Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 29th, 2018, 12:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

@Hahma have you had a chance to play fallout yet? I think its pretty neat that there are a bunch of models on thingiverse I could add to the game. They have pretty good models of super mutants and power armor and pretty much any other characters along with a bunch of terrain options. Ive been getting some more of my models painted recently. Im excited to use the same terrain for fallout that I have for walking dead.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma have you had a chance to play fallout yet? I think its pretty neat that there are a bunch of models on thingiverse I could add to the game. They have pretty good models of super mutants and power armor and pretty much any other characters along with a bunch of terrain options. Ive been getting some more of my models painted recently. Im excited to use the same terrain for fallout that I have for walking dead.
Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Too many other things going on at the moment.

Yeah, I suppose there are cool models on thingiverse. I don't know about getting cards for them. I think there are some cards available from their site, but they aren't going to have all cards available, particularly the little cards for weapons and other equipment. Nor the event and other types of cards. So essentially, I guess some things can get printed, but there are still limitations and people can't nor shouldn't be able to get everything for free, other than buying the base game. People could always make photocopies of some of the small equipment cards in the base game to give to extra models they 3D print. But I believe they only cover a fraction of what will be available, as there are new cards coming in each expansion.

My nephew recently got a 3D printer and said that down the road, after he gets settled with a job after college and done with projects he's got planned, he'll print stuff off for me.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; November 29th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old November 29th, 2018, 03:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Yeah. Ill probably copy some of the core stuff for some duplicate super mutants, settlers, and maybe the basic power armor. Even though Ive bought a ton of extra sets for Imperial assault I made copies of some of the cards for wotc figures to have bigger battles. I think supporting the game is a great idea if its good so they will continue to make expansions for it. Making copies of core components is a good way to have enough figures so my bros can try it out without me dumping a ton of money into it. Im excited to try it out.

Old November 29th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, for sure it would be nice to expand the base set stuff. The 2 settlers share one stat card, so having more settlers would just have them still share the one stat card. Same for some of the other stuff. It will be enough to allow for some bigger games and get a feel for whether you want to expand it with expansions.

I've just gotten the models primed, but have been alternating between painting Star Wars Legion and The Drowned Earth models. Still have to finish the game of Legion that my buddy Brian and I started a couple weeks ago, but the holidays and our DnD group have kept us from getting back to it.

For me to try out solo Fallout Wasteland Warfare, I have to give up some hobby time and that will have to wait until after the New Year.

Old November 30th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished Fancagne, of the Bondsmen faction for The Drowned Earth, last weekend. He's pretty nasty with his power ax when he gets into melee.

Nix, the leader of the Artefacter faction, doesn't want to be this close to Fancagne.

Today, I finished my 2 E-Webs for Star Wars Legion . 2 different base styles, just because.

I didn't glue the crew on the base because the gunner attaches nicely to the weapon and the assistant is kneeling and sits nicely without glue. This was done so that I can use the weapon and generator as scatter terrain in games I don't have the actual unit playing. Also, for games when they are in the games the E-Webs are a fighting unit in the game, I can leave the base and just remove the crew when the unit is destroyed.

Old November 30th, 2018, 11:31 PM
"like" happy

Those look great @Hahma . I like that you left the gunner squad where they could be removed from the gun bases. I also printed a handful of eweb cannons and atgar cannons without figures to allow figures to use them on the battlefield.

Old December 5th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Those look great @Hahma . I like that you left the gunner squad where they could be removed from the gun bases. I also printed a handful of eweb cannons and atgar cannons without figures to allow figures to use them on the battlefield.
Thanks!

I figured it was something that made sense to me and will be fun to have extra scatter terrain that I didn't have to pay extra for

So you had the same idea as well. You have been a beast with that printer of yours.

Old December 5th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Other than varnishing and adding some grass tufts to the base, Alaya is done.

She's the medic for the Bondsmen faction for The Drowned Earth. Carries some stimpacks on her wrists and pouches for other medical needs.

The scar on her forehead is a tribal thing, as with her twin brother Jorra, they scar their own faces/heads each time they make a kill. Adding more to the scar each time.

She has been one of my favorite models to paint in awhile.

While I started Gersla last weekend, I put her on hold while working on some Star Wars Legion stuff .

She's a Dverg, which is a smaller race . She's the Scout for the Bondsmen faction for The Drowned Earth.

Old December 5th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work. I like the scar angle. It has been fun watching your skill increase with your painting.
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Today, I finished my 2 E-Webs for Star Wars Legion . 2 different base styles, just because.

I didn't glue the crew on the base because the gunner attaches nicely to the weapon and the assistant is kneeling and sits nicely without glue. This was done so that I can use the weapon and generator as scatter terrain in games I don't have the actual unit playing. Also, for games when they are in the games the E-Webs are a fighting unit in the game, I can leave the base and just remove the crew when the unit is destroyed.
These are larger in scale than the Star War Miniatures right?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:33 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Yeah these are 32mm instead of 28mm.

Old December 5th, 2018, 12:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice work. I like the scar angle. It has been fun watching your skill increase with your painting.
Thanks Tornado! It's been fun learning and experimenting with new techniques. I've had to slow down from my previous pace, as I got too obsessive with it and caused issues on the homefront.

The scar angle is cool. In the rulebook, there is probably over 100 pages of back story and fluff for the world The Drowned Earth is set in. The designer said that at some point, he may design an RPG for this world, as he already has a lot of the world developed.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Yeah these are 32mm instead of 28mm.
Yeah, Legion is a bigger scale.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures