Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:20 AM

Cpt. Blitz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What IFFF???

What if Heroscape was revived by a joint operation of Wizard of the Coast selling it to Blizzard!

Welcome to Heroscape, Warcraft!!!

Who knows... Overwatch heroes might join the fray one day
Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: What IFFF???

From the best thread on this entire site Before Heroscape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
For LOLs Only

In my research I come across some things that in no way can be actual links back to Heroscape but are still pretty funny. I decided I would make a little section at the bottom and show them off down here just for laughs.
In 1995, Craig Van Ness produced a game under the Goosebumps license called Terror in the Graveyard. The game featured a spooky ghost as the main bad guy. Inspiration for the Shades in Heroscape? I think not.

The ghost from Goosebumps (boardgamegeek) and a Shade. Spooooooky!

I'm adding another LOLs after several months of inactivity... at least I hope I am. Somewhere in the deep and unexplored reaches of my psyche, part of me thinks there might be some merit to this latest link of Heroscape history. I await the judgment of the community for bringing what are perhaps the darkest of shadows to light...

If you will allow me for a moment to re-display one of my images from the beginning of the thread...

An early prototype of Heroscape. See above for details.(provided by Malechi)

Here is the thing. Something about that box art always bothered me. There was an eerie familiarity to the scene. Something about the fact that a human, orc, and minotaur are standing side by side. Something about the art style.

Only recently did I dare to investigate my grim inclinations of what I might actually be seeing.

Zooming in on that orc. Something... so familiar... did we meet in a
previous life? Is it deja vu? So many confused feelings...

I decided to google up some orc concept art and look what I found...

An old desktop background put out in the early days of
World of Warcraft (copyright reads 2004).

Lets zoom in here, just for emphasis.

Okay now scroll back and forth a little bit, there. Heroscape box. WoW screen. Heroscape box. WoW screen.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Aeston, you're crazy. Its completely stereotypical for an orc to carry an axe. And wear a top-knot. And have red pauldrons with spikes. Everyone makes orcs like that!"

Well perhaps so. And I thought I was crazy too. Then I dug a little deeper. I had to turn the clock back earlier than wow. I searched for desktop backgrounds from the era of Warcraft III! Here is what I found.

A desktop background put out during the days of Warcraft III. The
copyright in the corner reads 2001, Blizzard Entertainment.

So there it is. The image from the box. And with the recovery of this source image there is only one conclusion a reasonable, level-headed Heroscaper can make.

Blizzard owns us all.

But hey, at least they hit "select-all" "flip-horizontal" before they put it on the box. That threw me off their trail for years!

LOLs indeed.

Old February 18th, 2019, 10:58 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, this: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=18137

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old February 19th, 2019, 07:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

He lives! Welcome back @Aeston

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion