Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Star Wars Custom Card template...

A3n,
Printed out your update. I like the scorch, I think it's more Star Wars-y, but it looks out of place on the pristine bulkhead (as does the blood, for that matter). Would there be a way to make it look like some other readout screen?
No matter which way you go, it's still and AWESOME card! Hope Matt Helm paid you well !

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

A3n buddy, I put a Skywalker write up in my thread in case you wanted to experiment the template with a different faction and color scheme.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Let's see if I can finally finish this template off. Please offer opinions on the following:
  • Faction name position (I think looks good where it is)
  • Blood or Scorch Mark (I prefer the blood but think it should be rounder - not so spread out)
  • Left stat box (I like the colour as I think it does look like a monitor display but I don't like the shape in that part of the card - I don't want it to be another holographic heads-up like the right stat box though)

Cheers
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

• I like the current position of the faction name.
  • I prefer the scorch mark. I can't ever remember seeing any blood in Star Wars.
  • I like the left stat box. It might look more like a monitor screen if everything is left justified, but I'm not sure if that would look any good at all.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the faction name as is.
I prefer the blood, looks more Heroscapey.
I'm not a fan of the shape of the left box, but I can't think of a better alternative, either.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:01 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I prefer the scorch mark.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I'm not a fan of the shape of the left box, but I can't think of a better alternative, either.
What if I made it rectangular but larger so that the left side of it wasn't visible, like it's just not in the view. Do you think that might do it?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:51 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

That might work, it's worth a try.
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:33 AM

Ok I am a lot happier with this now.

Changes:
  • I made the left stat box look more like a monitor style read out.
  • I have added a bit of rust to the bulkheads.
  • I changed the blood & made it interact a little with the crevice of the bulkhead. [I will provide a scorch-mark version for those that prefer it - I decided I wanted to keep a little consistency with HS]
  • I made up a Force symbol which is the same as GO's idea but I made a different background for it rather than using the SuperStrength swirl icon.

I have to change the holographic icon to the same figure & then I think all I have to do is optimise it & produce colour variations for the different factions.

Sorry I am taking so long, & I hope the final product is worth the wait.

Cheers
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart

For something of this high of quality, it's worth the wait.
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's the best looking card I've seen for Star Wars yet! Simply amazing. Keep up the great work!

The holographic on the side is what makes it so different, but better.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Gray18784 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Great work man looking good can wait to it done. Nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Ok I am a lot happier with this now.

Changes:
  • I made the left stat box look more like a monitor style read out.
  • I have added a bit of rust to the bulkheads.
  • I changed the blood & made it interact a little with the crevice of the bulkhead. [I will provide a scorch-mark version for those that prefer it - I decided I wanted to keep a little consistency with HS]
  • I made up a Force symbol which is the same as GO's idea but I made a different background for it rather than using the SuperStrength swirl icon.
I have to change the holographic icon to the same figure & then I think all I have to do is optimise it & produce colour variations for the different factions.

Sorry I am taking so long, & I hope the final product is worth the wait.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards