Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2019, 10:59 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I did play Marvel Champions living card game again last night. First time with Black Panther. Played him solo with the Protection aspect and lost vs Rhino. I'll give it another go tonight. He's a little trickier solo because of all the tech upgrades you want to get in your play area early, and then you can only activate them with the Wakanda Forever cards when they come out. Also, the Protection aspect may be better when playing along side with at least one other hero. Maybe have to try Justice or Aggression aspects with him solo.
I think you will have to get extremely good card draws early to win with BP solo. Protection isn't great solo, especially with BP. I have had trouble winning with him in 2 player as well, mainly with Iron Man. They both struggle in the early game with tech needs. If you can make it to through the first few rounds relatively unscathed, the tide can turn quickly with enough tech.
Old November 21st, 2019, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
I did play Marvel Champions living card game again last night. First time with Black Panther. Played him solo with the Protection aspect and lost vs Rhino. I'll give it another go tonight. He's a little trickier solo because of all the tech upgrades you want to get in your play area early, and then you can only activate them with the Wakanda Forever cards when they come out. Also, the Protection aspect may be better when playing along side with at least one other hero. Maybe have to try Justice or Aggression aspects with him solo.
I think you will have to get extremely good card draws early to win with BP solo. Protection isn't great solo, especially with BP. I have had trouble winning with him in 2 player as well, mainly with Iron Man. They both struggle in the early game with tech needs. If you can make it to through the first few rounds relatively unscathed, the tide can turn quickly with enough tech.
Yes indeed. I just played again with Black Panther and beat Rhino.

I had 2 upgrades in initial draw plus 1 more for the T'Challa setup ability. Plus I had a Wakanda Forever card. I was able to get 2 of the upgrades out early. 2nd round I was able to get 3rd upgrade out and use Wakanda Forever. Drew another WF card for the next round. Also got Luke Cage out but didn't attack with him becauseI didn't want to lose his Tough condition from the 1 damage he'd take when attacking. Because, Rhino got a charge and I wanted to defend with Luke the next round to use his Tough to ignore the massive damage from charge.

Was able to get a 4th upgrade out and Wakanda Forever was very effective, but had to be smart when Rhino had his suit that took the first 5 damage.

Eventually I was able to get Rhino's 2nd card out and whittle his health down. Final play was to get him down to a couple health through use of Wakanda Forever, Luke, BP attack and then for the finale, put down Nick Fury to put final wounds on Rhino.

It was fun. I had good card draws, but also pretty much only used the Protection aspect cards to pay for the cards I needed to play.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 21st, 2019, 11:32 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Yes indeed. I just played again with Black Panther and beat Rhino.

I had 2 upgrades in initial draw plus 1 more for the T'Challa setup ability. Plus I had a Wakanda Forever card. I was able to get 2 of the upgrades out early. 2nd round I was able to get 3rd upgrade out and use Wakanda Forever. Drew another WF card for the next round. Also got Luke Cage out but didn't attack with him becauseI didn't want to lose his Tough condition from the 1 damage he'd take when attacking. Because, Rhino got a charge and I wanted to defend with Luke the next round to use his Tough to ignore the massive damage from charge.

Was able to get a 4th upgrade out and Wakanda Forever was very effective, but had to be smart when Rhino had his suit that took the first 5 damage.

Eventually I was able to get Rhino's 2nd card out and whittle his health down. Final play was to get him down to a couple health through use of Wakanda Forever, Luke, BP attack and then for the finale, put down Nick Fury to put final wounds on Rhino.

It was fun. I had good card draws, but also pretty much only used the Protection aspect cards to pay for the cards I needed to play.
Just ordered this game today. It has been hard to find recently, and I’m really looking forward to playing it.
Old November 21st, 2019, 11:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@akden

It's a really good game IMO. I love how the heroes and villains play differently and how there are different ways to play with regards to hero and villain decks.

Old November 21st, 2019, 11:42 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@akden

It's a really good game IMO. I love how the heroes and villains play differently and how there are different ways to play with regards to hero and villain decks.
I’ve been reading all about it, and I’m really looking forward to trying it. I’ve checked in 5 different game stores in various places (hadn’t made it to @Gurei-Ornery ’s place, unfortunately), but they were all out, so I finally caved and ordered it online.
Old November 21st, 2019, 11:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Cool Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
@akden

I’ve been reading all about it, and I’m really looking forward to trying it. I’ve checked in 5 different game stores in various places (hadn’t made it to @Gurei-Ornery ’s place, unfortunately), but they were all out, so I finally caved and ordered it online.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this game after you get a few plays in.

Spidey and Captain Marvel decks come premade, so don't mess with them until trying them out. Same for Rhino . So it makes it easy to just grab those decks and play after reading the rules.

I had preordered it and got it early last week. I was thinking about ordering sleeves, but said screw it. I don't care about resale of this game, I just want to play and have fun.

Old November 21st, 2019, 11:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I finally got a copy of Blood Rage and played it. I have the Gods of Asgard and 5th Player expansions.

Old November 22nd, 2019, 08:31 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I couldn't find a thread for this. I'm looking to sell some games: Mountains of Madness, Munchkin Panic and Small World. All have been played but are in excellent condition.

Old November 23rd, 2019, 12:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

I played Marvel Champions living card game again, my 8th game. First time playing with She-Hulk and I had her with the Leadership aspect.

She's fun and different again from each other hero. This was the first game where a hero's nemesis came out, Titania for She-Hulk. And Titania's side scheme came out as well.

Nick Fury had just helped me get rid of a Hydra guard and bomber. But Rhino had his special horn and charged to take Fury out.

Titania came out engaged with She-Hulk and has a nasty attack of X, where X is her remaining health, which starts at 6. I was able to get Hawkeye out, but unfortunately his arrow didn't help since no minions came out after him, before he had to take a pounding from Titania to get knocked out of the game to save She-Hulk .

Good thing he did that, because She-Hulk was down to 1 health left and there was 6 threat on the main scheme, out of 7 allowed before losing.

Rhino had 6 health left when it was going to be She-Hulk's last turn due to 7th threat being pjt out on the main scheme the next round. She played Uppercut (I believe, or some term like that) for 3 damage to Rhino. Then she used her own attack of 3 to finish him off.

Closest game ever, as She-Hulk had 1 health left and would have lost due to 7th threat pit on main scheme next round.

Fun game.

Old November 23rd, 2019, 03:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I couldn't find a thread for this. I'm looking to sell some games: Mountains of Madness, Munchkin Panic and Small World. All have been played but are in excellent condition.
We have a whole Sales and Trades subforum, TW. You could try there.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 23rd, 2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
We have a whole Sales and Trades subforum, TW. You could try there.
Thanks!

Old November 24th, 2019, 04:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Right this moment I am playing a pal's new copy of Tainted Grail, and its lots of fun. I'm the Druid. We accomplished our first task, started our second and discovered that (*NO SPOILERS*).

Yesterday I played War Room, also for the first time. A very interesting game system by the designer of Axis and Allies.

Its good to be retired!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games