Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: A More Challenging Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris View Post
Thats odd. I uploaded another virtualscape file but that one works. I'll try and fix it when i get a chance.

And yes, it is a virtualscape file.
Okay. I'll be able to open it tomorrow when I'm using my desktop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
Kaiyu, did you have any rough point equivelant in mind per level when you were creating this? My incomplete attempts at backward-engineering has led me to believe that it's anywhere between 40 and 80 points per level. It's for a project I'm working on and for the moment I've settled on 60 points per level but I figured it was worth asking what you had in mind.
Actually, you're under scoring a bit. Level 1 is around 80-100, Level 2 about 200, Level 3, over 300, and level 4 probably about 500+, depending on how well a player uses the synergy of their powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
By the way, if you guys want to try a more challenging version of this, instead of giving each player their own set of Order Markers, put all the Order Markers in a cup and have each player draw one (assuming you have 4 players...with 3 players don't use the X unless you have a special power that makes use of it and then just give it to that player, with two players each player draws 2 Order Markers).

This also makes it more compatible with campaigns written for vanilla Heroscape, like the BftU campaign, the SotM campaign, or the River of Blood campaign. Be warned, though: those campaigns are designed for the equivelant of high level heroes.
If you did this, then yes, the Heroes might be closer to 50-60. Its not a bad idea either, and you're pretty much just playing classic Heroscape, except your Army is composed of 3/4 Heroes. I did design it with every intention of it being 100% compatible, and if you find splitting the order markers more fun, then go for it. I think I'm going to give it a try myself.
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Woah....Kaiyu changed his username I think

Old December 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
Woah....Kaiyu changed his username I think
A while ago. I think it used to be kaiyu707, but when I came back, it had changed.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Chardris is surprisingly tart

Not sure if it's because I'm using the computer with the file, but I can upload the map with no problems. What might be the issue is I put the map in the center of the field of empty hexes. If you zoom out completely, it should be there. If that doesn't work, let me know.
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few comments about the latest addition:

First off, good job man! My Scape is currently put away(relatives staying for about a week), but I'll definitely try some of this new stuff when I get a chance!

Second, IMO, Kyrie should be an available race for Necromancer School(Runa), Fire School(Not sure, maybe Kiova), and MAYBE Druid school(Saylind) as well. Just my opinion though.

Third, is the Range Optimization Optional? I'm assuming it is, but I just wanted to make sure.

Fourth, do you have any plans for expanding HoS beyond the classes the game has given? With a LITTLE imagination, we actually DO have available figures for a lot more race/class combos than the game has(More Kyrie wizard types, for instance).
One suggestion for a new subclass would be two new wizard schools: FROST and SHADOW Magic.
Another idea for a new class would be based on the Hunter/Warlock class in WoW. Both classes had 'pets' that would level up with them as they leveled. A HoS variant would entail a character summoning a multi-life pet that progress with them. Different pet 'types' (Wolf or Spider for instance) would have different strengths. I can provide some of my ideas for this class if you like the idea.
Oh, and the 'Hunter' would be able to bond with the 'pet', but the pet wouldn't necessarily be as effective as, say, a 'hunter'/Champion combo.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Last edited by gorthan313; December 11th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
IMO, Kyrie should be an available race for Necromancer School(Runa), Fire School(Not sure, maybe Kiova), and MAYBE Druid school(Saylind) as well. Just my opinion though.
Necromancer? Fire? Druid? I just don't see it. I do wish there is some sort death school of magic for Runa that isn't based on raising the dead. Technically none of the Kyrie are Wizards, and only Kelda can heal, but that is from the magic of the wellspring. Otherwise, every other girl Kyrie's special powers come from their items given by their general (Raelin's Spear of Gerda provides a protective aura, Saylind's Spear of Summoning allows her to summon allies, the runes on Kiova's rune-engraved sword is a spell that when sung provides protection, and Runa's Mitonsoul Aura comes from the Helmet of Mitonsoul.)

In addition, the theme I was going for with the Kyrie is simple and basic; very few d20 based powers, no special attacks. The only reason I allowed the Divine School of Magic was so they could have the healing and defense aura.
Quote:
Is the Range Optimization Optional? I'm assuming it is, but I just wanted to make sure.
Yes, that way you can stay as a Major X17 or DW7000-like Soulborg.

Quote:
Do you have any plans for expanding HoS beyond the classes the game has given? With a LITTLE imagination, we actually DO have available figures for a lot more race/class combos than the game has(More Kyrie wizard types, for instance).
One suggestion for a new subclass would be two new wizard schools: FROST and SHADOW Magic.
Another idea for a new class would be based on the Hunter/Warlock class in WoW. Both classes had 'pets' that would level up with them as they leveled. A HoS variant would entail a character summoning a multi-life pet that progress with them. Different pet 'types' (Wolf or Spider for instance) would have different strengths. I can provide some of my ideas for this class if you like the idea.
Oh, and the 'Hunter' would be able to bond with the 'pet', but the pet wouldn't necessarily be as effective as, say, a 'hunter'/Champion combo.
I'll get back to you about this in a couple of days after everyone's finished commenting on the most recent update.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

The power "Lie in waiting" should just be Lie in Wait.

Oh, and should Wrist Rocket be usable without Range Optimization?

EDIT: Also, a couple of minor errors under Hail Fire Missile Launcher Special Attack. (Which by the way, looks sweet, if a little expensive.) You put, "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure ate also affected..." You know how to fix that. Also, it should read, "This figure only needs clear line of sight to the chosen figure", not "at".

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.

Last edited by Therion; December 12th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
The power "Lie in waiting" should just be Lie in Wait.

Oh, and should Wrist Rocket be usable without Range Optimization?

EDIT: Also, a couple of minor errors under Hail Fire Missile Launcher Special Attack. (Which by the way, looks sweet, if a little expensive.) You put, "Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure ate also affected..." You know how to fix that. Also, it should read, "This figure only needs clear line of sight to the chosen figure", not "at".
I thought I fixed that the last time you pointed that out

EDIT: Would Lay in Waiting be okay?

Yes it is.

I'll fix those.

Thanks again Therion! You're always such a great help.
Old December 13th, 2010, 04:10 AM

Patch v1.0 is officially released.

The second post will now contain all future patch updates for download.
Old December 13th, 2010, 07:15 PM

elemyst is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Just a little question:
Why can't the kyrie have gold and items??
I just don't get the logic behind that.

By the way my next game should be december 22, unless there are some people who can't come.
Old December 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemyst View Post
Just a little question:
Why can't the kyrie have gold and items??
I just don't get the logic behind that
To balance their free Flying Special Power, which typically would cost 2 Skill Points. This same balance tactic is done with the Phantom Knight and Dragon.

Last edited by Kaiyu; December 13th, 2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added Dragon
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

I think it's a good balancing mechanism.

Maybe just imagine that human-manufactured goods are too heavy for the Kyrie to fly with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions