Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 11th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan)

The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 34
WEB OF VENOM

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

Alternate Surfer Card
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Venom.

Character Bio - After years of being the Scorpion, Mac Gargan was more of a punchline than a threat. So he bonded with the Venom symbiote to become a bigger, stronger, meaner punchline than ever before. As the new Venom, Gargan was more ferocious, more powerful and more unhinged than his predecessor. He was also dumber than a box of rocks, but he achieved some success by hitching his wagon to Norman Osborn's star. As Osborn's flunky, he was a member of the Sinister Twelve, then the Thunderbolts, and eventually even the "Avengers" lead by Norman Osborn's supposedly-heroic alter ego, Iron Patriot.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Venom interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Symbiote, Venom interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a Ferocious Criminal, Venom interacts differently with these special powers and may allow an opponent's Aaron Cash to boost his movement with his Action Reflexes special power.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Venom interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Venom's Cannibal Craving special power does not allow him to heal after destroying Androids with his normal attack, or take an additional turn after destroying a Common or Squad figure.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: MrNobody
  • Second playtest: Arch-vile
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Soundwarp SG-1
  • Mac Gargan created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko; Venom created by David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane; Mac Gargan as Venom introduced by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson
  • Comic art by Mike Deodato

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:33 AM. Reason: png
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Venom (Mac Gargan)

NAME = VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = MAC GARGAN

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 245

COLLATERAL DAMAGE 15
After Venom is moved by any player, that player must choose a figure adjacent to Venom and roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if they do not permanently control Venom. If they roll 15 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound.

CANNIBAL CRAVING
If Venom destroys a figure other than an Android or a destructible object with his normal attack, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. If the destroyed figure was a Unique Hero or Event Hero, you may take one additional turn with Venom.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Venom, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Venom's height of 6 when climbing. Venom never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by MrNobody; November 15th, 2019 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Point value of 245
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Just A Head

Art stuff

Comic pics
Spoiler Alert!

Mini pics
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; January 22nd, 2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I might? Take a look in my album (linked in the first post of the photo depository). If not, I can provide.
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I might? Take a look in my album (linked in the first post of the photo depository). If not, I can provide.
Last time I went in your mini photo post, I went missing for 3 days.

Thanks, updated with the pics.
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

Old November 11th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Eh. Bring snacks, you'll be fine.
Old November 11th, 2019, 09:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And water. Stay hydrated people. Dehydration just as much an issue in the winter.

Design looks good.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 11th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For power ordering, I would go Collateral Damage -> Cannibal Craving -> Expert Climbing. (I know we're not super consistent about where movement powers like Expert Climbing go, but I prefer them at the bottom.)

Numbers can be tweaked obviously, but I think he's good for testing.
Old November 11th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And water. Stay hydrated people. Dehydration just as much an issue in the winter.

Design looks good.
When you fall down a bottomless pit ... you die of hunger.

"Does anybody have some Lunchables? Maybe a juice box?"

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Actually this should be the order: Expert Climbing > Collateral Damage > Cannibal Craving.

Per the Aesthetics guide movement powers go first barring no start of round or start of game power.
Old November 12th, 2019, 01:18 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Actually this should be the order: Expert Climbing > Collateral Damage > Cannibal Craving.

Per the Aesthetics guide movement powers go first barring no start of round or start of game power.

I would probably also drop Expert Climbing to the bottom, like Johnny. Chronological order is the logical default, but it's not always going to be the best way to present information.

Reused powers have a way of dropping to the bottom of the card. Not always the case, and largely depends on the LD. SirG would definitely put Expert Climbing up top (see Lizard/Scorpion) but you could find counter-examples on cards like Wendigo (Cannibal Craving before Super Leap) or Doctor Octopus (Expert Climbing after everything else).

Hasbro cards also do what I'm talking about, if you look at The Conflict Begins: they'd drop Flying to the bottom, but put the then-rare movement powers (Stealth Flying, Super Leap, Swing Line) higher on the card. I think we use Expert Climbing enough that it's a stock power and drops to the bottom of the card, but YMMV.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library