Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 11th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks Kegs! They were fun to paint.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 11th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very nice.

Your skill is really flourishing! (Wow, I think I spelled that right on the first try.)
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:00 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Was just looking at some basic rules for Walking Dead.

Is there a spinner used to determine the actions of the Walkers?

Man that feels weak if that is the case.
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Was just looking at some basic rules for Walking Dead.

Is there a spinner used to determine the actions of the Walkers?

Man that feels weak if that is the case.
Ha! No, the spinner isn't spun. It's a way to keep track of the threat that raises during the game and had various effects. You try to lower it when you can because you can lose if it gets to high or your characters can panic, depending on their nerve.

Old March 11th, 2018, 12:13 PM

Ahh, OK. That is acceptable.

Thanks Hahma.
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great painting @Hahma . My one brother and btother in law have played another homebrew frostgrave coop game last night. It was a blast. Heres how it was set up. There was a portal in the middle of the map. 12 inches out from the portal were 8 enchanted statues and crystals evenly spaced in a circle pattern. The players spawned on a random board edge but all their warband members had to be within 6 inches of each other as if coming through a doorway. To start the game there was a random creature roll to place guarding the portal. It was from my custom monster roll table for the scenario. It ended up being 3 minotaurs.

The scenario implies that the adventurers enter a large cavern with an ominous glow. Once inside ,the creatures guarding the glowing portal of power shouted an alarm. The cavern began to quake caving in the entrances behind the adventuring warbands. The wizards quickly realized the power from the statues and crystals were powering the portal.
Destroying the crystals or magical statues awards 50xp to the wizard whos warband destroys it. Right before the creature phase each round a random creature roll gets rolled and the creature comes out of the portal. For each crystal destroyed 1 additional creature spawn out of the portal. After at least 4 are destroyed we faced a legendary 5 headed hydra as one of the creature rolls. Once all eight crystals were defeated one last wave of monsters including an ancient dragon. He was the boss that came out very last. With the crystals gone the only thing keeping the adventurers from escaping was the dragons power over the portal. Once the dragon was dead we were able to escape.
Common monsters awarded 5xp to the player whos warband killed it.
Epic monsters awarded 10xp
Legendary monsters awarded 15xp and a treasure roll.
For killing the legendary hydra with old dragon like stats and 30 life, all players involved recieved 100xp. 8 treasure rolls to split between players.
For all wizards involved with taking out the ancient dragon. 300xp and 20 treasure rolls to split. These xp and gold for dragons is from spellcaster 2 magazine. A run through next....

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 11th, 2018, 01:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

We had 3 full warbands starting the game. All our wizards were something like level 2 to level 4. We have played 3 games with this set of wizards. I have a summoner. Bro in law is an elementalist. My brother is our homebrew jedi class. We randomized who the monsters would go after on their initial move from the portal. Early on my brother got swamped with monsters. We had killed 7 out of 8 crystals by round 3 or 4. The massive hydra came my way spitting acid and then mauling my minions. I pulled off some lucky rolls with my archers and my bone dart spell was on fire. I was able to kill the hydra. We had finally gotten to the end boss dragon. By the time we had to kill only 4 more monsters and the dragon my brother was down to 1 archer. He lost 11 guys. He has an inn and a kennel. I was down to 5 guys 3 archers and my two spellcasters. I was literally feeding my thugs and thieves to the dragon to be able to escape him to shoot him. His random weakness rolled was a minus 4 to shoot attacks because he has 1 eye. my bro in law was down to wizard,apprentice ,and two shooters. The dragon had eaten two thieves and and 2 thugs in 1 bite each.(guy had +8 fight). My bro in law had wanted to put teleporter pads from the keep scenario on there before the game started. My apprentice and two archers shot the agon as much as the could be jumping through the teleporter and ending up across the board. My other archer and wizard were not so lucky. Running and shooting at the dragon. The dragon overtook the archer and was closing in on my wizard. The dragon had 1 life left but was 1 hit chomping all my guys. If my bro in law didnt hit him with a super powerful elemental bolt and kill him my wizard would have went down. It was a md dash to exit the portal. My apprentice was getting chased to the portal by a demon and a hydra. All of our characters made it out except my wizard. The wizard failed some leap rolls but then finally made one and leaped over the monsters into the portal.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 11th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Ahh, OK. That is acceptable.

Thanks Hahma.
Here's a gameplay video that may give you a sense of how things work.

Review with some explanation as well

Old March 11th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

That sounds like an epic game for sure, and fun scenario idea. Wish my one daughter Morgan would play again, and my buddy Chris is going back to school and has his wonky schedule job. So I'll have to at some point run another solo attempt. Though, now I need to finish painting Rumbleslam figures and give that a go

I can get my Frostgrave fix vicariously from reading your reports

Old March 11th, 2018, 04:45 PM

You should hold your own event Hahma.
That is something I would consider making a road trip to attend.
Old March 11th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
You should hold your own event Hahma.
That is something I would consider making a road trip to attend.
Well it doesn't have to be an event so to speak. If you want to come down on a Saturday or Sunday, we can play whatever you want.

Frostgrave
Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago
The Walking Dead All Out War
Halo Ground Command
Rumbleslam

Or whatever else.

Old March 12th, 2018, 07:41 AM

Cool.
Sounds like a fun summer trip.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures