Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 11th, 2018, 08:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

What part of posting your maps are you having trouble with?

I've suggested to you before the thread How To Share Your Maps With The World, which I think is excellent. Which part of that gets you confused?
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:17 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I did check the thread "How to Share your Maps with the World", but it requires a lot of reading just to know what to do. There needs to be a better map tutorial for visual learners and others.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Here's a brief outline:
  • Make a map in VirtualScape.
  • Save the image of the 3D view (either through the provided tool in VS, or by taking a screen capture).
  • Add the name of your map to the image using Paint or GIMP (optional)
  • Use a PDF Writer (Windows 10 has one built-in, or use CutePDF) to save your map as a PDF through the Print dialog.
  • Upload the image (like you do for your customs).
  • Upload the PDF somewhere (Google Drive or MediaFire are popular options).
  • Post the image in your thread with the link to the build instructions.

Do you need more explanation on any of those steps?
Old September 11th, 2018, 10:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
As an "old fart", I can say with confidence that I've long been disappointed with how the veterans treat newcomers to the site. There is a ridiculous amount of gatekeeping that goes on...

Look guys, the game has been dead for years. Can we really not foster a more welcoming environment for those precious few new people who decide to dip their toes in?
I'm really puzzled about what you're referring to. I don't see any of that. Can you point to some examples?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
As an "old fart", I can say with confidence that I've long been disappointed with how the veterans treat newcomers to the site. There is a ridiculous amount of gatekeeping that goes on...

Look guys, the game has been dead for years. Can we really not foster a more welcoming environment for those precious few new people who decide to dip their toes in?
I'm really puzzled about what you're referring to. I don't see any of that. Can you point to some examples?
I'm torn about this request because I feel like calling out certain users isn't really conducive to improving their behavior.

Suffice it to say that I think we should:

-Allow all users to start threads for their questions in the Official Rules & FAQs forum

-Ask that veteran users take advantage of the search function to avoid duplicate threads, but never chastise newer members for not doing so

-Have moderators merge duplicate threads if needed

-Simply answer questions from any users, rather than giving them this kind of crap:

The whole purpose of this subforum is to answer rules questions. If rules questions annoy you, what are you doing here?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 17th, 2018, 01:04 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I agree with caps. I rarely see that kind of behavior, nor the usage of those particular "frownies."
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:06 PM

Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker Airballshooter knows what's in an order marker

how do i open my own threat? i cant find the button

Last edited by Airballshooter; September 25th, 2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: changed "post" to "threat"
Old September 25th, 2018, 05:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

First, make sure you're in the subforum you want to be in. The button will be on the top left (but below any nested subforums). It's blue, and says "New Thread".
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:30 PM

Targonthedragon Woo who?
Question Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Serious question.

Feral Troll from BftU has Blood Frenzy ability, does this work on destructable objects like the castle door?
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

I believe so. Here's the relevant section from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack. Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked.
Old October 9th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Targonthedragon Woo who?

thank you!
Old October 9th, 2018, 09:00 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I believe so. Here's the relevant section from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack. Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked.
"...the door is not a figure"

Troll:
"...wound marker on the defending figure's army card"

I'd go with no boost from blood frenzy.

Personally, I've never seen a door that bleeds when you hack at it, so....

But really, I could see it either way. Poor troll could probably use the boost in usefulness as a door killer, haha

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's