Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old February 10th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Horizon in Sight: Dan's Tale

I'm caught up to Ch.6 now. Doing a good job of introducing new elements in nearly every chapter thus far, so I'm in a constant state of intrigue. Wanna see where it goes.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 10th, 2019, 07:04 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Chapter Thirteen - Prevention is live here!

Not sure what will happen when the drop down menu for HiS gets bigger than the screen... Hopefully it's smart enough to put a scrollbar in there or something.

~TGRF.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:36 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am at last all caught up.

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

Old February 11th, 2019, 01:35 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I am at last all caught up.

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF
Part one was actually the easiest for me to write, partly because of the tiny space. If I can design the world of my writing entirely and then just explore it, the writing flows easily. And the smaller the world is, the easier it is for me to know how every single piece of it works and is put together. That's what happened with Dan's cell.

Which reminds me: I created both Dan's cell and the SR unit in 3D. There should be an additional drop down under 'Introduction' for each. Also, at some point in part two, there will be a map.

~TGRF.
Old February 11th, 2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
Which reminds me: I created both Dan's cell and the SR unit in 3D. There should be an additional drop down under 'Introduction' for each. Also, at some point in part two, there will be a map.

~TGRF.
Those are... tremendously helpful. You know what they say about a pic being worth a thousand words. (Boy has that ever been proven true time and time again now that I run D&D games...)

If you haven't already I'd include a link to those somewhere on this thread so new readers can find them easy and early.

~TAF

Old February 11th, 2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend

~TGRF.
Those are... tremendously helpful. You know what they say about a pic being worth a thousand words. (Boy has that ever been proven true time and time again now that I run D&D games...)

If you haven't already I'd include a link to those somewhere on this thread so new readers can find them easy and early.

~TAF
Done. Good idea.

It's interesting that you should say you preferred the side characters to Dan in the original Quest. That might be because, knowing nothing about character development at the time, I was able to focus on the side characters as seen through Dan, where Dan was just a blank slate to be acted upon. Ah... the ignorance...

Chapter Fourteen is now live! We're fast approaching the eighteenth chapter and the end of part one!

~TGRF, considering a major rewrite of chapters 27-30.
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:15 PM

Chapter Fifteen - Lie is now posted!

I'm looking into ways to deal with the drop down menu, which is now too big for the screen.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Found css for a scrollbar.

Last edited by TGRF; February 12th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:47 AM

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF, curious for the sake of verisimilitude

Old February 13th, 2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

~TAF, curious for the sake of verisimilitude
Spoiler Alert!

And on that note, Chapter Sixteen - Chance is now live!

~TGRF, who realizes someone not noticing a plot hole is no excuse to leave it in. Next fan fiction.
Old February 14th, 2019, 02:47 PM

Chapter Seventeen - Guilt is now live!

There's currently a problem with the dropdown menu, where it doesn't let you see the images. I've implemented a temporary third dropdown menu just for the images, titled 'additional content', until I can fix the issue.

I'm still working on the revisions for part two, and work is also starting to pile up, so there might be a slight pause in posting after chapter eighteen. Things should resume in a week tops.

~TGRF, who will post the end to part one tomorrow.
Old February 15th, 2019, 02:05 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yay another tale to read! Good to hear from you tgrf!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 15th, 2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Yay another tale to read! Good to hear from you tgrf!
I was wondering when you would show up. Welcome to the story!

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction