Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old December 29th, 2011, 11:18 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Slowly getting into Skyrim.

For those that have played it, is there any siginificant event that earns it a mature rating? Or is it just the general sword play and option of killing.
I'm thinking of letting my 14 year old play it as well, but don't want to if there is some sort of torture/rape quest that I haven't gotten to yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I've been playing Skyrim a little bit since Christmas and haven't seen anything bad in it yet.
The worst few things I've come across in my 50+ hours were killing bunnies, public executions (beheadings), watching an innocent person get killed, and beheading others yourself (though this is only accessed through a certain perk). Otherwise it's not all that bad.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

BlazBlue by day Rune Factory Tides of Destiny by night! <3

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:12 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

I got the new Kindle Fire for Christmas, so my time has been spent playing Plants vs Zombies

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

My fiancé just informed me that she played and loved the new Super Mario Bros. on Wii even though she said she hated video games. Looking to capitalize on this and looking for suggestions. Right now I am thinking about LBP for PS3 or Mario Galaxy on Wii. Also thinking about buying her a DS. Any suggestions to help me introduce her to video games?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

just got Portal 2 (loving it) and Lego Star Wars III (pretty cool, haven't played it much yet).

L.K.R.
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
My fiancé just informed me that she played and loved the new Super Mario Bros. on Wii even though she said she hated video games. Looking to capitalize on this and looking for suggestions. Right now I am thinking about LBP for PS3 or Mario Galaxy on Wii. Also thinking about buying her a DS. Any suggestions to help me introduce her to video games?
I'm loving Rayman Origins and it plays fantastic 2 player as opposed to New Super Mario Bros Wii, which I felt played great with 1, 3, or 4, but created too much animosity with just 2. It's a really terrific looking, super well crafted platformer.

On the Mario vein, there's the original New Super Mario Bros on the DS that's quite good as well as the latest 3DS game, Super Mario Land 3D. It's really a question of whether or not she likes the side scrolling aspect or if the 3D of that game or the Galaxy series would be a turn off.

I'm not personally a fan of Little Big Planet (I think the actual platforming physics are boring) but its a super little game, particularly now that its got a couple years worth of user made levels. Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns is fantastic.

Your best bet is just suggest things and get a feel for what she likes or doesn't like. My wife, for example, loves games that are simple, accessible, and focus on gameplay above all else. Stuff like Geometry Wars and other back to basics, pure game games tend to keep her late into the night.
Old December 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Super Mario Bros Wii, and Donkey Kong returns are great, fun games. However, keep in mind both games will likely result in a few disagreement banter because each player plays differently. I know of 4 couples who have these games and including myself with my fiance, it happens...

I'd also recommend Mario Party or Mario Kart...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Super Mario Bros Wii, and Donkey Kong returns are great, fun games. However, keep in mind both games will likely result in a few disagreement banter because each player plays differently. I know of 4 couples who have these games and including myself with my fiance, it happens...

I'd also recommend Mario Party or Mario Kart...
We have Mario Party and Mario Kart, but I am hesitant to play with her because I have been playing video games for 17 years, and when it comes to competitive games, I am better than most of my seasoned gamer friends, so I dunno how she would like losing all the time, and even if I let her win from time to time, I don't know if she'd believe that she really beat me? Does that stuff matter, or is it the thought that counts? I've never played video games with a significant other before.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
We have Mario Party and Mario Kart, but I am hesitant to play with her because I have been playing video games for 17 years, and when it comes to competitive games, I am better than most of my seasoned gamer friends, so I dunno how she would like losing all the time, and even if I let her win from time to time, I don't know if she'd believe that she really beat me? Does that stuff matter, or is it the thought that counts? I've never played video games with a significant other before.
I play Mario Kart Wii with my girlfriend, and there's no need for me to ever "hold back." She freaking wins every single time!!!!! Each tournament or whatever (Four races, points given based on place), she comes in 1st every race. I bought that game years ago, and beat it pretty soundly, and know most shortcuts in most maps, etc... It just doesn't make any sense...

But at least she does play with me. A loser I might be.
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Just finished Ghost Trick. It's an amazing game, and I'd recommend it to anyone that owns a DS.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Assassins Creed: Revelations

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Assassins Creed: Revelations
A wise choice. The multiplayer is just...just...man I love it! Stabbing > Shooting

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games