Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
i just posted a topic oin this for a pen and paper version. i have a lot of work still to do(like classses and stats for the scape board cards). But i should work out well check it out.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
So, can anyone post their rough drafts?
I am refining the rough draft I have been working on but I am hesitant to post it until it is a little cleaner...

I did receive my copy of Hercules & Xena by West End Games from an ebay purchase and it is confirming my decision to go with the D6 Legends system. I am tweaking a few things based on this ruleset.

It has a whole book on GM'ing, something I am not going to spend a lot of time on in the HeroScape version, so it would be a good resource for those that want more info there.

I will try to post the rough draft by the end of the week...

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old December 4th, 2007, 12:49 AM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Here are some character cards I made for my own little RPG. They are still being worked on, so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...cter_Cards.pdf

Figures from Heroscape I'll be using for these are:
Paladin - Sir Dendrick
Fighter - Eldgrim
Wizard - Morsbane
Cleric - Valguard
Monk - Monk
Necromancer - Sudema
Archer - Syvarris
Rogue - Ninja
Barbarian - Crixus
Samurai - Kaemon Awa
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:31 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
What kind of spells, skills and other nifty magics were you thinking of putting in?

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Just make sure you include the WotC Open License agreement to all of the cards and pieces.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Are you serious? If so, where would I find it?
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM

RealCheese has disabled reputation
My basic thought on this... Is the fact that I have been trying for months but I don't know coding all that well...

POINT ONE: Gameplay
I think it should have the basic rules of the actual game... Except it's either an MMO where you challenge each other OR you march your army to different destinations to fight, More like Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle-Earth...
PS: If anyone has played Poxnora (poxnora.com) it could be somewhat like this.

POINT TWO: Characters
All of the same characters should be used with the stats of Advanced and Basic depending on a certain difficulty chosen at the beginning of the game. I also find it would be a good idea to not only have the actual characters. but also the Marvel characters, and any other characters possible to add. Such as Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

POINT THREE: Store
The buying and selling of characters and items, such as those you would find on the battlefield in the actual board game. You would not sell to another person, but to the game itself. Just the basic store.

POINT FOUR: Battlefield
All from the game and more custom... or possibly a capability to make you own customs within the game.

That's all I got so far. Hope this helps... I don't know if any of this is possible
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:27 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
Are you serious? If so, where would I find it?

I was joking...but you can get the Open License agreement on their website.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM

elphiecoyle has disabled reputation
Hey guys, I've Revived my HS Advanced Ruleset and it may be in line with what you guys are looking for. I've tried to keep it away from Pen & Paper so that it could appeal to the general HS public looking for something more.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=5606&start=15

If this goes well, i'd be mad keen on going deeper and including weapons, incorporating gold and a gm system, and having chars start really low level and gaining stats (yes it would mean pen & paper :P).

I'd love your opinions and ideas.

Cheers,

Elf.

-=ElphieCoyle=-

Contribute to the -=Ultimate HS Experience=- http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=14865
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:20 AM

BobKalin has disabled reputation
Re: Zeek Heroscape Items

I'm new to Heroscape so bear with me.

In my Humble opinion I like the additions of several Small changes to the game. to the most part the game seems fine as it is for advanced gameplay. The only exceptions being facing & ground cover elements.

I am enthuiastic about 'ZEEK's proposed Additional Items and customized minature Statistics.

Unlike other rpg versions of heroscape, as a new player I enjoy the static characters and elements of the game.

To me the concept of createing individual stat cards for each individual figure that comes with the valkarie set is wonderfuly awesome. No squads, just individuals. this makes each character have their own advantages and disadvantages for both basic and advanced rules.

Take this 'individual minature' concept and ADD in the 'customizeable items' makes the game even more exciteing without really changeing the rules at all.

For example
'Old Sword' item might be cheap and give you +1 die to attack but only lets you use it for 5 attack turns before it must be discarded. (it would have 'life points')

Or 'advanced body armor' would be expensive, and give the individual a +2 to defense but would result in the individual moving only 2 spaces per turn. (also removes any flight option or high speed special attacks)

None of these items would change the gameplay except the addition of a 'store purchase' at the beginning of the game (not round) (ie, useing points not only to purchase indiviudal fighters but also gear)

This concept of new items -SHOULD- be added to the heroscape game. Heck sell a new pack of characters but have a huge FREAKING stack of unique items cards (20 items set, not randomized) + valkarie set individual figure cards. Then charge the price of a 'large expansion'. I know I would buy it!!!

By the time you think of something, 10 other people have thought of it and at least one has acted on the idea.
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM

link10020 has disabled reputation
well me and some friends tried a HS RPG once. I was a "GAme master" so to speak and played the role of the bosses and such my other friends would level up every 100 experiance. thier stats were initaly low but soon one of them had like 10 health/life/defence and 8 move/range. and had hulk`s ability to make his attack go up and agents carr`s sword of reckoning. my system needa a major overhaul. if his character were an actuall hs figure, then he would be arounf 10000 pts!!!

No gruts? no glory!

- 10 to life for chicken abuse!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
I did a HS RPG awhile back. Started out ok. Each player rolled for stats on a d6, and created a character. The players also created there own special moves with my approval. The only problem I had was when they leveled up. It was fine at first, just adding one point here and there for certain things, but before we knew it, it was pretty unbalanced. There was a point where I had one guy rolling 15 die for a special move, guys with range of 12, moves of 15, it was insane when we were trying to roll 15 attack die and 10 defense die. It was a very broken system that was scrapped. If I had to do it again, I would stick with official characters, tested customs, and wouldn't stray to far off the beaten path.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions