Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2011

Fuzzyfoot just confirmed with me that he and his crew of 3 or 4 will be here on Saturday and may be here for nearly the entire event, from setup to late at night (subject to change.) He is also in the market to purchase a Wave 9 if someone wants to point him in the right direction.
They will only have one camera and I'm giving them my parking spot inside the complex. I'll still try and block off 2 spots in front of my apartment and move my car once they are needed.
Also, they will need waivers signed by those willing to have their image used in the production and promotion of this documentary. I suggested that those not willing to sign the waivers try and stay on the second story so he wouldn't be forced to use a lot of digital mosaics or black bands to block your identities.
I and the gaming community thank you.
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

So if someone can print up the glyph sheet that will help if we need more.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:38 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

Professor dropped a bomb on me today. I won't be participating in the tournament. I may only be able to come by for a few hours and if so I rather do the free play after the tournament. Anyone up for a full game of Battlestargalactica with the entire game? That is if anyone has exodus?? (I have Pegasus and the main game... unless you have the whole set and rather not mix mine in for no reason) and/or cosmic ecounters (FFG version)?

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can bring some glyphs. I should have several copies of most of them.

Still can't find another whiteboard. Still haven't settled on an army yet.

Happy to sign a waiver for me and the kid (although he won't be playing, so it may not matter much for him). Actually, I suppose I ought to ask his mom, but he was already in a documentary once (about his old school), so I don't think it's a biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post

Happy to sign a waiver for me and the kid (although he won't be playing, so it may not matter much for him). Actually, I suppose I ought to ask his mom, but he was already in a documentary once (about his old school), so I don't think it's a biggie.
I can bring glyphs as well. I might be able to bring a whiteboard if it'll fit in h3xtr1p's car, but I wouldn't know until Saturday morning.
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post

I can bring glyphs as well. I might be able to bring a whiteboard if it'll fit in h3xtr1p's car, but I wouldn't know until Saturday morning.
It'll fit, you can ride on the luggage rack if need be.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:01 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Well if the glyph is only way to get up to the top of something just putting a tough unit on there could make it an unfair battle. I don't know how your map is put together though. Anyway most tourney maps have designated glyph spots, the ones on your map would probably be considered terrain in this case.
Ah. Yeah. There are other ways up what with ladders. I have faith in Velenne's design. Haha. We'll see how it goes on Saturday.
Actually the ladders on the map would make it impossible for non flying 2 hexed units like TOR KUL NA / Krug / Fen Hydra / Jotun etc etc... to get up top without the summoning glyphs. And since the glyphs selected are going to be random and from a specific pool it will make this map very imbalanced for anyone that brings a non flying 2 spaced figure to the tournament. This is why I am strongly against non standard maps in tournament play. For the most part, they are simply not balanced and should not be used in a tournament. That map looks really fun for casual play though.

Last edited by CharosInCharge; October 14th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I see all snow based BOV maps are going to be there tomorrow. Is the snow going to be normal or heavy. I would recommend normal snow, simply because it will speed up play. Heavy snow also puts 2 hex figures at a large disadvantage.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I see all snow based BOV maps are going to be there tomorrow. Is the snow going to be normal or heavy. I would recommend normal snow, simply because it will speed up play. Heavy snow also puts 2 hex figures at a large disadvantage.
I believe most maps have which it should be specified but I could be wrong. And something has to be restricting movement. That's what makes snow fun!

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

NOTE!!!

I won't be able to bring the map, "Blackroot!"

The boxes I took from my storage unit didn't have what I thought they did (serves me right for not looking). And unfortunately I'll be on the road headed down there by the time they open again tomorrow. I am still bringing "Arctic Divide", though.

Though it looks like we should have enough maps...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:36 AM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I'll bring Blackroot just in case. I am currently playing a game on it in my garage, so I will throw it into the box with Fossil.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:52 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

So are we good on maps? No Football tomorrow

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day