Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: What Type of Custom Creator or Fan Are You?

Quote:
Individual Secret Identities or Iconic "Lunch Box" Representations What would your custom world include?
To those confused by this question:

Do you prefer having Robin (Jason Todd), Robin (Dick Greyson), Robin (whomever) OR Robin, Batman's sidekick, whomever he is - The kind on a lunchbox, that is a generic representation of All that Robin is regardless of who wears the mask.

Quote:
but if you don't, and you cannot id which GL it is from the picture on the card, then you might not ought to be in this forum.
So if someone isn't up on every different incarnation of GL or Robin or Ghost Rider, they don't get to participate?
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ooooohhhh...I get it, now.

I'd have to say Iconic, then. If there's really a big difference in two Robins, for example, I might consider making two customs, but mostly they're the same. I really try to avoid having more than one version of a particular character and what I mean by that is: I don't want a regular Spidey and Black Suit Spidey wandering around, because then it's possible to have them on the same team, and that would just be wrong, plus classic-wise you get into the whole, which version did the general summon and stuff....so, yeah, long story short, iconic.....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well if they're both named "Spider-Man" then it'd be like having two Raelins on the same team ... not allowed by conventional Heroscape rules.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm primarily commenting as a fan/commentator here, as the only custom i've "finished" and posted to the site was lost in the Time Warp an I'm waiting until I get the minis finished to repost.

1. Figure Photo or Comic Art
For CG3 stuff, I'm prining out the comic art (so that everything matches) for most everything else I'd say figures. (I went with the comic art CG3 cards because I couldn't stand the close up of that fugly Superman mini.)

2. Compatability with Marvel, Valhalla, C3G, NM24, any comic custom, and/or other customs such as Sci Fi/Star Wars (in other words, are you concerned with your customs playing well with synergies in other genres)
In general, customs should be theoretically compatable first with the appropriate version of Heroscape, then the other version. So If I were to do a superhero custom I would want it to be primarily compatable with Marvel/CG3, with classic compatability/synergy taking a backseat.

3. Theme vs. Mechanics, which one is more important to you. Would you sacrifice something on one in order to perfect the other?
Mechanics are an expression of theme and should work in a thematic way, but things also need to work in a Heroscape way. They're both imortant. (The opposite of that is true if you're going from design -> concept though).

4. Custom short cuts such as Flying Symbols or other symbols like team logos, where do you draw your line.
Symbols are only acceptable in superheroscape and custom universes. In superheroscape, only flying and superstrength are the only ones that should have actual rules associated with them. (So team symbols and such are cool, if they have no relavence other than to a power on a card.)

5. Individual Secret Identities or Iconic "Lunch Box" Representations What would your custom world include?
Secret identaties . An army shouldn't be able to have Buckey Barnes and Winder Soldier. Besides, it opens up more options, and options are always good.

6. Does your quest for theme mean that you want you specific characteristics always spelled out in the powers, or are you willing to "hide" theme in base stats for "simplicity".
Well, Iron Man is my favorite Marvelscape Hero. . . . If something doesn't really need to be a power for mechanical flavor, don't make it one. It's just clutter.

7. Language preference. Are you strict on Heroscape "official" language or are you willing to take liberties on "house slang" such as "...powers that refer to heat, fire or flame..."
Not trying to use language that is as official as possable is just sloppy.

8. Do you have a ceiling on the number of powers on a card?
Four if they're all simple.
Three if one is complex.
Two if they're both complex.

9. Do you have a ceiling on point value?
No, but cheaper units are more fun because they can interact with more stuff.

10. Are you into the customs to actually play in games, or are you just into the fun of translating comic characters onto cards?
CG3 is allowed at my table in every game where Marvel is allowed ~1:6. While I enjoy the design process, I wouldn't bother putting pen to paper if I didn't actually plan on using something.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well if they're both named "Spider-Man" then it'd be like having two Raelins on the same team ... not allowed by conventional Heroscape rules.
True. I guess the big one I've thought about is Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. Rules-wise you could have them both on the same team, thematically, though, it's ridiculous...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:24 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man, do you know how tough it was to get that shot of Superman?
Seriously, though, that mini is butt ugly.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:
True. I guess the big one I've thought about is Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. Rules-wise you could have them both on the same team, thematically, though, it's ridiculous...

Brandon
Not if you go with the custom rule of disallowing customs with the same subtitle/secret identity (so one would be "Darth Vader: Anakin Skywalker" and one would be "Anakin Skywalker.")

Old March 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Brandon
Why not? Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan said so!
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier;1029638
Quote:
but if you don't, and you cannot id which GL it is from the picture on the card, then you might not ought to be in this forum.
So if someone isn't up on every different incarnation of GL or Robin or Ghost Rider, they don't get to participate?
No, you're missing my point. Or better, I should clarify. For example, I would NEVER make a Guy Gardner GL card that was called GL. That's stupid. But there might be instances where more than one GL card is necessary, and the figure art will be the defining point of the card. Like GL Hal Jordan, and GL Kyle Raynor. I have a write-up for Kyle, but I'm going to call it Green Lantern. You WILL be able to see the differences.
Quote:
It's for that very reason that I am creating more than one Batman card. There can be variants. If their weren't, there would be no need for this forum at all. And just because I have two Batmans doesn't mean I wouldn't follow the rules. That's the reason behind the "Unique Hero" tag on the left of the card, right? One unique hero/squad per army. Simple. Beautiful.
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The point they're getting it is that if you have a card for Hal and a card for Kyle and call them both Green Lantern, you can't, by Heroscape rules, use both cards on the same team.
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Great stuff guys,thank you all for participating. Keep up the new entries and the new debates.

Quote:
Quote:

Brandon
Ha, this is exactly where I give up theme for mechanics. Although both Anakin and Vader are the same cinematic character, they are too completely different mechanically playing characters.

One is a soldier for good, the other is a leader of evil.
One follows the ways of the Jedi, the other is a lord of the Sith.
One could bond as a padawan, the other could bond with squads of troopers.
One is "human" and the other is a cyborg.

Different, different, different, and since you're playing the "Battle of All Time" there should be no reason why you couldn't summon them both, from different time periods, for the same army.

Now since they both likely bond with different groups, it may not be wise to do so. But if I want them together, let me have 'em.

Same with Bucky and the Winter Soldier. Hey, in Avengers/Invaders, Bucky Barnes was right along side himself as the new Cap. The Battle of All Time should allow this.

The reason why the rule exists is to keep the same unique hero cards from showing up more than once on the same team.

As for the Green Lantern Corp, that's the only one that gives me difficulty. I personally went with a generic "Green Lantern" for any of the earth protecting crew. Killowog would be seperate as "Killowog". If I ever wanted to branch out for the other human GL's (I can't picture myself bothering, but if I did), I'd probably leave Green Lantern as my representation of Hal Jordan and call all the rest simply by their names (i.e. "John Stewart" or "Gu Gardner") the same way I did for Namor and J'onn J'onzz. But that's just me.
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
That's when you bust out "Spiderman" and "Spider-man"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations