Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 21st, 2010, 06:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Spider-Girl ~ Brainstorming Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I think a power where she could keep same level and terrain type occupying figures from moving would be really cool, sorta like a situational version of Stuck (see Blob.)
Johnny, any thoughts on this idea?
Huh, missed that entirely.

Of course, one problem (or not a problem at all and rather a success) with this is that she'd be able to tie down units easily, and thus make Advanced Spider-Sense much easier to trigger; once they're engaged, it's either attack and risk an auto-wound or just hope someone else comes in to save you.
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Spider-Girl ~ Design Phase

Had an idea during breakfasat:

ADVANCED SPIDEY-SENSE 8
If Spider-Girl is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 8-20, Spider-Girl takes no damage and may immediately move using her Swing Line 3 Special Power and use Spider Sting if applicable.

SPIDER STING 8
After moving using her Swing Line 3 Special Power and before attacking, if Spider-Girl is adjacent to an opponent's figure, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, inflict 1 wound on the attacking figure.

This would, of course, increase her points substantially but the numbers could be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

ADVANCED SPIDEY-SENSE 8
If Spider-Girl is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 8-20, Spider-Girl takes no damage and may immediately move using her Swing Line 3 Special Power and use Spider Sting if applicable.

SPIDER STING 8
After moving using her Swing Line 3 Special Power and before attacking, if Spider-Girl is adjacent to an opponent's figure, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, inflict 1 wound on the attacking figure.

This would, of course, increase her points substantially but the numbers could be adjusted.
Tweaking here ...

SPIDEY-SENSE 8
If Spider-Girl is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 8-20, Spider-Girl takes no damage and may immediately move using her Swing Line 3 special power.

SPIDER STING 8
Immediately after moving Spider-Girl with her Swing Line 3 special power, you may choose one adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I think that's a nice combo that would make her fierce. Back-to-back 8's are no guarantee, though.

Edit: That said, given the number of opportunities you'd get for Spider Sting, an 11 might be a better number there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Much better wording! Thanks!

An 8 or higher is rolled about 2 out of every 3 times.

Quote:
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:27 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, defensively it wouldn't be so rough, because you'd have to roll 2 in a row, and if you had a range higher than 4, you could stay away from her when you attacked.
But since you could also use it after moving, before attacking, the roll would have to be higher than 8.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

The theme on that ability seems off, though. Her spider stingers are used primarily at range. Forcing Spider-Girl to be adjacent to the figure in order to use it seems like a theme break to me. I'd say rename the ability to reference a punch to make it more logical.

The main reason I don't that Spider Sting combo, though, is because it makes her a legitimate offensive threat. I like that Spider-Girl's only offense is her 3 attack. It keeps her in that niche as someone difficult to kill, but no real threat otherwise. I think that combo better fits for your C3G Spider-Man. He's the one that needs more cowbell.

Also, I'd like to see her defense increase to 4. Perhaps she isn't as durable as Spidey, but she's more agile. The the very least, she should have the same defense as Spidey. In my opinion, Spidey's official defense is too low, anyway. I'd prefer to see Spider-Girl's defense at 5.

In my opinion, Spider-Girl only needs the two powers: Advanced Spidey-Sense and Swing Line. If you feel she needs to have 1 more power, I'd give her something that represents her web attack at range. Something very weak, but somewhat effective against squads.
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM

From what Johnny posted, it seems that it's appropriate for her to be a bit more deadly than her father offensively (all the Elektra training and what not). Maybe the name of the power isn't right at this point, but I'm not convinced the power isn't ... do you have a lot of experience reading the character, Balantai?

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I read the Wiki page, DC Wiki and Comicvine. Unfortunately, I never really got into her "What If" comic that translated into her alternate future run.

From those pages, she definitely has more skill when it comes to her Spidey-Sense, but I think that translates pretty well into the lower D20 roll. If you want to show her offensive prowess a bit more due to her training with Elektra (an old Elektra, I would presume), increase her attack to 4. Besides, from what I've read, she seems like a classic punch puller. She doesn't enjoy using deadly force, hence her lack of using the stingers. She seems to rather avoid damage herself and wrap up her attackers.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:07 PM

Guess we should wait and hear from some people more familiar with the character.
A wounding power doesn't necessarily translate to deadly force in this game, though, it just makes her good at taking down squaddies and able to bypass the defense of others without hitting them very hard all at once.

Old September 21st, 2010, 02:37 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could see a name change on it to reflect a punch or kick, either could be made thematic with a careful name selection to refrence her training by Elektra. The fact that she hardly ever used her Stingers, at least in my mind, means I wouldn't be very happy seeing it on her card. She isn't one to use deadly force, but it doesn't mean she can't and doesn't when her life or someone elses is in jepordy. I think giving the the power a name refrencing a martal art attack would keep the theme of the attack due to needing to be adjacent as well as her training from Elektra. There are so many attacks that you could just pick one as long as it wasn't something from the more obscure styles like Mui Tahi, and be fine. Even something as simple as Karate Chop or Roundhouse Kick would keep both parts of the theme.
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM

I guess I was too clever with the name. I wasn't thinking of her web stingers, just a quick strike.

Quote:
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

ADVANCED SPIDEY-SENSE 8

SPIDER STING 8

I wouldn't mind splitting them into two powers, but really, outside of the counter attack tied into her spidey-sense... there's no thematic reason for her to deal an auto-wound. I mean, I can't imagine her swinging in and bypassing, say, Superman's 7 Defense, particularly since, being only three spaces away, she's more than likely to be in obvious sight.

She trained with Elektra, yeah, but she's not, like, a ninja. It wasn't offensive training as much as it was "harnessing the powers within" and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
The main reason I don't that Spider Sting combo, though, is because it makes her a legitimate offensive threat. I like that Spider-Girl's only offense is her 3 attack. It keeps her in that niche as someone difficult to kill, but no real threat otherwise. I think that combo better fits for your C3G Spider-Man. He's the one that needs more cowbell.
Yeah, that's definitely what I'm going for - her main purpose should be to swing in, tie up a figure, and then dance with them while your main army goes off and fights. Spider-Girl probably won't be killing anyone but squaddies and low-level heroes, at best - if you're playing her like you would Venom, charging into battle to tear up the place, that's probably the wrong angle to approach things.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to see her defense increase to 4. Perhaps she isn't as durable as Spidey, but she's more agile. The the very least, she should have the same defense as Spidey. In my opinion, Spidey's official defense is too low, anyway. I'd prefer to see Spider-Girl's defense at 5.
I factored her agility into her Spidey-Sense - the defense is low because she has a bit of a glass jaw in that respect. Physically, she's just not as strong as her father was in his prime, and is more akin to a "normal" human being, but still super. If she can't dodge the attack, it's more likely to hurt her than it would the normal Spider-Man.

But, now that I think of it, her stats ARE a bit off. On one hand, she's weaker than Spider-Man, who's at 4/4. But I'd say she's DEFINITELY stronger than Toad, who's ALSO at 4/4. So I'd be good with bumping either her Attack up to 4 or her Defense up to 4. I don't think both would be good, though, if only to differentiate her from Spidey himself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library