Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon
Hexicon Subforum for Hexicon

Old February 17th, 2023, 01:06 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing HexiCon! April 19th, 20th-23rd, 2023

BIG UPDATE!!!

2-Day Passes are now available!

Weekend passes have been changed to any 2-Day passes. The fee is still $70 for 2 days. There will be no 1 day option.

Also as a reminder, Wednesday is a "free day," you don't need a badge to play because it's map set up time.

When you buy a 2-Day pass, you'll need to mention what days you are playing when you pay me and the store in the PayPal notes.
Old March 4th, 2023, 12:31 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

More prizes have been posted on the respective Heroscapers thread!

Those on the Going list, please pay me and the store as soon as possible. That way you will get the access key to https://heroscape.org/convention/?Convention=3 and be able to sign up for events! You'll still want to go to the Event Page and tell me which events you are signing up for.

Those that have paid, please contact me so you can get your access code and start signing up.
Old March 8th, 2023, 12:51 AM

@lefton4ya @Sir Heroscape @Cor7770 @Awstin36teen @Knox @loki619 @WarDaddyWink @Phantom

Maybe:
@gbizzy @ogblaha @Earthling @zeekthefreak @Cubbage
Old March 8th, 2023, 02:00 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I still plan on coming. My +1 will only be there Friday 11am/Saturday 11am and Sunday events. Can he get a "weekend" pass to cover those?

Also, where are all the rest of the Louisville crew? This is in ya'lls backyard...time to represent!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 8th, 2023, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I still plan on coming. My +1 will only be there Friday 11am/Saturday 11am and Sunday events. Can he get a "weekend" pass to cover those?

Also, where are all the rest of the Louisville crew? This is in ya'lls backyard...time to represent!
@Sir Heroscape yes he can.
Old March 8th, 2023, 10:29 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Booked this 4 room 5 bed place for Thursday Night - Sunday : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/690603489813656430

Halfway between airport and event, 15 min drive from each, has a lot of amenities including 2.5 bathrooms. If you want in please private message me. Has one room with 2 double beds that is $110/person, or 3 other rooms with queen beds are $150 each, all taxes and fees included is less than $50/night. If we get more than 5 people we can add people to the floor or a couch and defer the cost more. If you cannot make one day still the same price, and if it gets towards the gameday and not full then might allow people to sleep for a day if that is all you can make it for.
Anyone else want in on this room?
@lefton4ya @Sir Heroscape @Cor7770 @Awstin36teen @Knox @loki619 @WarDaddyWink @Phantom

Maybe:
Old March 8th, 2023, 03:54 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I’ve got a buddy in Louisville I’m staying with.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 8th, 2023, 07:46 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Booked this 4 room 5 bed place for Thursday Night - Sunday : https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/690603489813656430

Halfway between airport and event, 15 min drive from each, has a lot of amenities including 2.5 bathrooms. If you want in please private message me. Has one room with 2 double beds that is $110/person, or 3 other rooms with queen beds are $150 each, all taxes and fees included is less than $50/night. If we get more than 5 people we can add people to the floor or a couch and defer the cost more. If you cannot make one day still the same price, and if it gets towards the gameday and not full then might allow people to sleep for a day if that is all you can make it for.
Anyone else want in on this room?

Maybe:
I won't be able to attend unfortunately
Old March 9th, 2023, 01:49 AM

For those of you going, please pay the store and myself as soon as you can.

You can find the links to PayPal myself and the store in the Google Docs.
Old March 9th, 2023, 03:22 PM

@Orculon believes he can make it down with me as well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 9th, 2023, 05:24 PM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

Hey All,
I've been out of 'scape for years, but have gotten the itch and am happy to find there's a lot of life in the community. I'm curious as to what the current attitude is towards proxies at formal tournaments and conferences. I tried searching heroscapers.com for a relevant thread, but found nothing. Back in the day it made sense that you had to bring official everything because the game was still in production. But it's a different reality now (out of production, 3D printing, VC…). For conferences and tournies, what are the thoughts on:
• Rectangular Cards
• 3D prints of unit sculpts…
• If OK, do they need to be painted?
• Proxy sculpts - that have a similar look/feel to the original.
• WRT VC, single spaced sculpts - Can we keep them on the original base? (for a two space unit, there is an obvious need to rebase)
• And the most casual play idea: Combo of official sculpts with "pawns." Imagine having two squads of official sculpts and then a set of green "meeples" to proxy for a third squad. If there's ever a concern about LoS or can it fit in a space, swap the meeple with an official unit. Opponent gets to choose which units are swapped in case there are relevant differences in unit posture.

I'm posting this question to both the ScapeCon III and Hexicon threads. Sorry for the redundancy.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old March 11th, 2023, 08:20 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I’m not an organizer of this tournament but from tournaments I have been to:
  • Rectangular Cards - tons of people bring, no issue
  • 3D prints of unit sculpts - should be fine if exact match and based
  • If OK, do they need to be painted? No. But if you bring something like 4th Mass and Sam Brown, you need a way to distinguish figures with same sculpt
  • Proxy sculpts - that have a similar look/feel to the original. - this is the only one that is debatable. Gen Con always banned, but some smaller tournaments I have been to allowed if you asked TD ahead of time. But either way posting of what you want to borrow and someone offering to let you borrow happened a lot and is the preferred way. My guess is ScapeCon will not allow and HexiCon would (especially for VC/SoV) but check with TDS
  • SoV/VC, single spaced sculpts - not rebasing most units is perfectly fine. Not sure what single base units are double-space in Heroscape, but I remember taking a scissors to one of the units’ base (maybe Mok) and cutting it to look like double-base and was cool.
  • ”Pawns” - I remember doing this with like wanting 5 squads of Marro Drones and only having 4 sets I used a squad of Marro warriors as a proxy. Then when front lines die I replace proxies with real ones, and if ever someone rushed my start zone basically have a lot more leeway to line of sight if any questions. But essentially same question as proxies but have found TDs more lenient in this scenario.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Hexicon