Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
Oh, and Bobbo, it actually take ALOT less to bring Gary to his knees...
my knees are in pretty bad shape...probably because i've spent so much time on them - praying of course.
ROTFL!!!
I should put this in my sign LOL

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old May 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Thanks! These will be very helpful! Finally all the maps nice and organized.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
Oh, and Bobbo, it actually take ALOT less to bring Gary to his knees...
my knees are in pretty bad shape...probably because i've spent so much time on them - praying of course.
Bravo, Gary! Good form in taking the high ground!

Recent Games Played:
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for gathering the maps up, Gary! Those would have been a terrible resource to lose.

Newb.
Old May 12th, 2006, 02:13 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, awesome, exactly what I wanted. The 5 ms zip is actually the 1 ms, though.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Wow, awesome, exactly what I wanted. The 5 ms zip is actually the 1 ms, though.
oops. sorry guys. all fixed.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:46 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Wow, these take a while to download.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
do you all think useful to pack all maps (grouped by MS #) in a unique PDF?
A sort of "Map Bible"?
I think that would be a monster file. I like the idea, but I think it might be a good idea to whittle down the number of maps. The problem with that would be the logistics of deciding what to keep, and there would likely be hurt feelings/bruised egos when one guy's maps made the cut and another guy's maps didn't make the cut. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:48 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
do you all think useful to pack all maps (grouped by MS #) in a unique PDF?
A sort of "Map Bible"?
I think that would be a monster file.
If you have some good importer of PDF (like CorelDraw) or the Acrobat PRO you will see that in the majority of maps EACH single tile is composed by almost 4 "shapes", 3 of them absolutely unuseful. More, there's ALL the tiles in each "figure", visible or not. With a bunch of (tedious) work, they can be optimized keeping the size at a more decent value. I think it depends on the stuffs used to print as PDF, i don't know. Anyway all maps are almost doubled in size than needed.

And no, i will not like to "throw out" some maps

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old May 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i will say one thing about LandSCAPE PDFs - they are way bigger than necessary.

i've decided to start keeping the documentation in a separate small text file (html to be precise) and just put the graphics to the PDF.

it's nice having the whole deal in a single PDF but it's not worth the file size, imo.
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:37 PM

Sapper has disabled reputation
Thanks for doing that with the maps. Great idea.
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper
Thanks for doing that with the maps. Great idea.
you're welcome. glad i did it now that HQ has closed. (there might a few maps done by people that stopped coming to the forums.)

the one thing i didn't do was note the owner if they didn't do so in the PDF. not sure who will have access to the HQ data but we may need to look up the HQ download details on some of these, or they can just remain as "author unknown". no biggie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios