Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old October 29th, 2022, 07:00 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post

Very cool. Are these minis for heroscape or another game, or both? I'll get you updated.
I'm using them for custom Ullar Soulborgs! I could maybe use them for Kill Team later on, but I don't play that game and would maybe pick a faction other than AdMech for that if I did pick it up.
Old October 30th, 2022, 06:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast_shark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post

Very cool. Are these minis for heroscape or another game, or both? I'll get you updated.
I'm using them for custom Ullar Soulborgs! I could maybe use them for Kill Team later on, but I don't play that game and would maybe pick a faction other than AdMech for that if I did pick it up.
Oh. Nice. Ive never played killteam or Warhammer 40k. I do however have a bunch of stl files that I think are super awesome for an entire Kroot Army. I love how those dudes look. I'll probably at the very least print out a crew of them for a mini agnostic game called stargrave. They kind of remind me of a mix between Predator and prostoss from starcraft. The only games workshop game I'm currently looking into is middle earth strategy battle game. I'll be 3d printing any or all of my armies and the painting will end up here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 31st, 2022, 09:44 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Been a while since I posted here, but can say I’ve kept up with some painting.
Counted just about 100 figures since last time, pretty much all being Confrontation minis from their pre plastic metal line. Some gorgeous models very fun to paint, just a bit tough to find. Here are a few of my favorites. Hope you enjoy.

October challenge group photo

Happy Halloween
Old November 1st, 2022, 12:52 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Nice. Got you updated. Your models look great.
10-31-22
I finished up 44 more clone troopers for legion painted over the last few days. Finishing up the final touches on basing foe a bunch of these now. Was painting while handing out trick or treat candy. I won't lie. I'm tired of painting white armor. But am almost done with my exorbitant forces of clones and storm troopers
1093 total this year
3231 total

Old November 2nd, 2022, 03:30 AM
"like" happy

11-2-22
20 more phase 1 red and white clones finished. The legions of white clone armor are finally done. Still have a handful more squads of green camo clones before the republic army is complete.

1113 total this year
3251 total

Old November 2nd, 2022, 04:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

According to my painting thread I'm up to 31 figures painted by me, 15 by my son, and 2 by my daughter. All since August 1st.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 3rd, 2022, 08:16 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bugs and bugs and bugs! Put me down for 60 more miniatures painted, which wraps up my easy bulk painting. 20 Fire Ants, 20 Red Ants, 20 High Dune Scorpions.

The plastic for all three is rubbery (since I was using prank Halloween ants, also sold by the same company who makes the prank scorpions) which left the paint sticky. I solved this with some heavy wash layers, and giving it a heavy varnish spray. The painting can be sticky all it likes, so long as the varnish outside is dry lol.

The scorpions in particular were very gooey, I ended having to scrub most of my first attempt of with a toothbrush for all twenty of them. I’d recommend just leaving these guys as is.
Old November 4th, 2022, 05:31 PM
"like" happy

Got you guys updated. @orgsbane , it's pretty rewarding getting hordes of easier models done I'd agree.

Old November 8th, 2022, 01:00 AM
"like" happy

37 new models. 32 new legion troopers. Lots of camouflage clone troopers. A clone wars animated Yoda, and sergeant hound and grizzor. Also 3 new custom painted scape fen hydras. Also statues for both grogu and Mando for my nephews birthday.

1150 this year
3288 total

Old November 9th, 2022, 05:31 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

11 more done! I got about half of C3Gs horror icons done, and I definitely plan to get them all eventually. The big ones I'm missing are Pennywise, Alien, and Predator, but there's plenty more, and all the slayers as well. I can't keep up with C3G's releases, but maybe I can collect a small genre . Those minis you printed were fantastic TREX, thank you again!
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:43 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
11 more done! I got about half of C3Gs horror icons done, and I definitely plan to get them all eventually. The big ones I'm missing are Pennywise, Alien, and Predator, but there's plenty more, and all the slayers as well. I can't keep up with C3G's releases, but maybe I can collect a small genre . Those minis you printed were fantastic TREX, thank you again!
Ill get you updated. Glad you liked them.

Old November 18th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Put me down for 21 more, I just finished a batch of Mohicans and Arena of the Planeswalkers. It's funny, I've painted so many sets of AotP for commission back in the day, but this is the first time painting my own. Better watch out TREX! If you're not careful, I might catch up to few percent of what you've done this year

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General