Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 28th, 2017, 10:48 AM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Residue from glued HS tiles

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a Heroscape lot which sadly contained broken and chipped tiles. luckily most of the broken pieces were included, so I decided to use super glue to fix them. Everything went well except that there is a visible white residue from the glue left on the tiles. Anyone know how to remove this white residue without compromising the adhesive? I've tried alcohol swaps but that didn't work. Thank you.
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Residue from glued HS tiles

You might be able to paint over them. Sure a big green line may not be super appealing, but it a beats a big white line. I've done that with larger pieces that needed repair and its worked out.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You may want to consider painting those tiles and using them for custom terrain.
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:55 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You might be able to paint over them. Sure a big green line may not be super appealing, but it a beats a big white line. I've done that with larger pieces that needed repair and its worked out.
Painting over is definitely an option. @Tornado Good suggestion but the tiles are mostly from Valcarren Wasteland so I'd rather not customize them.
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is a real bummer.

Too late now but I have heard Loctite does not leave the white residue.
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Painting over is definitely an option. @Tornado Good suggestion but the tiles are mostly from Valcarren Wasteland so I'd rather not customize them.
Not that this helps now, but better quality superglues should dry clear.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:29 PM

@Tornado , @wriggz duly noted
Old August 28th, 2017, 04:29 PM

Maybe try applying Super Glue to the bottom/back of a hex and try on that first.

Some ideas here and here and here.

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 28th, 2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Maybe try applying Super Glue to the bottom/back of a hex and try on that first.

Some ideas here and here and here.

Spoiler Alert!
I'll try some of these out, Thanks @Tornado

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion