Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 20th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Great ideas on paper, but bomb in execution

One of the great things about Heroscape it that it lends itself very easily to customization.

There have been several ideas I've tried that worked pretty well. For example, in a 3-player game, we played where the two highest initiative rolls fought against each other during that round while the other player sat out. It turned out to be pretty fun.

Unfortunately, not all ideas work out so well. Sometimes you throw the balance of the game off, while other times the concept is just too complicated to explain.

For example, I've wanted to try an idea that I think would be really fun. The basic concept is that you draft your army as normal, then you draft substitute units for the units you draft. During the game, you could swap a unit on the field with your substitute, making sure you still transfer wound markers, etc. to the substitute. It's sort of like having units that can transform during battle.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to settle on a way of nailing down the details without creating rules that would take 1000 pages and a law firm to explain. Thus, pending my solution to this puzzle, my so-called great idea bombs.

Thinking about this has inspired me to create this topic.

I'm pretty sure many of you have also tried ideas of your own that you thought should work, but fail in practice. I'd be interested in hearing your own stories.

Note: I'm not seeking a solution to the idea I've described. I'm really more interested in hearing your own stories.

-David

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions