Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 5th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Faction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think that should be fine. Definitely don't think I'll be running with any of these designs as-is right now (maybe Daken Wolverine) and it's not a huge priority for me.
Alright, cool.

Thought that was the case, but didn't want to just go ahead and do it without checking.

(I may also try and update the OP at some point, to keep track of new brainstorming)
Old March 5th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Faction Thread

Moved! @MrNobody here's the Dark Avengers thread, if we want to get some faction discussion going.

EDIT: Updated the OP to track characters
Old March 5th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Dark Avengers/Cabal/H.A.M.M.E.R. Workshop

One idea in my head for the Cabal - Rulers, Masterminds, and Tricksters makes a good parallel to Kings, Visionaries, and Sorcerers.
Old March 5th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Symbiotic

Mostly like that set, but I'd think Crime Lords would have to be in the mix - The Hood is probably the guy I want in there most.

Hard to neatly loop Namor and Emma in, but then they weren't exactly true believers.
Old March 5th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel 10th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #016 / Thor.
NAME = RAGNAROK
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = INSECURE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

UNSTABLE CLONE 3
Ragnarok has the species of Clone in addition to what is listed on this card. If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary or permanent control of Ragnarok, that player may add 3 to the roll.

WARRIOR MADNESS 3
If Ragnarok attacks with his normal attack and does not roll any blanks, Ragnarok must attack again with his normal attack. Ragnarok must continue attacking with his normal attack until he rolls at least one blank or there are no figures he can attack. Ragnarok cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - Created by Pro-Registration scientists during the superhero Civil War, Ragnarok wasn't quite the perfect copy of Thor that they intended. The clone proved to be an unstable berserker, believing itself to be the real Thor, and infamously killed Goliath in combat. Ragnarok was defeated by Hercules, but was later repaired. It was defeated for the second time by the genuine Thor, after it learned of his existence and confronted him in Asgard. Ragnarok was repaired for a second time and, still claiming to be the original Thor despite his knowledge to the contrary, he joined Norman Osborn's second team of Dark Avengers.
Another design that I don't seem to have in the public anywhere?

Ragnarok was a member of Osborn's second Dark Avengers team, so he's relevant here. My original draft of Warrior Madness worked more like Canary's power, but I switched it to the 'no blanks' version to make it so that attack-boosters were slightly less of an obvious drafting buddy (adding more dice makes the multi-attack harder instead of easier with that version).
Old March 5th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That’s sweet!
Old March 5th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is what I had for Sentry. I know spidey is taking on the character in a more complex way.

Name = Sentry
Secret Identity = Robert Reynolds
Species = Mutate
Uniqueness = Unique Hero
Class = Adventurer
Personality = Tormented

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 400??

THE VOID
Before taking a turn with Sentry, roll a twenty sided die. Subtract 1 from your roll for each empty adjacent space to Sentry. If you roll a 1 or lower choose an opponent to take an immediate turn with Sentry. Your turn immediately ends.

INTO THE SUN
Once per game, after moving and instead of attacking, choose one figure engaged with Sentry that does not have the Flying special power. Place that figure and Sentry on any empty spaces on the battlefield. Roll 5 unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

HAWKEYE
-It seems less fun that Bullseye with a bow has the exact same stats as Bullseye that throws stuff. I think playing around with the range/attack stats on him could be fun.
-Which seems more accurate, a "going off the rails causes bad PR" ability, or a "becomes a threat to teammates" ability?

MS. MARVEL
-Still dig this write-up like I did last time I saw it.
-Only thought I have is to wonder if -1 defense is a strong enough downside, but I honestly don't know.

WOLVERINE
-It seems like a mistake to leave out his pheromone powers, but I don't know what you could really cut to fit them in.
-Reading Wikipedia right now it says Daken's healing works differently than Logan's. I don't really remember that, but I didn't read a crazy amount of Daken.

SPIDER-MAN
-This is probably the original DA I have the poorest grasp on. Never read his mini and never really got what he was supposed to be like other than "turns back into Venom and loses control every issue"
-Oh look, a design for him that turns back into Venom and loses control!
-It feels weird to have a Spidey without a web swing, but Slinger does a nice job of covering what is basically the same ground.

VENOM
-Feels about right from what I've seen of the character in DA and anywhere else.

RAGNAROK
-Another guy I don't have much experience with, but I've seen him pop up here and there. Seems like a good take from what I know. A potential 3 attacks of 6 is scary.
-Does he have any lightning powers?

SENTRY
-I really dig the general direction here (big stats, a Void power and a ultraviolent attack power) but I'm not entirely sold on the specifics of the powers.
-Is his Agoraphobia the best thing to key to key the Void trigger off of? I'd personally rather see it based off of wounds (stress of the battle) or if an OM was revealed on his card or not (being manipulated by others messes him up) or something of that nature.
-Is Marcu Esenwein-esque betrayal bonding the best way to represent the Void? I feel like in his current state it then just becomes a game of each player trying to rush to throw people into the sun. (Can ITS be used once by each player or once in general?) One of my ideas for Shade was that you would place a wound on the figure you control closest to Shade. What if something like that was implemented, either on its own or as a combination with the the opponent being able to take turns?
-I wouldn't mind seeing Into The Sun change a bit either. Thematically, Sentry basically just does Fatalities. He throws people into space or he rips them in half or whatever he feels like doing. Once he does it, they're pretty much always dead. So what if it was something he could do multiple times a game, but it was more of a brutal execution? Idk, I have no problem with it either way, just figured I'd throw the idea out there.
-Class-wise, what would we want to go with? Champion maybe? Guardian? Or maybe something a bit less positive?

I don't actually have a better idea than ITS atm (again, I don’t really have a problem with it), so here's what I'm thinking...any thoughts? Did I just make it worse?
Spoiler Alert!

@Spidey'tilIDie I've heard you have a Sentry as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited by MrNobody; March 5th, 2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old March 5th, 2019, 11:54 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
HAWKEYE
-It seems less fun that Bullseye with a bow has the exact same stats as Bullseye that throws stuff. I think playing around with the range/attack stats on him could be fun.
-Which seems more accurate, a "going off the rails causes bad PR" ability, or a "becomes a threat to teammates" ability?
I definitely remember him as a guy that was kind of a PR threat. Just, no ability to keep his act together whatsoever. Not sure how to represent that in gameplay terms, though.

Agreed that I wouldn't mind seeing him with maybe a little more range and a little less attack, though.

Quote:
MS. MARVEL
-Still dig this write-up like I did last time I saw it.
-Only thought I have is to wonder if -1 defense is a strong enough downside, but I honestly don't know.
I think -1 to defense is definitely significant, especially for a figure you have two OMs invested in. (Assuming it's Norman, you know, there's a lot riding on him)

Quote:
WOLVERINE
-It seems like a mistake to leave out his pheromone powers, but I don't know what you could really cut to fit them in.
-Reading Wikipedia right now it says Daken's healing works differently than Logan's. I don't really remember that, but I didn't read a crazy amount of Daken.
I do seem to remember Daken doing a lot of 'using his pheromone powers to mess with teammates' type of stuff. I don't remember his healing being so different, so I'd probably stick with the stock Healing Factor X.

Quote:
SPIDER-MAN
-This is probably the original DA I have the poorest grasp on. Never read his mini and never really got what he was supposed to be like other than "turns back into Venom and loses control every issue"
-Oh look, a design for him that turns back into Venom and loses control!
-It feels weird to have a Spidey without a web swing, but Slinger does a nice job of covering what is basically the same ground.

VENOM
-Feels about right from what I've seen of the character in DA and anywhere else.
Flipping out and turning into Giant Venom is his main deal, yeah. I skipped Swing Line on the Spider-Man version because between that and the 'Venom flip-out' stuff, there wasn't really room for anything else. And I didn't think there would be a lot of draw to him if he was just a slight life extender. I went with the Web Slinger ability to give him some offensive pop.

Quote:
RAGNAROK
-Another guy I don't have much experience with, but I've seen him pop up here and there. Seems like a good take from what I know. A potential 3 attacks of 6 is scary.
-Does he have any lightning powers?
He does do lightning, I just didn't focus on it here, and let the warrior madness stuff carry the card. If we wanted to play it up, I might just try and keep the card clean and up his Range to 2-3 so he could get in a non-adjacent attack if he wanted. (EDIT: I'd restrict Madness to working on adjacent attacks only in that case)

Last edited by Ronin; March 6th, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth - I have a separate Daken-as-Daken in mind that would have pheremones rather than a "liability" power. But if we can come up with some sort of power that dovetails the two, it would be interesting... not sure what it would look like.
Old March 6th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Idk I feel like it could almost be as simple as something similar to Shredder's antagonizing presence. That would cover the risk/reward dynamic we have going on without being anything too crazy.

I thought about Hawkeye for a little bit and this is what I came up with. Not exactly sold on it yet, the class change thing is a bit wonky. But it represents him throwing the team into trouble by being too brutal. I think it'll help him play well with Osborn's team, since so far they don't really seem to rely on class synergies anyways.
Spoiler Alert!

I've also come up with two Ares drafts, one based on what @Zettian Juggernaut had but adapted to fit with Iron Patriot, and the other that is more my brainchild and an adaptation of what I posted in the Public Design thread. To me, Ares was pretty much the only stable influence on the whole team so I leaned into him being the one guy who could help manage the chaos of the rest of the members.

The ZJ-esque draft
Spoiler Alert!

The MN draft
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 19th, 2019, 02:01 AM
Just A Head

So after mulling it over, I feel like a really good angle for HawkBullseye would be focusing on his psychopathic streak. He has a compulsion to kill, and when Osborn isn't giving him the chance to satisfy that urge he'll run off on his own and just start killing anyways.
Quote:

NAME = HAWKEYE
SECRET IDENTITY = LESTER ???

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = PRECISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

DEADLY AIM
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Hawkeye, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for a figure attacked by Hawkeye's Deadly Aim, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

PSYCHOPATHIC DRIVE
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers and if Hawkeye has not inflicted a wound this round, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Hawkeye, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Psychopathic Drive, Hawkeye must attack 2 times with his normal attack, if possible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy