Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old July 18th, 2019, 01:28 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
I liked that venue a lot, although Quillon felt it was a bit crowded. Overstimulation, I suppose. But I really dug it.
It's a nice place. Most game stores tend to get that crowded I find. Which is good news for the hobby I guess!

Indeed. I wrote a short blog post about the gameday on Sunday, if anyone's interested.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
I guess he just randomly stumbled on us? How crazy is that? It's fate, I tells ya.
Yeah. He saw me setting up maps and said "Ooh! Heroscape! I used to play that!"
I really respect his just coming up to us and joining in. I hope he finds his way here to the forums as well.

Quote:
I'm up for whatever. Maybe a mega-battle? I do miss those.
I would love to do a mega-battle. Just not sure how to keep the tourney aspect of it along with that approach. (To be clear, I'm not personally married to the whole tournament angle. But I know it's an important thing for others, so, you know ... I go with the flow. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 18th, 2019, 02:10 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not married to the tournament angle either really. I know it isn't DMan's jam either. I think it made more sense when the game was still live or recently dead and there was official prize support and whatnot. I think we can come up with something.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old July 18th, 2019, 02:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm game for whatever. I think multiplayer free-for-alls are great, if that's of more interest.
Old July 21st, 2019, 02:00 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So it's more down to what @warriorneedsfoodbadly and @Leotheanimal87 want to do, yeah? I'm certainly down for more wackiness than structure ... to me, one of the main draws of 'Scape has always been its wackiness.

So it seems like we have a majority. But I do think it's fair to at least ask the rest of the potential participants for their thoughts.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Let's talk about NHSD!

When is everybody free?
Old August 29th, 2019, 12:13 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Let's talk about NHSD!

When is everybody free?
At least currently, I'm not aware of any conflicts for any of the weekends in October on our end. So I think we're pretty flexible.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:03 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't do the 13th and would have to leave early on the 12th or 5th. I probably shouldn't do the 19th but I was able to work around that event last year I think.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 7th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

So how about the 26th? That gives us plenty of time and doesn't conflict with any of hivelord's dates.

But we should really try to nail down the date pretty soon. Let me try a summoning spell ...

Regulars: @warriorneedsfoodbadly @Leotheanimal87 @Detrimentalman

Everyone else who's posted in the thread in the past year and a half or so : @quizzcode @DjKniteX @CharosInCharge @Oh Freek @Alastair MacDirk @jesus20456 @The Silver King @SipNTheSauce @Garada @WreakLoosE @michaeltaylor

I'm actually not entirely sure that we're sending out emails right now, so I dunno if that'll work, but it's at least worth a try.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 7th, 2019, 11:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

Should work for me.
Old September 10th, 2019, 10:46 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

My October is fairly busy. Do Sunday’s work at all? I may be able to come and leave early on the 26th.

Always in favor of non-tournament play.

PS no email notification, but hivelord helped summon me.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old September 11th, 2019, 11:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

Sundays are no good for me, but I'm only one person and I just went to the last event, so if a Sunday would work better for more people I'd totally understand if you went that way.
Old September 12th, 2019, 01:57 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
My October is fairly busy. Do Sunday’s work at all?
My family and I can always do Sundays, though no one else ever seems to want to go for it. (And, to be fair, I think there's at least one member of our extended crew that can't do Sundays either.)

Quote:
Always in favor of non-tournament play.
Whereas I'm always ambivalent.

Quote:
PS no email notification, but hivelord helped summon me.
The lack of email disturbs me a bit; I'm going to have quozl look into it a bit closer, and, if there's no immediate solution, I may cheat and use my admin powers to look up email addresses and send people direct emails.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers