Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2022, 07:51 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Learn2Play in Lincoln, NE (Seriously)

I know what you're thinking: A Learn to Play event? I'm already a master at this game!
But hear me out.

A gaming café recently opened in Lincoln, NE called Mana Games. I connected with the owners about slotting Heroscape into one of their events called Learn 2 Play to increase some exposure in the area for the beloved game. However, after our initial meeting (during which we mostly played Heroscape), I learned that they'd be happy to have players of all level join, regardless of the skill level. I know that there was a tournament up in Omaha last fall hosted by @GAR anex, so there are players in the area. If you want a super chill, inclusive gaming space with access to fantastic sweet tea, come to the Learn 2 Play! I know this is very late notice and not a super convenient date, but it all came together very quickly. There will be at least 1 knowledgeable player there (myself) along with a co-owner who now has some experience, so you could help teach new players, or, if there are enough 'Scapers, have a sort of unofficial 'mini-tournament' with a casual format.

If that's not enough, there's an ice cream store next door.

Now that I've surely convinced you, here are the event details:

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
6pm-10pm with new games and rolling demonstrations every hour
Signups are through Warhorn here. This preregistration is not required but it will really help us out. In the comments on the registration, drop you HS handle
*Note: You will have to make a Warhorn account (it's free)

701 P St SUITE 102
Lincoln, NE 68508

The building is a large tan building in the Haymarket district, on the south end of the cobblestone street. There is parking on that street, the Haymarket district, or there is a parking lot just southwest of the building.

Entry fee: $5
This is the daily entry fee to Mana games. You are welcome to come early to make the most of it if you are off work before then. Food will not be provided; there is a variety of restaurants within walking distance, the ice cream shop Ivana Cone in the same building (highly recommend), and of course drinks available from Mana Games. Because this is not a tournament, there won't be any prizes available other than the joy of rolling 0/9 with the DW9K. However, I'm hoping this event goes well, the community grows in the area, and it paves the way for a future yearly or even semi-annual tournament at Mana.

Format:
This is where things get murky. Because pre-registration is not required, really anyone who comes to the store and is interested and can get involved. As such, my current intention is to use Burnout maps to field as many as possible. Assuming my collection is the only one used, I'll have the ability to create all of the Burnout maps on @SirHeroscape 's Burnout thread. (If anyone has more small map suggestions I am looking!).

The armies will then be in the Burnout format (300pts, 10 fig limit) but instead players will just play one game with an army, then rotate through the maps, getting a large variety of units, strategies, maps, etc. If there is enough interest, we may have to look at some terrain support.

Mana Games has a small input, but for the most part they've already trusted me to run the event as I see fit. This would make me the youngest HS event director in history (I'm 23--can anyone fact check this? ). As such, I'd be also looking for feedback, especially on the format. I'd love to host a tournament with prizes and such in the future, so I welcome any and all suggestions as I feel totally clueless! I've read the stickied threads and they've helped some, but again, I'd welcome any and all advice from pillars of the community.

If you made it this far, thank you! And if you've made it this far and are in the NE area, I would love to see you at the event!
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Learn2Play in Lincoln, NE (Seriously)

Good luck running the events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
This would make me the youngest HS event director in history (I'm 23--can anyone fact check this? ).
Haha, I'm sure I beat you on that! I hosted my first event in 2010, and I was 17!

@NecroBlade

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1189
Old March 22nd, 2022, 10:35 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Tuesday evening isn’t really great for us “Omaha” guys. We’ve got a bit of a local scene still when all us old guys are able to make it. @Garenex was talking about a spring tourney. I know he’s been busy with real life lately but I’m sure he’s still planning on that. Otherwise we still do game days from time to time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 23rd, 2022, 07:49 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Good luck running the events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
This would make me the youngest HS event director in history (I'm 23--can anyone fact check this? ).
Haha, I'm sure I beat you on that! I hosted my first event in 2010, and I was 17!

@NecroBlade

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1189
Haha that’s amazing!
Old March 23rd, 2022, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Tuesday evening isn’t really great for us “Omaha” guys. We’ve got a bit of a local scene still when all us old guys are able to make it. @Garenex was talking about a spring tourney. I know he’s been busy with real life lately but I’m sure he’s still planning on that. Otherwise we still do game days from time to time.
Good to know. I sort of figured. Hopefully the event garners enough interest that Mana would be willing to host a tournament at a more convenient date/time in the future.
Old March 27th, 2022, 09:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hope the event goes well!
Old March 28th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Hope the event goes well!
Thank you! About one week until the event, so I'm not nervous just yet
Old April 7th, 2022, 12:21 PM

Update on the event:
The event went well! We ended up with four including myself, and so we played one large game on @Br1an 's Alcanza Ruins map. I took a few pictures at the end, the dwarf/orc team managed to take down the Nilf/Greenscales/Krug/Stinger team.

Mana Games was super friendly and they are open to a tournament sometime in June or July. Omaha folks, keep an eye out for another posting sometime in the next few months. The Lincoln group is growing, so I think we could have a good showing, especially now that I've got a good relationship built with the store.

I cannot figure out how to put images into a post so use this link if you want to see the few photos I took: https://imgur.com/gallery/Oc4pQ0F

Last edited by ryguy266; April 7th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events