Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
It could, also, just be the way R˙chean himself smells. <ducking>
Yeah, my Captain America still complains about the lingering smell in his costume from that mixed marvel tournament in 2008.

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
. Anyway, I don't know why, but these figures put off a different odor than previous packs. Most times when you get new packs and open them, they have that PVC fresh Heroscape aroma. These had a different smell than I remember. It may be the new bases or new glue or something else.
That odd I remember when Wotc changed the card face for Magic the Gathering the "new card smell" was also different. Conspiracy with mood altering aromas to make people except change hmmm?

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old July 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Quote:
. Anyway, I don't know why, but these figures put off a different odor than previous packs. Most times when you get new packs and open them, they have that PVC fresh Heroscape aroma. These had a different smell than I remember. It may be the new bases or new glue or something else.
That odd I remember when Wotc changed the card face for Magic the Gathering the "new card smell" was also different. Conspiracy with mood altering aromas to make people except change hmmm?
A lot of people expressed exception to change.

Old July 8th, 2010, 07:06 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Quote:
A lot of people expressed exception to change.
Checkmate it is then

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.

Last edited by tomcollins2000; July 8th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, with the new D2 figures in hand, I have to say the bases do not really bother me. For appearance, the Goblins would look lost on a regular base. For storage, they are great. I can fit figures in Plano compartment cases much easier and fit more. As far as playability, there is almost a half inch of wiggle room on the hex. Goblins wiil be able to take max advantage of hiding using the terrain. My

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, the small bases aren't too bad. I too have them in hand. Although since I initial every figure I must say it is more difficult to initial, but not impossible (although initialing and numbering the mindflayers is very annoying). I am noticing that the base sticker is kinda coming loose on all of them though. I think this comes from having so many holes in the base that there is little to hold on to. Just a little thing I'm noticing, no big deal.

The white wyrmling and one of the goblins were bent out of shape in every pack. Bending them into position isn't too hard and I doubt you can break any, but they look a little goofy. The goblins do look good on the small base since they are so so tiny.

The big guys look awesome, the paint jobs are very well done on all the figures. Very High quality.

My favorite are the warforged. The sturdiness and heaviness of the figures and the cool sculpts and paint jobs make them the highlight of the set in my opinion. The Fire giant is very cool and huge though, as is the warhulk and werewolf. Really great stuff all around! Keep it up. Really looking forward to the frost giant and demons!
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Yeah, the small bases aren't too bad. I too have them in hand. Although since I initial every figure I must say it is more difficult to initial, but not impossible (although initialing and numbering the mindflayers is very annoying). I am noticing that the base sticker is kinda coming loose on all of them though. I think this comes from having so many holes in the base that there is little to hold on to. Just a little thing I'm noticing, no big deal.

The white wyrmling and one of the goblins were bent out of shape in every pack. Bending them into position isn't too hard and I doubt you can break any, but they look a little goofy. The goblins do look good on the small base since they are so so tiny.

The big guys look awesome, the paint jobs are very well done on all the figures. Very High quality.

My favorite are the warforged. The sturdiness and heaviness of the figures and the cool sculpts and paint jobs make them the highlight of the set in my opinion. The Fire giant is very cool and huge though, as is the warhulk and werewolf. Really great stuff all around! Keep it up. Really looking forward to the frost giant and demons!
I decided not to initial the bases, I have always painted the underside of my Scape bases anyways, so that'll suffice. I sticker my uncommons and number the underside of my bases of my commons. 1,2,3,4,5....makes it easier to match a complete squad of the different sculpts.

I had to straighten all 5 of my white wyrmlings. No big deal though.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

When I opened the packs I was surprised. The bases are smaller then I thought! I checked them out on heroscape terrain and as I was placing I thought they were going to tip over. I also checked out the wiggle room compared to the normal heroscape bases and it does make quite a difference and not just for the goblins.

I don't think I'm going to quit buying just because I'm trying to get things going in St. Cloud for heroscape. I'm trying to set up a demo and tournament.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

HA! It totally slipped my mind the past two months that the bases were different. Glad they're okay.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I like the bases. Even though they look different they still have the HeroScape feel with the color and stickers.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:39 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post

Is there a special method you use when bending figures back into place?
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM View Post
IMO the real reason for the base size change is simple, money. If WOTC is now handling heroscape and they are putting Scape minis out based on the old DnD minis they have, then they don't have to pay someone to rebase what they have. Just repackage and done.
D&DScape figures are not re-based DDM figures. They are new casts from the same molds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News