Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker
Exclamation Announcing the Heroscape Vault

The Heroscape Vault

Heroscape.org is back!

Like the cliché roofer with a leaky roof, I was a former back-up technician that managed to lose all on-site and several off-site copies of the HeroscapeWiki, all within the span of a couple days. Sure I can handle back-ups for Fortune 500 companies and the government, but my own site? Not a chance! What a fun experience that was, I can tell you.

A year later, I have recovered my wits and rebuilt my site better than ever. It's no beauty yet and definitely a work in progress, but it's up and it's functional and that's way better than staring at a broken directory any day.

The Vault is not a social site like Heroscapers--it doesn't have a forum or even comment sections. Rather it is a clearing house and repository for anything Heroscape related.

If you've got a thread here with a great article, but it's 20 pages down and unlikely to see the light of day again, please consider submitting it to the Vault. I'll get it front page viewing and neatly organized so visitors can easily find your gem. Submitted art work and photos too would be greatly appreciated.

Please come check it out. Again, it's at www.heroscape.org. The Army Cards section is "complete", the galleries and other sections have been started, and I'll be updating every chance I get with new content and extended features.

The most important feature right now is the ability to sift through Army Cards with the tagging system. You can search for particular cards based on personality, attack dice, set, and a whole lot more. The search function is rather powerful and a handy tool for finding just what you need.

Try it out by taking this quiz. Can you be the first to post all five correctly?

1. How many different army cards are hunters?

2. What is the only unit with a move of 1?

4. Which two humans that follow Einar are wild?

4. How many ranged common squads have three figures?

5. How many cards have some type of bonding?

Did you know any these off the top of your head? I'd be shocked if you knew #5.

If you need some hints about how to use the tag search, check out an army card and look at the tags. A lot of the tags are specialized to make searching for a general type of special power easier.

I hope you like the site and I hope that a lot of you will become contributing members! Thanks for reading!
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:09 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Re: Announcing the Heroscape Vault

Wow, that's a ton of work. Thanks.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Marrden Hounds

Guilty McCreech and Valguard

7(EDIT: Arrow Gruts, Marro Drudges and Stingers, Microcorps Agents, Omnicron Snipers, Roman Archers, Tagawa Samurai Archers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post

Marrden Hounds

7(EDIT: Arrow Gruts, Marro Drudges and Stingers, Microcorps Agents, Omnicron Snipers, Roman Archers, Tagawa Samurai Archers)

Wow, you must have done quite a lot of going through your Heroscape cards.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Marrden Hounds

Very close. Maybe I have to make this harder.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Believe it or not, I only used the Heroscape Vault that Kobu just hooked up. The tags make searching for this info super easy. You should try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Very close.
What did I miss?

Quote:
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Believe it or not, I only used the Heroscape Vault that Kobu just hooked up. The tags make searching for this info super easy. You should try it.

Quote:
Very close.
What did I miss?
Missed one on #4. To be fair, I should almost throw that one out because there are two other units that sometimes/sort of have range--Obsidian Guards and Wolves of Badru, but I won't count them.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Missed one on #4. To be fair, I should almost throw that one out because there are two other units that sometimes/sort of have range--Obsidian Guards and Wolves of Badru, but I won't count them.
Bah! I missed the Gorillanators!

I was wondering about the Guards n' Wolves. But since I figured they wouldn't be tagged as having range I skipped them. Thanks! This was fun.

Quote:
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Bah! I missed the Gorillanators!

I was wondering about the Guards n' Wolves. But since I figured they wouldn't be tagged as having range I skipped them. Thanks! This was fun.
Good job, you were first! I'll do another quiz later on. Hopefully I didn't miss any tags on anything from the quiz...I'm sure someone will let me know if I did.

The easy way to answer #4 for anyone that didn't find it is to search for "all words": common squad ranged 3figures. If in doubt, check out a similar card's tag or check the All Tags link under Army Cards. The "ranged" definition is by the glyph and Laglor in case anyone was wondering.
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Wow, Kobu! I'm impressed. I really like the tags for the special powers, attack, defense, life, etc. It makes searching for similar figures incredibly easy. Great work!!!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Shadow_in_Darkness is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow, impressive. I can see the Army Card finder coming in handy when I'm making custom 'Scape cards. I also like the premade Army listing, too.

I only got #2 right on the quiz...

"If it ain't broke, take it apart, and fix it."
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very nice work, Kobu!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion