Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2023, 09:54 AM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New heroscape models - Mrcellophane1978

@Mrcellophane1978 I updated the link in my post with it. It seems to be working here it is again. Let me know if it works when you click on it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5885433
Old March 2nd, 2023, 10:20 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@Mrcellophane1978 I updated the link in my post with it. It seems to be working here it is again. Let me know if it works when you click on it.

It does not work for me. I get a 404 error

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 2nd, 2023, 02:44 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:

Not sure what is going on. I have a Thingiverse account and when I login to Thingiverse it shows the Cyprien Esenwein model under my Things. It did say that it was either 24 or 48 hours before it would post due to it being a new account. Hopefully it will show up soon since I will also be posting the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge shortly.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 06:01 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure what is going on. I have a Thingiverse account and when I login to Thingiverse it shows the Cyprien Esenwein model under my Things. It did say that it was either 24 or 48 hours before it would post due to it being a new account. Hopefully it will show up soon since I will also be posting the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge shortly.

How are you finding the enhancement? Did you use the "guide" (lol) I wrote?
Old March 3rd, 2023, 09:03 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thingiverse is notoriously buggy. If it hasn't posted publicly yet, it won't. But you might also not be able to delete it.

You're going to have to upload it again as a different page.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 10:26 AM

That sucks, I've been having huge problems with it. Once you upload, you need to wait quite some time for the file name to appear before you try and save/publish. If you do it too soon, it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thingiverse is notoriously buggy. If it hasn't posted publicly yet, it won't. But you might also not be able to delete it.

You're going to have to upload it again as a different page.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 12:01 PM

@White Knight and @Mrcellophane1978 thank you both for your comments on Thingiverse. Hopefully this link works. If either of you could check to see that you are seeing my sharpened version of Mrcellophane1978's sharpened version I would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5888358

Additionally, if I can get Thingiverse working correctly for me I am wrapping up the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge and will have them posted today or tomorrow.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 12:28 PM

@White Knight and @Mrcellophane1978 as a side note I am printing up models to playtest the Aquilla Flagbearer custom cards that @Sherman Davies has developed. I am working on the prints for the Dwarf figures, which will include White Knight's Dwarf Flagbearer as a proxy for what Sherman Davies identified as a figure he used. In addition I have already printed the proxy for the Bear mounted Aquilla Flagearer version and stand alone bear that SgtErock117 made. I would love to include the Esenwein family as a part of my playtests whenever Mrcellophane1978 gets those completed and posted. Once I get everything printed I'll send pics of the playtest battle with all of the printed figures. As always I truly appreciate the effort that both of you have put in to getting STL models that I can print that I never had when Heroscape was alive in production.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 03:39 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
That sucks, I've been having huge problems with it. Once you upload, you need to wait quite some time for the file name to appear before you try and save/publish. If you do it too soon, it won't work.
I usually go straight to Publish. I skip the Save & View step. Most of the time it works.

After I publish, I copy the URL and try to open it in a private window (that doesn't have my cookies saved). It will show up pretty much right away. If it doesn't show up right away, it probably never will.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
@White Knight and @Mrcellophane1978 thank you both for your comments on Thingiverse. Hopefully this link works. If either of you could check to see that you are seeing my sharpened version of Mrcellophane1978's sharpened version I would greatly appreciate it.

Additionally, if I can get Thingiverse working correctly for me I am wrapping up the four Axegrinders of the Burning Forge and will have them posted today or tomorrow.

Yes that worked, I saw you had updated the mouth and chest bat. I might update my mouth as well. It was late at night and I needed bed, your mouth looks better. I saw you added some hair too. Looks nice. One thing I found to be careful about though, at least for FDM printers, is very very fine details can cause issues, e.g. I added runes to Darrak Ambershards sword, but when I printed them it sort of made the surface a bit..... scrabbly and stringy. You are using resin so probably ok, but I don't know if that kind of hair texture you applied would affect an FDM print. Might be totally fine though.

p.s. just a tip, when you alter a model someone else has posted, it's good practice to tick the "remix" box, and search for and link the original - so people know where the models came from and also for version control. Mine all came from lyte3d or sandwichsteve, so if you edit mine you can link mine, or if you edit theirs then link to theirs. Just letting you know
Old March 4th, 2023, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
Quote:

Yes that worked, I saw you had updated the mouth and chest bat. I might update my mouth as well. It was late at night and I needed bed, your mouth looks better. I saw you added some hair too. Looks nice. One thing I found to be careful about though, at least for FDM printers, is very very fine details can cause issues, e.g. I added runes to Darrak Ambershards sword, but when I printed them it sort of made the surface a bit..... scrabbly and stringy. You are using resin so probably ok, but I don't know if that kind of hair texture you applied would affect an FDM print. Might be totally fine though.

p.s. just a tip, when you alter a model someone else has posted, it's good practice to tick the "remix" box, and search for and link the original - so people know where the models came from and also for version control. Mine all came from lyte3d or sandwichsteve, so if you edit mine you can link mine, or if you edit theirs then link to theirs. Just letting you know
@Mrcellophane1978 thanks for letting me know that it worked. I actually did what @White Knight recommended just to go directly to publish. Also thanks for the tip on remix to identify the model and creator that I updated from. I put it in the summary, but did not know about the remix click. I will definitely do that from now on. The Axegrinders are taking a little longer than I thought due to some bad scan areas. They will be posted tomorrow. I am going to start my own thread so I am not confusing the great work you are doing.
Old March 5th, 2023, 12:36 AM

One more tip: I haven't had any issues Editing a model after it successfully posts, so you might want to add the bare minimum, publish it, and make sure it posts. Then you can come back and edit.

I still don't know how to get my first photo in the slide show to be the picture I want. Half of mine have the bases shown first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing