Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 18th, 2022, 05:55 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I actually have a real question now

Are there any plans to introduce new terrain shapes? Traditionally, all the maps we make are designed around the 24, 7, 3, 2, and 1 hex pieces. These shapes have an effect on the structure of the maps and they've been predominantly all we have used since the beginning of the game. We did get some new combinations like the bridge piece in RttFF and the two larger road pieces in the castle set, but because most players have so few of them and they are only a single terrain type, their inclusion had a small impact on map design overall. I think it would be interesting if we started seeing 16 hex pieces as a common shape for grass, rock, and sand because it's inclusion would fundamentally change map shapes since it's a solid piece that can't be decomposed. If ROTV had instead included 30, 16, 5, and 1 hex pieces I'd imagine we'd have very different builds than we do now because it would force people to think differently.

No new terrain shapes in the Oct 1 Haslab. There will be new terrain pieces.
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:57 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Quote:

Are there any plans to introduce new terrain shapes? Traditionally, all the maps we make are designed around the 24, 7, 3, 2, and 1 hex pieces. These shapes have an effect on the structure of the maps and they've been predominantly all we have used since the beginning of the game. We did get some new combinations like the bridge piece in RttFF and the two larger road pieces in the castle set, but because most players have so few of them and they are only a single terrain type, their inclusion had a small impact on map design overall. I think it would be interesting if we started seeing 16 hex pieces as a common shape for grass, rock, and sand because it's inclusion would fundamentally change map shapes since it's a solid piece that can't be decomposed. If ROTV had instead included 30, 16, 5, and 1 hex pieces I'd imagine we'd have very different builds than we do now because it would force people to think differently.

New hex pieces would be nice. I like the 16 hex one above. I've often wanted a mirror image 24 hex to the one offered in master sets.

Also, is there is any thought to making large area flat hex surfaces? If there is, it would be nice to have them made of flexible plastic or mousepad material or some such. The Arena of the Planeswalkers puzzle cardboard mats warp. I still have and use my lexan water hex mat that someone created some time ago. It would be nice to build on a large shadow or lava base (or who knows what other kind of terrain you guys have planned).
large lexan water mat, I like that idea
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Craig,

We haven't met, but Jeff was here to Scape with a bunch of us back before the Pandemic, and have us play a prototype of Shifting Realms. If you are ever in NYC, come play Age of Annihilation with us. You'll get to see plenty of the Customs here too in full flower, and we can see how they all will mix together!
Thanks for the invite! and thanks for your support. I am so excited for the future!
Old September 18th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In reviewing this thread, there's a few things that were mentioned over the last several years that are finally coming out.

Evil Raelin from 2016. It would be interesting to see how closely the current evil Raelin is to what was originally considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Craig,

...and was this Evil Raelin ever considered for production?

Again-

Thank you for this game and best wishes on your future endeavors with Soaring Rhino.
stay_golden_PONYBOY,
Thank you for the kind words.
Yes, we designed and considered introducing Evil Raelin.
Valhalla ruins from 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Any idea what that may have looked like?

I would have loved to see a larger version of the ruined warehouse from the Marvel set.
Terrain Line for Hobby-
This terrain line could be almost anything.
I think a pack where you can just get more tiles would be ideal.

Also, theme packs.
More packs that relate to the current story.
So when we came out with Swarm of the Marro, we could of introduced multiple Marro structures and maybe ruined structures of a city in Valhalla that the Marro destroyed.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Last edited by Garenex; September 19th, 2022 at 11:10 AM.
Old September 18th, 2022, 07:51 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

No new terrain shapes in the Oct 1 Haslab. There will be new terrain pieces.
I see, thank you. Looking forward to the new terrain pieces 👍
Old September 19th, 2022, 01:47 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@Craig Van Ness , you probably can't or don't know the answer to this. but is distribution to other countries (my particular concern is Australia) going to be better than the past expansions & booster releases? We seem to have gotten RotV distributed well enough but after that the availability of the following releases was sparse & sporadic.
I do not know the answer to this question, but I will try to get an answer.
Thank you.
Old September 19th, 2022, 06:21 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

During the initial design process, did anyone expect that the tournament scene that developed would happen?

Secondly, to encore a question that I didn't see a direct answer to (though I'm sure you can't say too much), any chance for more dwarf units? Crossbowmen, ram cavalry, etc?

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garenex View Post
In reviewing this thread, there's a few things that were mentioned over the last several years that are finally coming out.

Evil Raelin from 2016. It would be interesting to see how closely the current evil Raelin is to what was originally considered.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Craig,

...and was this Evil Raelin ever considered for production?

Again-

Thank you for this game and best wishes on your future endeavors with Soaring Rhino.
stay_golden_PONYBOY,
Thank you for the kind words.
Yes, we designed and considered introducing Evil Raelin.
Valhalla ruins from 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Any idea what that may have looked like?

I would have loved to see a larger version of the ruined warehouse from the Marvel set.
Terrain Line for Hobby-
This terrain line could be almost anything.
I think a pack where you can just get more tiles would be ideal.

Also, theme packs.
More packs that relate to the current story.
So when we came out with Swarm of the Marro, we could of introduced multiple Marro structures and maybe ruined structures of a city in Valhalla that the Marro destroyed.
Raelin has always been one of my favorites. Back in the day, we talked about her being a possible promo figure with just a repaint. Now, she is soooo much more. She is riding a manticore!

I think you will like what we have planned for terrain. This is just the beginning!
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
During the initial design process, did anyone expect that the tournament scene that developed would happen?

Secondly, to encore a question that I didn't see a direct answer to (though I'm sure you can't say too much), any chance for more dwarf units? Crossbowmen, ram cavalry, etc?
We were very excited to see so many tournaments popping up everywhere! I went to a bunch. Heroscapers drove the entire tournament scene. Colby did an awesome job running Gen Con events, and I would play the winner if I was there, losing most of the time, lol.

There is a dwarf in the Haslab offering. A long time ago, we designed an entire dwarf army. Maybe we'll take another look at the old designs...
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dwarf Bear Cavalry when?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2022, 07:58 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

We were very excited to see so many tournaments popping up everywhere! I went to a bunch. Heroscapers drove the entire tournament scene. Colby did an awesome job running Gen Con events, and I would play the winner if I was there, losing most of the time, lol.

There is a dwarf in the Haslab offering. A long time ago, we designed an entire dwarf army. Maybe we'll take another look at the old designs...
Aquilla flagbearer confirmed
Old September 29th, 2022, 09:44 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Orangunators when

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion