Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 21st, 2008, 03:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Glyph of Dagmar: Initiative Probabilities

It should also be noted that Dagmer allows you to take more risks (well that are less risky) with order marker placement as well.

If you have a powerful hero such as the new Sgt. Drake (SotM) with only one wound left you can feel better about placing your first order marker on him. When you are one who is facing an opponent with Dagmer you are much less likely to take these kind of risks.

In addition Dagmer can be a powerful tool for and against units that are in extreme danger when they lose initiative. (Airborne Elite, Rechets of Bogden).

Grenade lobbyist
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

I actually prefer for my opponent to have Dagmar in the early game. That lets me pull two turns in a row at a critical time with an initiative switch and then hold it for the mid/late game. Dagmar's funny in that it's value is heavily dependent on what's going on in the game.
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I always knew that it improved the odds pretty significantly, but 5:1... that's good to know! Thanks fomo6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:22 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

i agree, dagmar is helpfull.
pretty much everything i have to say.
feel free to quote my awesome perspective.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:39 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added to first post:

You may be interested in calculating the odds of winning initiative in other scenarios. (Capuan Gladiator initiative +3, Lodin +1, and combinations of these with the +8 glyph)

Here is a relatively simple formula for calculating them: (Works for any initiative advantage from 0 to 20)

prob the disadvantaged player gets initiative= [(19-A)(20-A)] / (760+2A)

Where A is the the absolute advantage of the other player.

(A=8 if one is on a glyph; A=5 if one is on the glyph and the other is using capuan gladiators; and so on.)

The following table lists the advantage of the opposing player and the probability that you will get initiative. (If you have the advantage, it's just 1 minus the value listed here.)

_0 _50.0%
_1 _44.9%
_2 _40.1%
_3 _35.5%
_4 _31.3%
_5 _27.3%
_6 _23.6%
_7 _20.2%
_8 _17.0%
_9 _14.1%
_11.5%
__9.2%
__7.1%
__5.3%
__3.8%
__2.5%
__1.5%
__0.8%
__0.3%
__0.0%
__0.0%

This only works for the 2-player case. Thanks to Obsidian for the idea of making a formula.
Old February 27th, 2023, 10:16 PM

OCDJ-scaper is surprisingly tart

Ok question though… Anyone actually know what Dagmar is in the lore of Heroscape?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units