Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2018, 02:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Doctor Octopus 12/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A 2 wound Throw and four attacks is brutal. Snipe Ock before he can close in!
Like I always say with the Hydra, if you can take off at least one head (arm) before he gets to you, you'll be in a lot better shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Are there plans for some of these figures to have synergy with one another, or are they all going to be individuals without much of a link to one another, like the OG Marvel figures?

I’m really liking all of these by the way. I think I have become a bit blind in the past years to designs that aren’t the C3G ones. This is honestly inspiring me to print out these guys and have a no-C3G-allowed smackdown with your guys and some of my favorite designs by other creators, like GO’s old stuff.
For the most part synergy is pretty generic, like Cap's Avengers Assemble! or Red Skull's Master Manipulator. However, if you recall the other figures in Wave 1 (including the next one I'll post), that may or may not give a hint as to synergy possibilities.

Wow, that's a compliment, thanks! I totally understand getting lost in C3G, especially if you're one of the many people constantly creating new stuff. There's, what, 3x the number of official units in about the same time frame? In fact, aside from research for these customs, I've paid very little attention to other superheroes (C3G or otherwise, though front page announcements do give me reason to revisit my customs).

Quote:
Lots of great designers out there. Check out Matt Helm and Grishnakh and drewman-chu and Sherman davies to name a few.
I've been meaning to browse other customs recently (supers and classic). I think I'll do that now. It's really cool to see everyone's own self-contained canons.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That was meant for Nobody but applies to everyone.
Grishnakh has sick art and I like how he created key words for weaknesses and special powers.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:50 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That was meant for Nobody but applies to everyone.
Grishnakh has sick art and I like how he created key words for weaknesses and special powers.

I know (also, a funny sentence). Still been meaning to do it myself. @Grishnakh does go all-out on the art! I appreciate what he's done with the keywords, too, it's just a little too far down the "custom" path for me.

===============

Another Arrogant guy, famous for being part of a team, that ends in 5 points, hmm... Admittedly he underwent some late revisions that were mainly improvements for not much cost, but he definitely felt like he was paying too much for his large Ranged attack and not much else before. Supernova can be absolutely devastating (though I've seen it bust, too), even with the drawbacks. But Johnny's a bit of a reckless guy, which is also reflected in Flame On! He might burn you, but you still get to take a shot at him first, and if that's his last Life, no such luck on the d20. I also enjoy the countdown on his stats.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2018, 11:18 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Human Torch 12/3

Cool. I would like it more.if he burned folks when they leave engagement as well.
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Cool. I would like it more.if he burned folks when they leave engagement as well.
That's just called a passing swipe. I could maybe see that, but it doesn't fit the theme for me of him lighting up before taking to the sky. Also, not cool, hot.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 4th, 2018, 07:38 AM

Touche.
Old December 4th, 2018, 09:17 PM

There she is, your first taste of more direct synergy. She brings a 45% chance of dodging any attack to your Teammates (and even leaves room for Counter Strike and the like to take effect, were such a thing to exist on a Teammate somewhere). Of course, the bubble of protection only extends two spaces, meaning her brother either has to risk hitting her with his Supernova or risk leaving her protection behind. Classic Johnny. Also she flies stealthily, which is pretty cool with a halfway decent Ranged attack. And that's about it.

Oh, right. I haven't bothered adding hit zones to the cards yet, since that honestly takes the most effort out of anything, but Invisible Woman's entire hit zone is grey. That should take her Stealth Flying Ranged attacks to a whole new level!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:24 PM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: Wave 1, Invisible Woman 12/4

Cool though a little swingy. 4th Mass will love her.
I like the no hit zone approach. That is something I would like to see in C3G.
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:43 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Whoa, C3G has never done a no hit zone card?

Why is she Valiant?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:06 AM

Not that I can think of offhand. I think it is always covered by a power like Invisibility or Intangibility. I like the simplicity of just not having a hit zone.
Old December 5th, 2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Cool though a little swingy. 4th Mass will love her.
They already have plenty of Range, and Charos as an option at 210. I don't think she really does anything special for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Why is she Valiant?
Is there a reason she shouldn't be?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 5th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Panther
Pretty straightforward bruiser. Playing up the toughness makes sense - if you check out the old Don McGregor stuff, I think Panther's real superpower in that is just always surviving everything. Might have wanted to see a little more agility here - he's limited to moving 1 space when he disengages, which feels off to me.

This card also skips out on something that a lot of Panther cards, and even the MCU version of the character, skip out on.... T'Challa is a genius and a slightly paranoid strategist. This is a guy who has a plan to take down Galactus just in case he attacks Wakanda, and joined the Avengers to keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't a threat.

Bullseye
I'm generally not big on auto-destroy powers in the superscape arena, but I can't really disagree with the take here. Lean and clean.

Ock
I don't like the Hydra mechanic here - it implies that each wound takes out one of his tentacles, when that's not really how fights with Ock go. Generally, the tentacles are just about indestructible, and the secret is to get past them and hit the creamy center.

(There was actually a storyline in the comics a few years back where Ock developed some serious health issues as a result of being hit in the head by superheroes so many times over the years)

The interplay between the throw/reach/cyber claw mechanics are cool, though.

Johnny and Sue
Liking the interplay between these two so far. Curious to see the rest of the quartet (or uh, at least Ben and I guess Reed a while later, if you're strictly following the Hasbro wave.... man those guys did not like Reed for whatever reason)

The gray hit zone makes sense. Really wish C3G had adopted that approach for invisibility, but the early C3G types took the approach of implementing invisibility in the special powers, so that it would go away when a figure was negated. Given how rare negation is in C3G, kinda wish they had taken the simple approach.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations