Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Can you make it to Cardhaus on Saturday Sept 16th?
Yes 6 35.29%
No 6 35.29%
Maybe so 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:35 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
I might be able to come down. Is this Cardhaus in Lynnwood? If I do I would be bringing at least one other person - possibly as many as 3 others. My barbarian hordes will sweep down from the cold north (Camano Island/Stanwood/Arlington) and pillage the soft underbelly of the urban weaklings!

How many games do you think can fit on each table? 2?

EDIT: So one of those "Maybe So" votes counts for 1-4 people.
Yes, it is Cardhaus in Lynnwood, bring all you want. If we use smallish maps, 2 per table may work. I've asked about the actual table dimensions, I'll know more later.
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM

JanderSunstar has disabled reputation
We played that small map that Caravaggio made last night. its really a nice size for 2 players, and they played 300 pts and 2 games in an hour or so.
But if we learn to build small stuff we may get more table room out of the deal.
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:34 PM

Ellian said he would go too. He mentioned pre-building a few maps so they didnt take a long time to set up.
And all we really would need is cardboard boxes to transport them.
if we dont make the one really long one it may work out better.
Old September 6th, 2006, 02:45 AM

madmanmuzik has disabled reputation
I gotta talk to my wife about it in the morning, but I could very well be in. I was hoping for some good HSage next week, too. Perfect timing.
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:26 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here is the email I received from Cardhaus confirming our "event":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardhaus
Hi. Yeah, the 16th is fine. I'm not exactly sure how many people we'll have for the other event, but it shouldn't be too many. You bringing 20 or so people shouldn't be a problem.
The tables are 8' x 2'6".
I'm going to put this event up on our calendar. If this is a problem for you, let me know.
Food around here is kinda sketchy. There is an underwhelming Teriyaki place right across the street, but if you want to drive down the road a small bit you'll find McDonalds, Old S. Fact., and others. Bring in whatever you want, all I ask is that your group picks up after themselves. We're all adults here!
Thanks a lot for contacting me. I'm looking forward to this. Should be good times. I hope it works for you guys and we can make this into a regular thing.
With tables that are 8' x 30" we can easily setup 2 regular maps per table. We could have a "mock tourney" Perhaps in the future we could have a real tourney.

I'm fine with providing all my terrain, that would allow us 5 single set maps. I would love to have:
Road to the Forgotten Forest
Searing Pass
The Tundra map
The Castle map
Forsaken Waters or Soulrazer canyon

This way, people can play whatever terrain they might not have played on before, it will show off the different HS terrain types well, and give us 5 known tested maps to play on.

If anyone else wants to bring Master sets, people could build one big map on a table out of multiple masters and any available terrain expansions. I would be up for sharing road, lava, and tundra to the freeform project. Besides what I've committed to above, I could provide 4 road sets, 2 tundra sets and 3 lava sets.

What do people think?
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Quote:
What do people think?
I think your idea is great, bunjee! I have an unimpressive heroscape collection at the moment, so I appreciate getting to try out the various maps and such.

Are we bringing pre-made armies?

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM

madmanmuzik has disabled reputation
Ugh. Apparently I forgot to change my calendar this month, because apparently "Saturday the 16th" was a wednesday in my head. I have to work that sat. Stupid Target ruining all my fun.
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM

get work off dork!
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Ellian just picked up 2 more snow packs at NG Target. and they have the death reavers there
We can bring our castle set (its all marked on the bottom so it wont get mixed up)

Pre-draft? or alternating draft?
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM

Sexecution has disabled reputation
It wouldnt let me vote again, so I logged on as Ellian
Old September 8th, 2006, 01:14 AM

Well, I'm going to get some army ideas together before hand but still bring all my units. We should probably not draft as it takes so much time, but if people agree to draft for the game they are playing, that is all fine by me.
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:10 AM

brotharon has disabled reputation
Hmmm, I do not think that I can make it this weekend unless I can get a babysitter...If it were next weekend I would be there with bells on, literally, I would wear some bells... :P

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events