Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
4th of July Casual Game

Having just recently received my Wave 9 figures I was eggar to get in a casual game of cowboys and indians. It also being the 4th of July I thought it appropriate to have a 4th Mass vs. 10th Foot battle. So combinding the two resulted in a real fun show down. Here are the two armies used.

Brave Arrow - 50 points
MRT x2 - 140 points
10th Foot - 150 points..........total 340 points

vs.

Deadeye Dan - 60 points
James Murphy - 75 points
Johnny Sullivan - 65 points
4th Mass. x2 - 140 points.........total: 340 points

The map used was just a home made jungle swamp design of about medium size. Lots of bushes and trees provided a few hiding spots as well as lots of +1 def vs ranged attacks. I didn't really keep track of a play by play but the first army won both times (the armies switched sides for the second game) with figures to spare. I really just wanted to post my general thoughts on the figures used.

MTR - Concealment 19 really wasn't very effective. I think it only kept 1 MRT figure alive out of about 10 rolls. With 1 defense at range, these guys are ones you will want to close the distance with ASAP. They were pretty effective once in close combat (which kind of limits the War Cry bonding though) and taking a few shots while moving to engage was nice too.

Brave Arrow - The d20 just doesn't like me much some days with me repeatedly failing to roll for concealment 10. Even when all I needed was a 6 I still managed to roll under. Even so, I really like this guy as a 50 point filler and suspect I will use him on his own often. I actually lead out with him in the first game since his survivability is higher then the MTR, then moved the MTR up along side him for the 1 att scout bonus and it worked out well. In the second game, the MTR were rushed out first in an attempt make use of the War Cry bonding, it was less effective IMO.

The 4th Mass vs. 10th Foot debate - I must come down on the 10th Foot side when comparing these two units. The bayonet attack 1 ability really gives the 10th Foot more attacking flexibility and thus they are more mobile then the 4th Mass. It is easier to keep moving guys up from the rear to replace fallen soldiers when you can still get 3 or 4 attack die without having to WTF. In one instance I was able to charge up and get height for an attack of 4 where WTF would have only given me an attack of 3.

Dead Eye Dan - This guy just never seems to shine when I play with or against him. His 2 def and 3 life resulted in a very quick demise in one game. In the other one he took several shots with his enhanced rifle but never once managed to roll a skull.

James Murphy vs. Shotgun Sullivan - I've always been a big believer that whip 12 was well worth the 10 extra points. During the course of the 2 games, Murphy managed to whip and kill a few MRT as well as whip Brave Arrow for 2 wounds. Sullivans highlight was shotgun blasting a large group of 10th Foot for 4 kills. As always though the 5 life, 2 def combo for both these figures just doesn't hold up for very long so they both were taken down fairly easily. I'm still hoping to someday get a Cowboys squad to bond with so I don't have to feel like I'm wasting an order marker on just 1 attack.
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Re: 4th of July Casual Game

Great post.

I find that DED works well for me. I have fairly good odds when using him. One time he held off an army of minions and sentinels merely by standing on a hill intimidating them.

I don't even use Sullivan if Murphy is available.

You're description of the MRT only increases my excitement. I can't wait until I actually get to try these guys out!

Long live Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports