Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 7th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: GCF - Grishnakh Custom Superheroes - All Cards Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Awesome Grish.

Good to see you.

Are you attending GC this year?
Hey Torn. No, not going to be able to swing GenCon this year. You'll just have to have fun without me!
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Elvis is back in the building!
Well Chas, at least for the time being. We'll see how things go.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Titleless

And just in case you missed it in my huge update I did slip in a new card.

Kryptonite

Notes:
Printed Glyph

ITF Equipment Glyph

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&imageuser=330

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...p?i=19904&c=10
Old August 7th, 2017, 01:23 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Welcome back! And thanks.

Also, are there major changes to V2? Do I need to reprint everything or are they changes that can easily be modified onto the cards I have?

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; August 7th, 2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Question
Old August 7th, 2017, 01:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Glad to see you back and posting again!
Old August 7th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

Also, are there major changes to V2? Do I need to reprint everything or are they changes that can easily be modified onto the cards I have?
Version one of all our cards should still play just fine Gurei-Ornery. If you like the way they play then I wouldn't go to all the trouble of reprinting them. As it is we've been playing with them for a few years now and having a blast.

So why the current changes?

We tried to do a Doctor Strange card.

We got so bogged down on him that it ground our entire design process to a halt. So we tried to do a Mandarin card instead. That was worse.

Why? Those guys have way too many abilities/powers. You should see some of our first 10 designs of those two. Talk about wordy! All with tiny, tiny text.

So it got us thinking about what we were trying to do exactly.

So we put Doctor Strange and Mandarin on hold and took a long, hard look at all of the characters that we’d done so far. And we decided that some of our cards really could be simplified, yet retain what we wanted to do with them in the first place.

On top of that what we’d been seeing is that both old and new players were forgetting what abilities certain characters had, more so than we wanted. As a graphic designer I knew this had a lot to do with the "wall" of text on the card. So we set out to fix that problem by deleting some redundant abilities, combining others, and separating out the abilities that are not used each and every turn into categories. All in an attempt to create more clarity in each and every card.

Plus, since we had designed the cards somewhat in batches, some inconsistent wording had crept into the cards. So we went through all 100+ cards and made sure that all of the wording was more consistent and concise. This really was a total overhaul and affected pretty much all of them. And it was so much easier to do since we already had a first round, play-tested, solid framework to work on for all of the characters.

Take Deadpool for example: The original card has 5 abilities on it. Although they are really fairly simple abilities, it's hard to remember all of them, especially when you have four other cards in your army, each with 5 abilities as well. Players were forgetting to heal Deadpool each turn and round for example.

So, to fix things, we combined Chaotic Fighting Style and Master Assassin into one skill.

We separated out his Healing into a special category. We did the same with his Mental Shielding ability too. Calling them out like this removes them from the "wall" of text look and makes the card read so much quicker during game play. Now when you look at his new card he really only has two abilities that are constantly used during combat.

Since we were doing this we took the opportunity to renamed some abilities as well. In Deadpool's case Barrage of Insults turned into Merc with a Mouth, better fitting the character.

Once we started a small change here and a small change there it started to trickle through all of the cards. Small things, like adjusting a point cost up or down a little bit. And big things, like revamping the way power batteries on cards like Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and all of the Lanterns work.

And in the middle of all this we did some Star Wars cards. That opened up new ways to handle using the Force to throw objects, and that trickled down into how our superheroes were throwing cars. That muddled the whole project even more, prompting a reworking of those rules.

So we took a deep breathe and decided to go for it. A fresh coat of paint if you will.

I can tell you the only card that wasn’t changed in any way are the Thugs.

Honestly, we even debated posting them here. I have no way of knowing how many people use our cards and wasn’t sure how it might affect people. It is a lot of work to migrate them over to this site, that’s for sure.

Moving forward these are the versions of our cards that we are going to work off of. Id look them over and see if you like what we did. If you do I apologize for the ink….

Oh, and we have a Doctor Strange card now. It just took us a year to get to him. But that Mandarin, he’s still in the design phase. Might be a while…

Now, more importantly, when are you getting back to Long Island to game with us dude?

Last edited by Grishnakh; August 7th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old August 7th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Glad to see you back and posting again!
Thanks. I think I posted 4 times during the past year here.

I'll see if I can stay and play for a while.....
Old August 7th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Simple is good.

Looking forward to see what you settled on for the good Dr.
Old August 8th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

I might add that the text backings only changed on a few of our cards. This was only because we added a quick reference concerning the rules that are specific to that character. Here’s a list of what changed:

Poison Ivy - Altered Mind Control rules
Darkseid - Altered Mind Control rules
Doctor Doom - Altered Mind Control rules
The Shadow - Altered Mind Control rules
Ultron - Altered Mind Control rules

Black Canary - Removed diagram and expanded text

Batmobile - Added vehicle rules
Mole Machine - Added vehicle rules

Bomb - Changed “Da Bomb” to just “Bomb”
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Titleless

Re: GCF - Grishnakh Custom Superheroes - Krypto

Krypto

Notes:
Krypto is a Heroclix figure.

This place has gone to the dogs....

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...p?i=19937&c=10

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...p?i=19936&c=10

Old August 9th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Titleless

Whoops. Posted wrong card. Loyal Companion is supposed to read "targets" a figure, not "wounds" figure. Fixed.
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Glad to see you posting again, Grish. I hope the break means you won't get burned out on Heroscape again any time soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations