Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 12th, 2022, 07:26 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides (Lantern Geists) - Design

Right, I don't view that as a problem. What I do view as a problem is that now for 260 points you can now get 16 life Heracles. I also think the new version becomes a must add in the Anything Goes format, and significantly buffs Silver Surfer armies.
Old June 14th, 2022, 02:43 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
16 life Heracles.
My proposal contains a clause that will prevent this. I purposely put in "dials" for tuning it. I hoped that was clear, but maybe it wasn't.

Or maybe the psychopomp concept is just going to feel forced no matter what we try. Anyway I gave it a shot.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 21st, 2022, 05:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
The idea is that the Soul Guides have the ability to guide living travelers through the land of the dead (the "Spirit World"). Travelers need a guide to lead them into and out of the Spirit World, hence the need for a Soul Guide on either end. Time also passes differently in the spirit world, which is why the "teleportation" from one guide to the other appears instantaneous.
Access to the spirit realm is also why I don't have an issue with the current version. I do think a class change will help, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 13th, 2022, 08:43 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

What Class do we want to change to here? Just Guides?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 13th, 2022, 01:33 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
What Class do we want to change to here? Just Guides?
I like guides or sentinels. I’m not sure I love introducing guide as a new class cause I don’t know how reusable it would be?
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Pardon my interruption but I like Sentinel for the soft Concan synergy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 14th, 2022, 11:31 AM

Would that be weird next to the Alabaster Sentinels as Sentinels, though?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think it would be fine. Rotv had multiple soldiers and agents.
Old August 16th, 2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
I think it would be fine. Rotv had multiple soldiers and agents.
Who are very much the same as each other and meant to go together. These are two very different themes and units.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 4th, 2022, 11:04 AM

So how do we want to move forward with these guys? I still like what's in the OP and don't see a difference in terms of theme issues/fixes with other proposed versions (given changing their class to Sentinels; could possibly change Last Will to Unfinished Business or something if that helps, too). I don't think moving through the spirit realm is a terrible idea either, but it would be kind of weird alongside the Velnesh moving through another, different alternate dimension. Either way we will have multiple other movement and revive powers in the set, which is fine as long as they are all unique.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:46 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

We're talking about this from the OP, right?
Quote:
JANDAR
HONORED SOUL-GUIDES
Species Undead
Unique Squad
Class Sentinels
Personality Stoic
SIZE HEIGHT Medium 5

LIFE 1 (2 figures)
MOVE 5 / BASIC 6
RANGE 1 / BASIC 1
ATTACK 2 / BASIC 2
DEFENSE 5 / BASIC 5

50 POINTS

LAST WILL
After revealing an order marker on this card but before taking a turn with the Honored Soul-Guides, choose one of your previously destroyed [small or medium] Unique Heroes that is not on this card. Remove all wound markers from the chosen Hero's card, place it adjacent to a Soul-Guide you control, then destroy that Soul-Guide. Take a turn with that Hero, then destroy it and place it on this card.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for an Honored Soul-Guide's movement, ignore elevations. An Honored Soul-Guide may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Honored Soul-Guide is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I do see why you were suggesting Guides as the class.

I looked further into the backlog and I think Journey Through the Spirit World looks like a cool power.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 22nd, 2022, 07:28 PM

So what's the consensus here, Class changes to Guides and power to:

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to a Soul Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a different Soul Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.
?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs