Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of the Greenscale Warriors

But Charos only gets one attack which doesn't enhance the squad all that much...I think Nilf is definitely the safest choice. He's beefy enough to survive for a awhile but also has a good multi attack. The more fragile Mimring, Zel and Braxas can be devastating but are highly situational.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

But Nilf's multi-attack is limited because he has to stay close to the Greenies.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why does he have to stay close? So they get their +1 A/D? I think the Greenies need to be played more aggressively than that,
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
But Charos only gets one attack which doesn't enhance the squad all that much...I think Nilf is definitely the safest choice. He's beefy enough to survive for a awhile but also has a good multi attack. The more fragile Mimring, Zel and Braxas can be devastating but are highly situational.

Brandon
While I don't really disagree with anything else you had to say in the post, I'd like to point out that Zel and Nilf have the exact same survivability. Saying that Zel is more "fragile" than Nilf seems... well wrong.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
Quote:

Brandon
While I don't really disagree with anything else you had to say in the post, I'd like to point out that Zel and Nilf have the exact same survivability. Saying that Zel is more "fragile" than Nilf seems... well wrong.
Only you're more likely to kamikaze with Zelrig to take out half of your opponent's units while still in the start zone.
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Brandon
Only you're more likely to kamikaze with Zelrig to take out half of your opponent's units while still in the start zone.
Granted... but that's a choice that gets to be made player by player. And still doesn't make him more or less fragile. If you Kamikazed in with Nilf he'd last the same length of time that Zel did (again in terms of survivability).

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Why does he have to stay close? So they get their +1 A/D? I think the Greenies need to be played more aggressively than that,
If he doesn't stay close, I'm probably going to ignore the Greenies and go straight for Nilf. I'm not worried very much about a 3-man, 2/3 squad.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
If he doesn't stay close, I'm probably going to ignore the Greenies and go straight for Nilf. I'm not worried very much about a 3-man, 2/3 squad.
But it's the Greenies that you want to stay close to Nilf, then. Either way, you should be ignoring Greenies and going for the dragon, and you shouldn't be giving up Ice Shards to give +1/+1 to the Greenies. Greenies should tie up threats be they close to Nilf or somewhere he can fly and Ice next turn. That way they increase his survivability, and you should be getting as many attacks as possible, be they with 3 dice or 2.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Brandon
Good point, KC. I guess what I was trying to say is that Zel's effectiveness dwindles over time as your opponent spaces out his forces more and more.

Because of this, Zel is more likely to outrun the greenscales in an attempt to "get while the getting is good", thus leaving himself exposed to enemy counterattacks without support. Thus dying and leaving the greenscales without support later in the game.

I guess that's what I meant by "fragile."

EDIT: Uuuhhhh...what Sujoah said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblade
and you shouldn't be giving up Ice Shards to give +1/+1 to the Greenies.

As long as you keep your greenscales between Nilf and his potential targets, he can stay close to them and Ice Shard just fine. If there are targets a littel ways away, fly Nilf within range but leave a space for the Greenscales to fill in and finish off anything that he doesn' kill ( or screen for next turn).

At any rate, my point still stands: If you're going into a fight blind, use Nilf with the Greenscales. Zel, Mimring and Braxas are situational, so if you're facing heavy squads or whatever, you might try using one of them. And I can think of very few situations where Charros would be my Lizard King of choice...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; July 20th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Another way of pulling it off is to spread out the GS so that wherever Nilfeim goes, he's boosting them.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroblade
and you shouldn't be giving up Ice Shards to give +1/+1 to the Greenies.

As long as you keep your greenscales between Nilf and his potential targets, he can stay close to them and Ice Shard just fine. If there are targets a littel ways away, fly Nilf within range but leave a space for the Greenscales to fill in and finish off anything that he doesn' kill ( or screen for next turn).
Right, against melee units. Against range, you have to engage. My point was, though, that three special ranged attacks of 4 is better than three melee normal attacks of 3 (except against the Krav).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't really see how Mimring is too fragile. If you use intercepters the Greenies and Fireline/attack of 4 should keep any figures from coming into your little valley of doom. Then, if your foe does send their figs in, Mimring can be played like a ranged figure same as always...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units