Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 24th 2009

Vancouver WA

Charity First In ‘09 Tournament

Where: St. Johns Presbyterian Church – Camas WA.
(http://www.sjpc-camas.org/ )
When: Saturday, January 24th 2009
> Register @ 11:30
> Games start @ 12:00
(We should be done between 6:15-6:45.)
Entry Fee: Table Prize & Charity Donation (See Below)
Who: Anyone!! (Ages 8+......But really, I dont see anyone being told they cant play. lol)

Confirmed Attendees: 21/9

Open (13 & Up): Paul, McLeod*, Quozl, Rdhight, Megadev +2, Nadom +7, Temp.Nerd +1, Majestic Goat Jr., Commander Fowl, Melwing & Micky Jay

Youth (8-12): MaryBeth, Madilynn, (Megadev's)+1, (Temp.Nerd's) +1, (Commander Fowl's) +1, Quozl's Daughter, Joseph, Ian & Marshall

Format:
  • 600 point armies, no proxies, customs or Marvel figures.
  • 5 Rounds with computer pairings.
  • Championship Round (Top 4 adult finishers 1 v 2, 3 v 4 & Top 2 Youth)
  • 55 minute rounds & 10 minute breaks between
  • One army – no substitutions during event.
  • Fractional Scoring – Points as tie breakers.
Concessions..............maybe, we are working on that again. (Make suggestions now if you want!)

Charity: The Treasure House is conducting a clothing drive for local children, dubbed H.U.G.S for Hats, Underwear, Gloves and Socks. Please bring an unopened package of one of those items for the charity as part of your entry fee or a gently used coat or jacket would work as well. Thank you.

*Please note: The younger players age 11 & 12 that have extensive experience are encouraged to participate in the open division.

When signing up....please indicate whether you (or which of your guests) will be in the OPEN or YOUTH division. Thank you.

Last edited by Bahde; January 24th, 2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Add Attendees
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 31st 2009

I'd like in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
When: Saturday, January 24th 2009 (Times TBD – Estimated ~12:00-6:00)
Is it the 24th or the 31st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; December 9th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Re: Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 31st 2009

Its the 24th, I will have to see about getting that date changed on the title.
Old December 10th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament Jan 24th 2009

I'm in, and I'll see if anyone else from Kelso wants to come with me. LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

I'm in. As long as I don't have to work, I should be able to make it.
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Tauren_Marine is surprisingly tart

I'll be coming, too. I'll see if any of my friends will be able to make it.
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in! There will likely be others as well; I'll try to find out as soon as I can.

One question... with the 600 point limit, will we also be expanding the number of starting spaces beyond 24? I could see that one going either way. If we do happen to increase it (say, to 30), could I borrow a few squads of zombies from anybody?
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:59 AM

Yes, the start will (likely) increase but I havent really settled on a figure yet. 30 sounds about right, but I think its a debate between 27 or 30 really.

Any suggestions?

GMV, I cant do the 31st or the 17th - if its to be in that time period it had to be the 24th. BUT...Im sure we will do more soon enough.
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:42 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How does the fractional scoring work?

P.S. If anyone at this tournament would like to arrange a trade, we could do it there and avoid shipping costs.

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; December 12th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:41 AM

Fractional scoring works two ways - one for squads and one for heroes.

For squads, using the Marden Hounds for example....if you have 2 left it counts as 60 points (2/3 of 90).

For heroes, you divide the wounds out - so an Agent Carr with two wounds is 50 points. (2/4 of 100).

This method of counting works to decide who wins games that run the full time limit and to decide the tie breaks for pairings. Wins are based on points remaining but tie breaks are based on points destroyed.

For odd point values you round off appropriately.....such as 2/3 Krav = 67 points.

In regards to trading - after the games are over and the prizes are selected...all contestants are encouraged to trade with each other (bring some from home if you wish).
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

I ran some numbers on the starting zone thing. For we accept the standard benchmark of 500 points and 24 starting spaces, that's 20.8333... points per starting space. If we then apply that many points per starting space (PSS) to 600 point armies, then we would get 28.8 starting spaces. Considering that fractional starting spaces don't work nearly as well as fractional scoring (glad to hear that's back), that number clearly won't work . If the proposed options for starting zones are 27 or 30 (either one sounds pretty good to me), it appears that it depends what our intended outcome is. if we're trying to actively discourage 'squadscape' and/or keep games shorter, 27 would likely be better (22.222... PSS). On the other hand, if we want more army-building flexibility and want some truly epic battles, 30 is the way to go (20 PSS). I realize I'm over analyzing this, but I wouldn't see too much of an advantage for Squad-heavy armies at 30 starting spaces on most maps, especially if the additional starting spaces were added to the back of the established starting zones. However, if we do go to 30 starting spaces, I'm going to need to find 2 more packs of Zombies. The time limit thing would be the only issue I might worry about with the extra points and extra spaces. In theory, the length of time a 1-on-1 game takes depends less on the number of points and more on the number of starting zone spaces (or so I've heard around here).
Old December 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I would think it would be easier to stay at the standard 24 spaces as that's what many maps have already. If you go to 30, you're going to have to seek out maps for that or modify the existing ones.

As for the fractional scoring, does Hive rebirth affect that? I'm thinking about bringing a Marro army....

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events