Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 21st, 2018, 07:44 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Beakface Archer by Sir Heroscape
(and Beakface Rogue)

I'm not giving a full review of these two. I was weary of the Archer from the start, and testing only confirmed my fears. While they are supposed to be a supplementary force for the Beakface Sneaks, to me they played more like a replacement for them. I'm not comfortable with a new SoV essentially obsoleting an old one, and thus can't support these units as they currently stand.

I vote to induct the Beakface Archer and Rogue to the SoV.

--
Am I misunderstanding here? Cause what this sounds like to me is “I didn’t like these guys from the start so I haven’t given them a chance, and after a few tests my worries were confirmed.” If not, and you just had a late night and didn’t wanna type up the rest of what a normal review looks like then okay, sure I guess that’s fine. But if I’m right, then I would sincerely hope there was more due diligence than this. I would question just how much you’ve actually played them, because while different, they are difficult to make work, but after rigorous playtesting the judges were able to figure them out. I had the same experience. How many playtests did you do? other judges have pointed out they had concerns from the start as well but were pleasantly surprised to see these guys be a great addition to the faction, but that takes setting aside your preconceptions and doing the testing with an open mind. I know I may be preaching to the choir, put I think it’s not wrong to share how I feel this was handled and after over a year to do these guys review it seems to me this was handled poorly and I don’t feel like you really put in the necessary effort for these guys. Hopefully a more detailed response from you will show my concerns were somewhat unfounded and you have in fact put in the due diligence for these guys.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 21st, 2018, 10:52 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
@Scytale @capsocrates @Soundwarp SG-1 @BiggaBullfrog
Is this a sticking point for the rest of you? If I need to resumbit for this reason alone, I'd like to know now, so that I can get it back into playtesting as soon as possible.
I don't know if I feel as strongly as superfrog so as to blankly downvote it, but it definitely serves as a strike against it.
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:07 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Beakface Archer by Sir Heroscape
(and Beakface Rogue)

I'm not giving a full review of these two. I was weary of the Archer from the start, and testing only confirmed my fears. While they are supposed to be a supplementary force for the Beakface Sneaks, to me they played more like a replacement for them. I'm not comfortable with a new SoV essentially obsoleting an old one, and thus can't support these units as they currently stand.

I vote to induct the Beakface Archer and Rogue to the SoV.

--
Am I misunderstanding here? Cause what this sounds like to me is “I didn’t like these guys from the start so I haven’t given them a chance, and after a few tests my worries were confirmed.” If not, and you just had a late night and didn’t wanna type up the rest of what a normal review looks like then okay, sure I guess that’s fine. But if I’m right, then I would sincerely hope there was more due diligence than this. I would question just how much you’ve actually played them, because while different, they are difficult to make work, but after rigorous playtesting the judges were able to figure them out. I had the same experience. How many playtests did you do? other judges have pointed out they had concerns from the start as well but were pleasantly surprised to see these guys be a great addition to the faction, but that takes setting aside your preconceptions and doing the testing with an open mind. I know I may be preaching to the choir, put I think it’s not wrong to share how I feel this was handled and after over a year to do these guys review it seems to me this was handled poorly and I don’t feel like you really put in the necessary effort for these guys. Hopefully a more detailed response from you will show my concerns were somewhat unfounded and you have in fact put in the due diligence for these guys.
We Judges have different opinions and approaches, and often different reasons for downvotes. Sometimes we only tentatively approve a submission with a serious concern, with the willingness to give it a try and see if our worries are founded. After all, it's quite often that a unit ends up playing differently on the battlefield than simple Theoryscape would suggest. But if testing confirms our fears, a downvote is in order.

Soundwarp was concerned from the start (as were others) that the Beakface submissions obsolete the Sneaks. I didn't feel like they did in my testing, nor did other Judges, but it's all a matter of opinion. If Soundwarp felt they were too similar and better than the existing unit, then we all support his review.

Brevity in a review does not indicate a lack of due diligence.
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM

Tetraites by @Sir Heroscape has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, wriggz, Ixe, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.

Bol by @The Dewk has received 4 Yea votes to induct (Scytale, BiggaBullfrog, wriggz, and Soundwarp SG-1) and moves forward in the process.
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:22 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I understand the frustration of waiting this long for such a short review, but it is a fair review, as Soundwarp tested enough to confirm his fears. We often come down on different sides on particular issues, and I totally see where SW is coming from in his review. I considered writing a similar review a few times myself.

As judges, if we have to work too hard to convince ourselves of an upvote, it's probably a bad thing.

----------------------

Congrats to @Sir Heroscape and @The Dewk on 4 upvotes for Tetraites and Bol! I never got to review either, but both looked quite fun and well-designed.
Old November 21st, 2018, 11:39 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Congratulations to @Sir Heroscape and @The Dewk ! Both units look like a ton of fun, and I've been particularly awaiting the chance to use my copy of Bol in playtests rather than Isamu or Otonashi. I look forward to seeing them eventually inducted!

As for the Archer and the Rogue, Soundwarp merely mentioned that he felt like the two heroes were replacing the original Sneaks, which isn't out of line with what I've seen in the other judges' reviews. I seem to remember most reviews mentioning that they were less happy with how the common heroes blended with the Beakface Sneaks, but found that the Archer, Rogue, and Quorik Warwitch made a good combo. Wanting to have more details on a negative review is definitely understandable, but I don't think that it implies a lack of due diligence, especially on a volunteer project.
Old November 21st, 2018, 07:41 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, it looks like the best choice of action is to change the class. After a brief back and forth with superfrog in PMs, I have settled on Harbingers.

I would like to re-submit the Specters of Aldorn.

Quote:
NAME = SPECTERS OF ALDORN
GENERAL = VYDAR
PLANET = ARCTORUS
SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HARBINGERS
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

1 LIFE (4 FIGURES)
6 MOVE
1 RANGE
2 ATTACK
3 DEFENSE
50 POINTS

Phantom Walk
Specters of Aldorn can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Levitation:
Specters of Aldorn do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

Deathly Touch
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, any figures that a Specter of Aldorn moved through this turn, subtract 1 from their defense.
Old November 21st, 2018, 07:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like it.

to review.
Old November 21st, 2018, 08:49 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 21st, 2018, 09:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I love the Deathly Touch power.

Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:11 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 22nd, 2018, 02:33 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

to review.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs