picking up big guns, then if they had classis, we could put powers on their cards saying this, Grunts cannot pick up a weapon glyph that has the class of Blob Blob. what do you think.

My SuperScape Maps
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Hey I was thinking, why not gave the Spartans Pistol or Assault rifle or even both, because wouldn’t it make more thematic sense. And if you want me to show you what it would like on a unit card, I can go to MSE and put some stuff on it to show you.

My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum