Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old September 20th, 2023, 06:36 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battle Cat - VOTE 4 Initial Playtest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Maybe we should just adjust No Cover to act like Open Cover and allow adjacency?
Unless there are going to be VDOs that provide no cover and there is a reason the operator cannot be adjacent to other figures, I don't see a reason not to make the switch (other than time and effort).

Quote:
Seems like I need to take that one to the Decider and hear from @fret_gurglo about whatever he wants to convince me to do with Protective Strike here.
As for Protective Strike, it was discussed in Hudson's thread to allow it to be used if an adjacent ally is engaged in addition to the power owner (Battle Cat, in this case). It would significantly increase the power level of this power and most likely make the d20 number go up. Unless this is a path you want, I think it would become too powerful (or useless if the number goes too high) for Hudson and will probably keep it as is.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 20th, 2023, 09:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So are we planning to change all the other things like this. Old Lace, Rover, Hawkeye SkyCycle, etc? Those all have the figure just standing next to the thing they are riding after it moves.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 21st, 2023, 06:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
So are we planning to change all the other things like this. Old Lace, Rover, Hawkeye SkyCycle, etc? Those all have the figure just standing next to the thing they are riding after it moves.
I don't think we had vehicles worked out when any of those were made, so it's certainly an option. In 2.0, the precedent so far is Iron Giant, so I'm following that here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2023, 06:39 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Quote:
Maybe we should just adjust No Cover to act like Open Cover and allow adjacency?
Unless there are going to be VDOs that provide no cover and there is a reason the operator cannot be adjacent to other figures, I don't see a reason not to make the switch (other than time and effort).

Quote:
Seems like I need to take that one to the Decider and hear from @fret_gurglo about whatever he wants to convince me to do with Protective Strike here.
As for Protective Strike, it was discussed in Hudson's thread to allow it to be used if an adjacent ally is engaged in addition to the power owner (Battle Cat, in this case). It would significantly increase the power level of this power and most likely make the d20 number go up. Unless this is a path you want, I think it would become too powerful (or useless if the number goes too high) for Hudson and will probably keep it as is.
On the first point, please chime into the Decider thread where it's being discussed.

I'm a little muddled on the Protective Strike point ... are you wanting a change here or no? I'm fine either way and can adjust things on Battle Cat to figure out his points as we go. If you'd prefer to keep the current version, we can do that. If you want to make the above tweak, just post the wording you like and I'm happy to roll with it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2023, 09:54 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm a little muddled on the Protective Strike point ... are you wanting a change here or no? I'm fine either way and can adjust things on Battle Cat to figure out his points as we go. If you'd prefer to keep the current version, we can do that. If you want to make the above tweak, just post the wording you like and I'm happy to roll with it.
I'm planning on running some more tests tonight. Can I let you know after? That way I can gauge how powerful it would be to strike through all adjacent allies.

My current reward points
Old September 21st, 2023, 11:56 AM

Sure. I have Misty and Wonder Woman lined up before this guy anyway.

Old September 22nd, 2023, 10:39 AM

OK, Decider wasn't all about making rulebook changes, so I'm not going to worry about that here. I think I like him best as gettng partial cover from Battle Cat's big harness and the idea that he's speeding along. He-Man is a melee figure, so he'll want to get down to attack anyway, but partial cover and the other mechanics should pair well with He-Man trying to deflect projectiles from hitting either him or Battle Cat. So I'm going to keep that ability as is. Nothing should stop people who do other mounts and what not from going the Motorcycle route if they want, though.

I looked in on Hudson's thread and I think the ability there is just going in directions I'm not really feeling for this design, so I'll just let fret have the power title and change this to Vigilant Strike in the name of going forward. If Battle Cat is near an ally (which works especially well if someone's riding on his back) he's extra vigilant and ready to strike. Not really about limiting it to once per turn or giving Battle Cat the reach to affect figures he's not adjacent to.

So the proposal for the initial continues with nothing changed in the OP other than an ability title. I've got yea's from T and Karat so far. Can I get two more?

Old September 22nd, 2023, 12:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old September 22nd, 2023, 02:29 PM
Ninja Playtester

yea

My current reward points
Old September 22nd, 2023, 02:39 PM

This passes. I should have him next up after Misty.

Old September 24th, 2023, 11:10 PM

Re: Battle Cat - Initial Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: BATTLE CAT
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Team Test
Map: SACRED SHRINE (mid revision)
Units: Ram Man (180), Man-E-Faces (150), Stratos (150), He-Man (320), Battle Cat (200) (1000) vs Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner, Radioactive Man (1000)
Unit Summary: Touch match up for the Masters of Evil here, especially on Sacred Shrine where the pillars really complemented knockback well. Battle Cat and Ram Man helped He-Man to not be targeted too early and his big attacks shone as a result. Battle Cat pounced on Zemo early and He-Man’s magical attacks tore through Enchantress. Executioner did what he could in end game, but couldn’t close the gap. Dice and match up and map all favored the MotU here.
Game Summary
Spoiler Alert!
  • Damage Done (Normal Attack): Inflicted [4] wounds on [Zemo [4]]
  • CHAMPION’S MOUNT: Mounts included [He-Man]; stat boost was on for [2] turns
  • COURAGEOUS CHARGE: Used to place allies [1] times and rolled [1] damage dice for [1] wounds on [Zemo [1]]
  • VIGILANT STRIKE 13: Rolled [0] times
Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Man-E-Faces with Full Life and He-Man with 5/6 Life win.
Unit Summary: The Trinity had the attack power here to go all-in on picking off members of the Masters of the Universe. Battle Cat had a couple of moments, but didn’t roll well enough to swing things here.
Game Summary
Spoiler Alert!
  • Damage Done (Normal Attack): Inflicted [3] wounds on [Batman [3]]
  • CHAMPION’S MOUNT: Mounts included [He-Man]; stat boost was on for [3] turns
  • COURAGEOUS CHARGE: Used to place allies [1] times and rolled [1] damage dice for [1] wounds on [Batman [1]]
  • VIGILANT STRIKE 13: Rolled [1] times for [0] wounds
Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Superman with 5/7 Life and Wonder Woman with 4/6 Life win.
UNIT SUMMARY: A big win and a big loss here. Battle Cat feels like he’s playing about right for his points. I’m happy to move him forward as-is. I think some of the finer points of strategy with him should shine more once the story card comes along.

Old September 24th, 2023, 11:11 PM

Re: Battle Cat - VOTE 4 Public Playtesting

I propose we move this guy to Public Playtesting

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database