Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
ME3 absolutely had some profound decisions with strong, meaningful conclusions tied to decisions made throughout both prior games (though mostly ME2). The multitude of answers you can bring to the Geth/Quarian struggle are a prime example of the kind of choices granted throughout the series that are completely stripped away in the end.

That's really the unfixable problem with the ending. The events and choices are completely segregated from the themes and events that come before it. There is a vast difference between recounting a series of events, and telling a story. By being so at odds with every other scene that precedes it, the ending of ME3 constitutes a massive failure of storytelling.

EDIT: For the curious, this article is a fantastic summary of the problems
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/
Oh, I agree with you, but the other writers are going to be involved with the wrap-ups, so at least some closure can be had. We aren't getting a new ending, and they didn't have to do anything, so I'm gonna be happy with the extra that I'm getting for free. Won't make up for the last 5 minutes, but I'm hoping it'll make it easier to swallow.

EDIT: Indeed, for the problems your link rightly complains about...
Brevity - completely fixed
Confusing and Underdeveloped - partial fix, will still be underdeveloped, but more will be explained.
Lore Errors, Plot Holes - almost completely fixed, some were already obvious and I don't understand the difficulty people had with some of them. However, they will be clarified.
Key Philosophical Themes Are Discarded - mostly unfixable - there is little that can be done with this other than tolerance and unity, which the game does not discard. Some can be done with that in the wrap up, the rest is unfixable without altering the ending.
Player Choice Is Completely Discarded - minor to partial fix - depending on how deep they wrap everything up, that could at least make the final choice much more significant than RBG.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; April 17th, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My main issue is with the philosophical theme break. To me, that's the primary difference between an ending that creates a good story and an ending that simply runs out of pages. The ending needs to summarize what the journey was all about. Unfortunately, none of the choices available in the end summarize the character of Shepard at all. As long as that's the case, there's really nothing that can provide the kind of closure to the story that anyone is really looking for.
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:59 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any hope I had for a productive weekend are officially gone.

Have a 4 day free pass to SWTOR that just got done installing last night AND Diablo 3 open beta ready to roll on my PC as well. I'll be picking up a case of Redbull on my way home, gonna play these like I'm 18 again and play till my eyes hurt.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:15 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Diablo 3 Open Beta!!!!!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, downloaded it this morning, my son and I will be hitting that and he hopes to finally get his Legacy in SWTOR as well.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Dr Feelgood

Well, I see the start of the Diablo 3 Open Beta has started...or I would see if I could get past Error 37.

Maybe later...

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I finally decided to just download Team Fortress 2. Hey, it's free, so why not? I'm just wondering, is it worth playing? I looked at some of the reviews, and they all were extremely positive, so I'm hopeful.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Got all Diablo III achievements in the open beta. And now we play the waiting game.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:06 PM

SilentOwl is surprisingly tart

I AM PLAYING... (way too many games...))
LoZ Skyward Sword!
Loz SPirit Tracks!
Professor Layton Unwound Future!
Team Fortress 2!
Minecraft!
Civ IV! (Had V but sold it 2 hours after buying it x3)
Rune Factory 3!
Rune Factory: Frontier!
(Thats just a few of them :P )
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got the Space Marine game for 10.19 in Steam today, price should be good for several more hours yet.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Got the Space Marine game for 10.19 in Steam today, price should be good for several more hours yet.
What is this Space Marine game of which you speak?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM

SilentOwl is surprisingly tart

RANDOM: Am I the only person who saves his game like every 5 seconds?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games