Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old January 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

I actually purchased both starter sets over a year ago. As with many of my purchases, I placed them somewhere and got distracted by something else. So it basically sat idle.

What's really odd is that I kept checking Plaid Hat's website to see the game's progress.

I recently decided to break open the starter boxes, read the rules, and check it out. I'm really impressed with it, and I love the way you have to constantly make decisions throughout the game. I went to Plaid Hat's website and placed an order to catch up (I had to use Amazon for the out of stock reinforcement decks).

One of these days, I'm going to watch that Mozart opera (The Magic Flute) that has been sitting on my shelf.
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
But whatever, I've already got the original four, but others I know might be irritated for having to pay starter set prices after they get the Master Set when all they want is the faction cards.
I'm almost in this boat, I missed the PE vs TO but nabbed the CG and GD. While I don't need the dice and bits, having another premium board is what justifies it for me. Using that flimsy paper mat in 2v2 is quite irritating.
I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't the original starter sets $24.99 retail? If I'm right, that breaks down to about $12.49 a pack, and that's retail price. A number of online retailers typically sell several dollars under the retail price. Seems like a minimal price difference if you're just buying it for the decks, but it also maintains a lower entry point for new players to grab everything they need for less than the $40-50 of a master set.
While that may be true, the lower entry point only gets you 2 factions for half the price of getting 6 factions. But my point was more so that I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the Master Set was what PH wanted to be the entry level set, thus waiting for re-printing the original 4 factions.

But I guess if the new starter sets come with premium boards, then that's a much better deal then the original sets. And, I guess you can end up having 3 premium boards if you have the MS and the two new starter sets. Though if you and your friends all buy that stuff you'll have a ton of boards that won't get used much unless you host tournaments, so then the value of the extra board of the new starter sets becomes diminished.

Either way, it doesn't affect me since I already have the stuff. But I was just wondering if others that got into the game through the Master Set would feel like they were having to buy more than they needed just to get the original 4 factions.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I actually purchased both starter sets over a year ago. As with many of my purchases, I placed them somewhere and got distracted by something else. So it basically sat idle.

What's really odd is that I kept checking Plaid Hat's website to see the game's progress.

I recently decided to break open the starter boxes, read the rules, and check it out. I'm really impressed with it, and I love the way you have to constantly make decisions throughout the game. I went to Plaid Hat's website and placed an order to catch up (I had to use Amazon for the out of stock reinforcement decks).

One of these days, I'm going to watch that Mozart opera (The Magic Flute) that has been sitting on my shelf.

It's a great game David, I really love it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm excited for the reprint only for the PE/TO, the only 2 factions I don't have. I already have 2 premium boards, but another wouldn't hurt. Is it a nice 1-piece like the Master Set's board, because my Master Set box is breaking from putting the other premium board in there all the time, stretching the sides of the box.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

New starters don't have hard boards. They're paper ones with fewer folds and more color than the original paper mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
New starters don't have hard boards. They're paper ones with fewer folds and more color than the original paper mats.
Ah, I see. While it won't stop me from buying it, I'm a bit disappointed. A starter set and premium board is $40, for $20 more you get the master set.

I honestly don't see why they weren't faction packs
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Ah, I see. While it won't stop me from buying it, I'm a bit disappointed. A starter set and premium board is $40, for $20 more you get the master set.

I honestly don't see why they weren't faction packs
Perhaps so people don't have to buy another master set or pay $15 for another premium board just to play 4-player. I use my premium board for 2-player and the mats for 4-player, and you only have to pay $10 more dollars for both of the mats, as opposed to the $15 for the premium board.

Also, I do support the starter sets as an entry point to the game; I believe the 4 original factions are easier to learn, and a lot of people wouldn't consider paying the money for a master set, but the 25 dollar starter set is more reasonable. I don't have the money to buy a master set as a birthday gift, but i bought a friend a starter set to get him into the game, and he isn't complaining about only having 2 (now 3) factions.

L.K.R.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Also, the OP is really cluttered with outdated material. Onacara, have you considered cleaning it up or at least updating it a bit?

L.K.R.
Old January 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Also, the OP is really cluttered with outdated material. Onacara, have you considered cleaning it up or at least updating it a bit?
From the 1st post...

Quote:
Summoner Wars NEWS:
(this part posted and updated by Truth)
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Taliya

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1.../summoner-wars
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Wow, an unsummoner.
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Personally, I also just want another board (be it paper or cardboard), as playing 4-player on some flimsy homemade maps was kind of annoying.

Here's to hoping that the starter sets are back in stock soon.

Also, are the new factions/reinforcements part of the same printing run as the starter set reprints? That is, will they be available at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games