Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Dayton Tournament Results, August 23

The event thread is at: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19411

For those not present, the theme was 510 point armies with all units being the same race.

The Armies:

1st - outforblood - Human army: Kaemon Awa, 3xMicrocorp Agents, Shaolin Monks, Otonashi

2nd - Mike Kesler - Marro army: Marro Hive, 5xMarro Stingers, Marrow Drudge

3rd - Father of Julian - Soulborg army: Major Q9, Major Q10, 2xDeathreavers, Blastatrons(470 points)

4th - Wildeyed buckcat - Kyrie army (Angels & Demons): Concan, Raelin, Sentinels of Jandar, 2xMinions of Utgar (490 points)

5th - Superflytnt - Human army: Shaolin Monks, Tagawa Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samurai, Tarn Viking Warriors

6th - KCU Master 2007 - Elf army: Sonlen, Morsbane, Syvarris, Arkmer, 2xWarriors of Ashra

7th - Princie - Elf army: Sonlen, Ulginesh, Syvarris, Arkmer, Warriors of Ashra

8th - Julian - Human army: Sgt. Drake Alexander (new), Eldgrim the Viking Warrior, Airborne Elite, 2xMicrocorp Agents

9th - Steve Offord - Marro army: Marro Hive, Su-Bak-Na, 2xMarro Stingers, Marro Warrior (490 points)

10th - Stuward - Soulborg army: Major Q9, Deathwalker 8000, 2xBlastatrons, Gladiatrons

11th - Josh North - Human army: Agent Carr, Airborne Elite, Kozuke Samurai, Krav Maga Agents, Microcorp Agents

12th - Opal - Marro army: Su-Bak-Na, Me-Burq-Sa, 4xMarro Stingers, 2xMarrden Nagrubs

13th - Jessica Martin - Soulborg army: Major Q9, Major Q10, Zettian Guards, 2xDeathreavers (480 points)

14th - Jonathan - Undead army: Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Iskra Esenwein, Rechets of Bogdan, Marcu Esenwein, 2xZombies of Morindan (435 points)

For each round, the matches are listed - [W] denotes the winner, and [L###] is the loser, with ### losing points for the match.

Round 1:
outforblood [L390] vs. Father of Julian [W] on Flood Waters
Mike Kesler [W] vs. Wildeyed buckcat [L190] on Einar's Maze
Superflytnt [W] vs. Princie [L370] on The Crooked Path
KCU Master 2007 [W] vs. Stuward [L393] on Fettid Springs
Julian [W] vs. Opal [L500] on Attack of the Twin Hives
Steve Offord [L150] vs. Jessica Martin [W] on Burning Bridge
Josh North [W] vs. Jonathan [L435] on Twin Bridges

Round 2:
outforblood [W] vs. Stuward [L397] on Twin Bridges
Father of Julian [W] vs. Jessica Martin [L215] on Einar's Maze
Mike Kesler [W] vs. Opal [L448] on The Fire Pit
Wildeyed buckcat [W] vs. Steve Offord [L325] on Fettid Springs
Superflytnt [W] vs. Jonathon [L108] on Attack of the Twin Hives
Princie [W] vs. Josh North [L150] on Burning Bridge
KCU Master 2007 [L110] vs. Julian [W] on Sunken Fortress

Round 3:
outforblood [W] vs. Princie [L62] on The Fire Pit
Stuward [L420] vs. Opal [W] on Ice Spires
Father of Julian [W] vs. Superflytnt [L390] on Gunnar's Gap
Jessica Martin [L336] vs. Wildeyed buckcat [W] on The Crooked Path
Mike Kesler [W] vs. Julian [L220] on Flood Waters
Steve Offord [W] vs. Josh North [L254] on Attack of the Twin Hives
Jonathan [L167] vs. KCU Master 2007 [W] on Einar's Maze

Round 4:
outforblood [W] vs. Superflytnt [L300] on Einar's Maze
Princie [W] vs. Jonathan [L162] on Ice Spires
Stuward [W] vs. Josh North [L120] on The Fire Pit
Opal [L324] vs. KCU Master 2007 [W] on The Crooked Path
Father of Julian [L187] vs. Mike Kesler [W] on Twin Bridges
Jessica Martin [L234] vs. Steve Offord [W] on Flood Waters
Wildeyed buckcat [W] vs. Julian [L134] on Gunnar's Gap

Round 5:
outforblood [W] vs. Mike Kesler [L420] on Ice Spires
Superflytnt [W] vs. Julian [L345] on Burning Bridge
Princie [W] vs. Opal [L330] on Fettid Springs
Jonathan [L60] vs. Stuward [W] on Sunken Fortress
Josh North [W] vs. Jessica Martin [L423] on Attack of the Twin Hives
KCU Master 2007 [L348] vs. Wildeyed buckcat [W] on The Fire Pit
Father of Julian [W] vs. Steve Offord [L200] on The Crooked Path

I was pleased to see a decent mix of races; and especially pleased to see both elf armies place in the top half. They had the same win/loss record and the same SoS, so it came down to losing points for the tiebreaker (and only 26 points difference there). Go elves!

Lots of fun, like Morsbane negating Cyprien (always good to see the plucky little guy succeed) and Q9s dying all over the place (they seldom survived a fight).

A lot of matches ran to time this tournament; I think it was because there was so little synergy in the armies. Something I'll have to keep in mind next time when choosing the theme... if it encourages slow armies, we may have to start a little earlier (11:30, say) and I'll have to make certain I can get virtually all of the setup done the day before.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com

Last edited by Marduk; August 25th, 2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:24 AM

Wildeyed_buckcat is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: Dayton Tournament Results, August 23

Wildeyed_buckcat, aka Brad W, here (Angels and Demons army). Marduk, thanks for the great tournament! I believe that this is the best I have ever done in a tournament, even though I placed out of medal contention (sorry, my wife and I have been watching WAY TOO much of the Olympics). All but one of my games (the one I lost) were close through the very end with me wondering what I was thinking bringing the army I brought.

Thoughts going into the day: you know the old Wal-Mart slogan "Watch for falling prices"? Mine was watch for slow moving armies (mainly me).

Thoughts after the day: Overall a pretty decent army, I can't think of any major tactical mistakes that I would do differently if given the chance again. Majorly annoying units against this army, Warriors of Ashra and Microcorp Agents.

Now let's see what I remember about the games (please, opponents feel free to correct me).

Game 1, Loss Mike, Marro Army
This game started out really good for me. The first wave of stingers went down quick to the Minions. But then all of a sudden the stingers were pumping themselves and not having any problems. Even the Sentinals went down pretty fast. I don't think it helped that Mike held a defense +1 glyph for most of the game.

Game 2, Win Steve, Marro Army
I looked across the board and saw another hive army and I almost ran the other way. Ended up sticking it out and enjoying every minute of it. Steve was a really enjoyable opponent. This game started out pretty bad for me. As I remember, I believe the first wave of minions didn't make it past the halfway mark on the board before getting wiped out. Decided to go for a glyph and didn't regret it as it was a defense +1. Think I held it for most of the game. Personal highlight was wiping out Su-bak-na while only losing one character to him.

Game 3, Win Jessica, Soulborg army
Again, was not feeling terribly confident about my chances, but then I remembered seeing the "Don't fear the Reavers" shirts on the boards from GenCon last year, and knew I would be o.k. I think I had taken out a full squad of reavers before my first character left the board. As I had heard from reading other battle reports, Q9 was a beast and I believe took out about half of my army before going down. Considered myself very lucky to get Q10 before he even got out of the starting gates.

Game 4, Win Julian, Human Army
Was actually feeling reasonably confident before this one and ended up getting in the fight of my life (before the next game). Those two squads of MicroCorp just did not want to die! At one point a microcorp walked away from two minions and rolled for fall damage and survived . The airborn elite did a lot of damage, I believe taking out all of the Sentinals and a squad of Minions as well (although I do consider myself lucky that the grenade only took out maybe one of my characters). Did get to take advantage of a couple of times where ALL order markers were stacked on a squad and I eliminated the squad before the end of the round.

Game 5, Win KCU Master 2007, Elf Army
Had another moment of wanting to run for the hills when I saw two squads of Warriors of Ashra on the other side of the board. At first it was not looking good for me. I think the warriors took out a squad of Minions early on. Decided to go after them with the Sentinals who actually did much better. At some point during all of that Syvarris decided to show up and start shooting up Raelin who got down to 1 life. Managed to get a focused attack and knock out Syvarris. Then I sent the second squad of Minions after Morsbane and Arkmer before either of them really got out of the starting gate and came back and mopped up the Warriors.

Had an excellent time thanks for all the good games.
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Dayton Tournament Results, August 23

Hay Marduk, outforblood also had a pack of Shaolin Monks on his team that you missed on page 1.

Anyone looking for my play-by-play can check out my blog here at Heroscapers.com.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
Hay Marduk, outforblood also had a pack of Shaolin Monks on his team that you missed on page 1.
I thought they were ninjas, so I didn't see them. Corrected now.

Edit: Turns out I also had Jonathan using three squads of zombies when he only had two. Well, I did make the comment that the paint job on the monks' skin made them look a bit like zombies, so now we now where outforblood's monks went.

Last edited by Marduk; August 25th, 2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old August 25th, 2008, 06:06 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

(I'll keep this short and out of order)All I got to say is, it feels good to take the win! Everyone put up a hell of a fight, especially that Father of Julianha ha, with his damn Q-9/Q-10/roborats army(I lost that one)... Superflytnt had me on my toes also, but I think I had the advantage from past experience playing on Einar's maze. Stuward was a bad mo-fo with his glad/blast/Q-9 army, that was the second Q-9 I had to take down, TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATING! Then came Princie with her Elves, my Microcorps mopped the floor with 'em!
Syvarris did do a little damage...
Then it all came down to me vs. Mike "the Wookie" Kesler for first place, I seriously thought I was finished, I had to take on x5 Stingers, some Marro Drudges, and that god forsaken hive, I hardly made it out of my starting zone...I had more than half of my army wiped out before I began, but then the tables started to turn after I got some height and stealth armor started kicking in, my Microcorp took care of most of the Stingers, My Monks finally got to see some action also, lucky enough to reach the hive and leave a wound, that didn't last long...his remaining Stingers all had height and picked them off. But little did he know I had Kaemon Awa creeping up on his ass...I quick released his remaining Stingers and Drudges, and took out that hive, only to hear his cry of defeat that echoed throughout the city of Fairborn with an Earth shattering F-bomb! I'm sure everyone in the building had to of heard that. One word: Epic.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; August 27th, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM

soup is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

KCU Master 2007 I see you are a big agent skahen winner, will you build you next army around her?
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

I thought about it, but I think I'm either going to tweak my elves a little bit or play a Jandar based army (Gilbert and his Knights feel like I abandoned them...)

If all goes well, I think Jessica might be taking a Skahen army to NHSD in Louisville, but I just don't know yet. I don't have another chance to play until Sunday and Skahen probably won't be here until then. Who knows.

Great tourny Marduk, I know I won't be able to make the next one simply because that would have to be 3 weekends off work in a row (fall break is the weak after NHSD and I have to go home for that) but me and Jess will be there for that one no doubt.

See whoever is there on Oct. 18th.

EDIT: Welcome to the boards Soup, I feel so honored to be the subject of your first post
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I've got an exact repro card of Skahen and I just bought a second pack of Agents/Glads to do the paint job! One of the Glads is going to be beheaded on my new dice tower...details in another thread!

I am really thinking of playing Skahen, but I am torn...I really want to play Soulborgs as Father of Julian had me completely bollocksed and left me a sad, sad man with them. I finally have some multiple armies, so I'm thinking of playing the Templar Knights and some other guys but I'm on the fence...

Sorry to post here so late, but THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MARDUK!!! And it was really, really nice to meet and play with you all - you really made a freshie like me feel welcome!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Great tourny Marduk, I know I won't be able to make the next one simply because that would have to be 3 weekends off work in a row (fall break is the weak after NHSD and I have to go home for that) but me and Jess will be there for that one no doubt.
Too bad... the following one will probably either be early December or early January, maybe you can make that one. I'm looking forward to Louisville myself, see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
Sorry to post here so late, but THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MARDUK!!! And it was really, really nice to meet and play with you all - you really made a freshie like me feel welcome!
You're welcome! I hope we'll see you at the next one, and maybe we'll get the chance to face off at Louisville.

Old September 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm...early December might work but late January would be best for me. Finals start the second week of Dec and Christmas break goes all into early January. But, I know there's more than just me involved in the tourny so pick a date I'll hard to be there.

Can't wait to see and play you all again!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports